Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Lavar's twitter

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #31
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Lavar's twitter

I think Lavar's opinion is skewed. Just a little cause if I were him I would still be bitter. However even us fans have pointed our fingers at the ownership. The problem is and will always remain is that DS is not going anywhere. I'm not sure what the fans think will happen? DS is going to say "Man, I must be the problem so I'll just go out and sell the team." That aint going to happen. As long as this team is making money then all the powers that be will be content. It's not like the fans are going to rally together and force DS to sell the team unless he's losing money over several yrs not just one. and If I'm correct we would find DS moving the team saying "the market is weak in DC."

Can any of the other owners force DS out? I doubt it. So now you know your stuck with DS. accept it. move on.

The only thing fans can hope for is DS finally steps back and gets good football people to run the show and just enjoy the games on Sun. Unfortunatly that would mean he would have to admit he's not as good as he thinks he is and that might not happen either.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #32
12thMan
MVP

I tell you who had a great point during an interview, Phillip Daniels. Following the game he said that the Giants were looking up at the rest of the NFC East the year they won the Super Bowl. Ironically it was the win against the Redskins that jumped started the whole roll.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #33
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think Lavar's opinion is skewed. Just a little cause if I were him I would still be bitter. However even us fans have pointed our fingers at the ownership. The problem is and will always remain is that DS is not going anywhere. I'm not sure what the fans think will happen? DS is going to say "Man, I must be the problem so I'll just go out and sell the team." That aint going to happen. As long as this team is making money then all the powers that be will be content. It's not like the fans are going to rally together and force DS to sell the team unless he's losing money over several yrs not just one. and If I'm correct we would find DS moving the team saying "the market is weak in DC."

Can any of the other owners force DS out? I doubt it. So now you know your stuck with DS. accept it. move on.

The only thing fans can hope for is DS finally steps back and gets good football people to run the show and just enjoy the games on Sun. Unfortunatly that would mean he would have to admit he's not as good as he thinks he is and that might not happen either.
I believe most of the owners are Snyder family.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #34
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I tell you who had a great point during an interview, Phillip Daniels. Following the game he said that the Giants were looking up at the rest of the NFC East the year they won the Super Bowl. Ironically it was the win against the Redskins that jumped started the whole roll.
Our best chance would probably be to follow that model set by the Giants of being the worst regular season Skins team since 2006, but parlaying a weak schedule into 9 wins or so, and around playoff time, finding out that the 14 consecutive games that each player on the line has played with each other yields a pretty darn good unit. All of a sudden, Portis becomes a factor in the playoffs.

That would be a best case scenario. It's realistic, but we're going to have to get really, really lucky. And the defense is going to have to look like a defense at some point.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #35
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I used to feel the same way but now I'm coming around to the idea that the common denominator all along has been Snyder.

We've tried different coaches with different philosophies and obtained the same results. I don't buy the talent issue or the coaching issue. There's no way this team should be losing to the Lions or barely beating the Rams. I'm not saying we have the most talent in the league, but we're certainly in the middle of the pack at least and shouldn't be struggling with the bottom feeders of the league.

I do think it's time for Snyder to hire a reputable football mind to be the GM and run the show with 100% authority over all football related decisions, and time for Snyder to step into the background and resign himself to inking the paychecks only.

I agree, but the problem is his ego will not allow him to relenquish authority because his ambition is to win, and to win doing things his way despite the fact for the last decade his way has not worked. He will continue to hire and fire his way out of one of the most storid franchises in the NFL. The fan in him prohibits him from exhibiting any form of patience.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #36
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
With all apologies to Matty, LaVar is the true Ego. Having spent a lot of time with him (granted it was over five years ago), I know he is an extremely stubborn, "I am never wrong" person. Nice guy, courteous. But he pretty much has remained bitter because people in the organization told him what he apparently had never been told before "You know what LaVar...sometimes your shit does stink"

He needs to get over it already

That said, the ownership situation had serious issues when LaVar was here. The ownership situation is soooo much better than it was when LaVar was here. Sooo much better. RIP Gerald Snyder but he was way too influential in roster decisions back in the day. And then there was Fred Drasner, who was basically everything fans assume Snyder to be. I believe Dan Snyder was too influenced by the impetuous nature of Drasner and the desire to get his dad all the players he wanted. With Fred Smith and especially Dwight Schar Snyder (Dan) has a stronger ownership group supporting him.
Don't the acquisitions of Jason Taylor, Albert Haynesworth and what appears to be the gross overpayment of DeAngelo Hall tend to indicate that nothing has really changed with regard to ownership and its "impetuous nature" ??
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #37
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I used to feel the same way but now I'm coming around to the idea that the common denominator all along has been Snyder.

We've tried different coaches with different philosophies and obtained the same results. I don't buy the talent issue or the coaching issue. There's no way this team should be losing to the Lions or barely beating the Rams. I'm not saying we have the most talent in the league, but we're certainly in the middle of the pack at least and shouldn't be struggling with the bottom feeders of the league.

I do think it's time for Snyder to hire a reputable football mind to be the GM and run the show with 100% authority over all football related decisions, and time for Snyder to step into the background and resign himself to inking the paychecks only.
Matty, I have to say, these are words I never thought I'd read in one of your posts.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #38
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Matty, I have to say, these are words I never thought I'd read in one of your posts.
I agree...

Things have to be really bad if Matty is making these remarks on the teams. How the mighty have fallen.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #39
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
I do to. Marty had an 8-3 run at the end of his tenure and really seemed, after a rough start, that the roster was buying into what he was preaching and his rugged coaching style. Only problem was, Snyder wasn't having fun.

For those of you that think Snyder is not involved, just look at all the free agents that have been signed. They all thank Dan Snyder for his direct involvement. You have to be pretty blind to think Dan Snyder sits at Redskins park and is dumb to what the football operation sis doing.

Snyder is involved in all aspects of this franchise, there are wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many ex-players who have mentioned that besides Lavar Arrington.

Being blind to all this and thinkign dan Snyder is not the problem is an option for you. But, these problems are NOT from pre-Snyder Era, may I remind you that was a DECADE, TEN YEARS AGO! You mean to tell me boy genious can not fix things over a 10 year period??????????????? Other franchises do it over a few years.

Snyder is involved. That's why marty didn't last. That's why we have Zorn. Other reputable coaches won't coach here withotu Snyder ceding control. You think he will do that?
Well if Snyder is the problem ther is nothing that can change that because I don't see him selling the team anytime soon. Heck, I'm thinking of going to the game this Sunday.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #40
MTK
\m/

Hey, I'm not dumb or a hard headed Republican. He's had his chance. I was willing to give him that but it's clear that it's not working. Time to change gears.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #41
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Hey, I'm not dumb or a hard headed Republican. He's had his chance. I was willing to give him that but it's clear that it's not working. Time to change gears.
THAT'S IT! It's the damn hard- headed Republican's fault!
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #42
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Don't the acquisitions of Jason Taylor, Albert Haynesworth and what appears to be the gross overpayment of DeAngelo Hall tend to indicate that nothing has really changed with regard to ownership and its "impetuous nature" ??
I might agree with Taylor. But I wouldn't say so with Hall and especially not Haynesworth.

But anyway, when I said "impetuous nature of Fred Drasner" I was referring specifically to Norv's in-season firing which I can tell you had Drasner's imprint all over it. I mean it was 100%, in my opinion, the right decision to fire Turner. Just not at that moment.

I think as fans we have to simply accept that Snyder will always have a level of involvement. Not buying his merchandise really isn't going to change that. And he will probably always seek, to an extent, the advice of Vinny Cerrato. Cerrato is like a member of the family.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #43
saden1
MVP

You know it's bad when Matty is ripping on Snyder.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #44
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
It's been 10 years. The time for learning has passed. We should be getting better results. But I do agree that LA isn't exactly the guy to be selling the message. What with being all bitter and totally biased. Maybe B Mitch would be better. Oh wait..
I had a bad month at work in July. No one really knew overall, but August, things took twice as long to fix or get right. I work in a fairly quick turnaround industry. I couldn't even tell you what problems I was facing in January because they have long been resolved and all is good.

Football teams don't operate that way. Snyder came in Brash and gonna do it his way. 10 seasons is like 10 weeks to my field. Maybe he's learned some lessons, maybe alot, as Smoot said, he has changed several of his advisors. He took a gamble on Zorn, either by design, or, more likely cause his past was a prohibiting factor to a lot of prospects. I guess my point is for us fans it has been a LONG 10 + years, but from a perspective of learning and changing, we are only talking a few repetitions or off-seasons for learning. I would personally hope that Snyder's time of learning never ends, and that he continually learns nuances and changes that make him a better owner.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #45
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You know it's bad when Matty is ripping on Snyder.
Not really ripping as much as trying to say a different approach is needed.