Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Notes from Zorn's Press Conference (Sept. 28)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #31
irish
Playmaker

Re: Notes from Zorn's Press Conference (Sept. 28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47FAN View Post
yes show some emotion and maybe he will get some respect
Zorn sure as hell isnt Gibbs but Gibbs handled the players the same way talking about how they fought their guts out and are quality guys and everyone loved it. If you really want to see the players lose respect for a coach just have him throw a clipboard during a halftime meeting. That stuff works in high school but not in the pros.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
You know, for once i would love to see Jim Zorn stop talking about these great players, great captains, professionals, blah blah, blah, and instead, get pissed, throw his damn clip board, and show some kind of emotion.
Didn't he pound his fist on the podium last year or something like that? I think that was more mocked than anything else
Old 09-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #33
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I wonder if Zorn knows that the players are not buying what he's selling.

Somewhere Snyder just whipped out his checkbook, trying to purchase the coaches respect on the players behalf.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #34
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Somewhere Snyder just whipped out his checkbook, trying to purchase the coaches respect on the players behalf.
lol!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
freddyg12
Playmaker

I'm not ready to say Zorn has to go. I certainly believe he should get the rest of the year AT LEASt unless this team falls completely apart.

At the same time, dating back to last year when CP threw him under the bus, Zorn has never seemed in control of the team, doesn't seem very stately, like a man in charge should. It could simply be his personality, or it could be the result of Danny's pressure on him. Either way, it doesn't look good from here out, even though the passing game has improved quite a bit.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
-We didn't win the one on one battles in coverage
Then change the one on one match ups during game situations.

-Lions max protected almost all day
Then back off the blitz and put more people in coverage until they minimize protection

-We flushed Stafford out of the pocket on the two big plays, secondary didn't hold their responsibilities and we paid for it
Only twice you created enough pressure to have the QB scramble? Play nickle then

-In the big picture, things are progressing, we're getting better. It's not showing in the wins. There are high expectations for us. We have high expectations for us
In the big picture all we care about are wins. putting points on the board wins games, usually more then your opponant. You don't win you lose your job!

-I don't look back at last year. 2008 is gone. I'm only dealing with 2009
OMG, history repeating itself. Correct last yrs mistakes and you half way there Zorn

-We have excellent men, great captains in the locker room. Captains are doing a great job keeping our guys together
Yep everyone is on the same losing page. Piss poor performance equals piss poor results

-Last play, we ran a play that gave us the opportunity to maybe pitch, catch and get in running (???)
WTF? This dreamed up play was all you had? Throw from the 36 to the 30yrd line and hope someone beats 8 defenders and gets into the end zone? Maybe if the pass was to the 5 yrd line but not from the 30 yrd line.

-Chad did a nice job in the run game, decent in the passing game, didn't affect my play calling at all
You can snow ball us on this one Zorn, we wouldn't know cause you failed to even attempt a run to the right side.

-Malcolm has to improve his playing speed
Thanks for this tid bit of info. However I don't think its his speed we have a problem with...it's more like getting the ball to him period.

-We have tremendous talent on this football team and we as coaches have to put the players in the right position and the players have to go out and make the play
Blah, Blah, Blah, SSDD, we keep hearing how "It's their job to get players in the right position for them to make a play"....guess what your failing at your job. Usually people get fired over $#*! like this. Atleast Norv did.

"If" they have any clue as to what the hell is going wrong we should not presume they would share it with us cause other teams would use it against us. but atleast fix the damn problem. Last yrs first 8 games went well...why? figure that out and utilize it. Look at the last 8 games and see if it's the same crap carried over. Just fix the problem. We have very few injuries this yr so that can not be used as an excuse.

Maybe benching the QB for one week will wake up the rest of the team and light a fire. Lets see if Collins can actually hit his targets in stride, maybe look off the safety and make a play, maybe not stare down his WR's, maybe not fumble the snap, maybe actually survey the whole field prior to throwing to a dump off route.
C'mon now dude that makes no damn sense bench the QB? What type of message would that send? That the season over remember this is not the 07 season better yet this is not Al Saunders offense either that TC was in for 40 years. So the results you think you made receive by benching the QB won't happen. Detroit's pass rush on us looked pretty damn good and it's hard as hell to look off a safety when you are on the run (TC can't run either) scrambling to find a passing lane. OL play is critical in the NFL once again i never said he played great but he didn't lose the game for us he barely had the ball to. He threw for 340 yards 2 td's 1 pick good numbers to me.1st half had the ball 8 out of 30 min 4 total possessions in which two possessions Moss & Cooley couldn't get one yard to keep the drive going. BUT YET IT IS ALL JC's FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #37
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
You know, for once i would love to see Jim Zorn stop talking about these great players, great captains, professionals, blah blah, blah, and instead, get pissed, throw his damn clip board, and show some kind of emotion.
I don't know if getting emotional solves anything but at least rationalize the game from a realistic perspective.

The things he's saying just makes it sound like he's not even commenting realistically on the events that took place. Go into a career of Public Relations if you want to spin everything into positive light.

Zorn, you only have to fluff Snyder from the Super Bowl until the start of free agency.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #38
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Zorn sure as hell isnt Gibbs but Gibbs handled the players the same way talking about how they fought their guts out and are quality guys and everyone loved it. If you really want to see the players lose respect for a coach just have him throw a clipboard during a halftime meeting. That stuff works in high school but not in the pros.
I begged to differ. I remember hearing former Redskins players under Gibbs I say that he [JG] would kick or throw chairs in the locker room during halftime if the 'skins were not playing well. Seemed to work just fine.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #39
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
You forgot...

Did you meet with Dan last night Zorn...not really?

But we will be spending time together this week. Hum, wonder why
They meet every week
Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #40
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They meet every week
I'm sure.

I watch the presser every week though. Never heard the question asked, has the Z man talked to the owner yet.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #41
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I begged to differ. I remember hearing former Redskins players under Gibbs I say that he [JG] would kick or throw chairs in the locker room during halftime if the 'skins were not playing well. Seemed to work just fine.
Never heard that. I might believe he may have done this back in the 80's but not his last four years.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #42
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Is it me, or does it seem like Zorn always tries to deflect blame from himself. I don't watch many interviews, so my take on him may be out of context.
He has to to an extent, he can't say oh whoops my fault every loss.. Gibbs could because of who he was and just his style that Danny already knows about, but Zorn won't get away with it.. if he starts blaming himself, he's resigning basically.. It would be nice if he'd take responsibility for a play or two though.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #43
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Never heard that. I might believe he may have done this back in the 80's but not his last four years.
Yeah I didn't hear about it in 2.0 but heard he was big on flipping the gatorade tables in the 80s
Old 09-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #44
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Well the Niners have come around under Singletary and are talking about how he's helping them so much when last year they were like who is this asshole making us run hills, etc.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I'm sure.

I watch the presser every week though. Never heard the question asked, has the Z man talked to the owner yet.
Well there was a reason to ask it this week