Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Accountability

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #31
redsk1
The Starter

Re: Accountability

There's not much accountability b/c our coach doesn't have much authority to do anything. Right? He doesn't have control of his team. It's not his team, it's VC's and DS's. They let Zorn know that he's not going to be calling plays. Sure, Zorn controls some things but it's really not his team. Exhibit A, playcalling.

I think by cutting the kicker you send a message. A message that says, we're not going to accept losing. It's a harsh message but it's the NFL and it's not always fair. Do you think Jimmie Johnson, Belicheck, Parcells, Lombardi, etc would keep Suisham after costing the team 2 games in 3 weeks? They probably wouldn't. Someone's got to pay, and unfortunately it's the kicker in most cases, whether it's fair or not.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #32
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Maybe I am showing my age, but can't we do without the showboating entirely? Riggins was awesome -- when he scored a TD (which he did often), he would jog over and hand the ball to the ref. When Darrell Green intercepted a pass, he would just jog over to the sidelines and let the offense take over. Art Monk was not known for his endzone celebrations. I miss those kind of players.

Separately, and back to the subject of accountability, I would like Landry to simply say, "You're right. I bit on a few plays, and they cashed in, and I let down my teammates. I will work even harder to make sure it doesn't happen again -- my team and the fans deserve it." For all the Suisam bashing going on, at least he stepped up and admitted he blew it. And Ethan Albright took the blame for a high snap (even though it wasn't). It is a mark or professionalism to admit to a mistake -- but perhaps as importantly, if players like Landry cannot even admit to having made them, how can we reasonably expect for them to learn from them?
Or correct them. I agree.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #33
Frost
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I was talking about people's reactions here regarding LL.

Yeah the showboating is annoying I guess, but it's not a huge deal overall. I'm more concerned with him biting on double moves or not wrapping up on a tackle. If he wants to celebrate after a play I honestly don't have a huge problem with it. Plenty of guys do it. Devin Thomas gets pretty jacked after a play but I haven't heard anyone attacking him.

yea I actually enjoy him showing his emotions, reminds me alot of #21. The fact is he was drafted as a STRONG safety and he is a beast if they let him play his natural position but he is forced to play the FS because well we have no one else. Same situation as the Orakpo experiment @ LB. I don't understand why so many people are bitching
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Maybe I am showing my age, but can't we do without the showboating entirely? Riggins was awesome -- when he scored a TD (which he did often), he would jog over and hand the ball to the ref. When Darrell Green intercepted a pass, he would just jog over to the sidelines and let the offense take over. Art Monk was not known for his endzone celebrations. I miss those kind of players.

Separately, and back to the subject of accountability, I would like Landry to simply say, "You're right. I bit on a few plays, and they cashed in, and I let down my teammates. I will work even harder to make sure it doesn't happen again -- my team and the fans deserve it." For all the Suisam bashing going on, at least he stepped up and admitted he blew it. And Ethan Albright took the blame for a high snap (even though it wasn't). It is a mark or professionalism to admit to a mistake -- but perhaps as importantly, if players like Landry cannot even admit to having made them, how can we reasonably expect for them to learn from them?
What about the Fun Bunch???

I miss the demonstrations. This game is about being excited, yeah, if you are 3-9 and you make a tackle after a 7 yard run that is stupid, but if you make a sack, a solid hit, whatever, get pumped, get everyone around you pumped.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #35
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

I don't know if this has been said in the multiple threads about Landry the last couple weeks, but unfortunately Landry is starting to look more and more like former cowboy Roy Williams. I think Williams was more consistent with wrapping up on a tackle instead of going for the knock out hit every single tackle attempt, but they both slowly were found out to be liability's on big pass plays more often than not. We truly need to look at finding a true free safety and switching Landry to his natural role of strong safety next year or otherwise this weakness in the secondary will continue to be exploited.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #36
freddyg12
Playmaker

One of Landry's biggest plays sunday actually is a good example of how unsound his play often is. On that sack of Brees, he never even got his hands on him from what I could see. It was another hit w/no rap. Brees almost stayed on his feet.

He had a big game yesterday save for a few plays. But when you're a free saftey you can't gamble when your team is up 7 & there's less than 2:00. I've thought that Landry has often been criticized unfairly this year for not "making plays" yet when he was out of the picture (literally if you're watching on tv) he was probably doing a great job. Now it seems the last 5 weeks or so he's getting out of position and/or taking chances to the detriment of the team. He's playing like Lavar at free safety!!!

something seems amiss a la 2006, when the secondary was getting beat at least once a week by a deep ball. That year the T. Friend article quoted an anonymous source about how the safety & secondary coaches instructed players differently. If what we're seeing lately isn't a coaching/scheme issue, it's at least a coaching/discipline issue.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #37
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
This is what happens when the Redskins draft a guy named Landry
hahahaha
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #38
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Seriously though, could Eddie Williams be a possible replacement for Sellers? I was a bit surprised to see Sellers get an extension. I thought he was actually a strong candidate to get cut this past summer
If we've learned ANYTHING this season, it's that we need younger blockers.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #39
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Maybe we should also pull a lineman out of a game after they allow a D lineman into the back field, pull our WR's when they drop a ball, bench JC when he throws a bad pass, etc... etc....
Ummm....NO.

Our starting linemen are already 3rd-stringer quality...pulling them will only get our QB killed.

Putting Collins in after Campbell throws a bad pass? That just tells the defense we WON'T be going deep.

Good intentions, bad idea though!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #40
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
One of Landry's biggest plays sunday actually is a good example of how unsound his play often is. On that sack of Brees, he never even got his hands on him from what I could see. It was another hit w/no rap. Brees almost stayed on his feet.
At first I thought that it was a very near whiff as well. Once they showed the replay that was pretty much right behind his angle, you see that he had to avoid some linemen to get through there and that's what caused the strangle approach to Brees.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote