Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome to the NFL Devin Thomas

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #31
bigmarley4
Special Teams

Re: Welcome to the NFL Devin Thomas

DT played great. Towards the end of the game they were providing over the top help for him instead of Moss... thought we didn't take advantage of that last drive, could have tried a "Slantana" near the end zone to seal it instead of the 3 straight runs.
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #32
redsk1
The Starter

Good thread. I'm real happy for DT. He catches the ball when it's thrown to him and he runs over people. Makes things happen. Same thing w/ Davis too. Kelly seems to make a couple plays a game too.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yes, I was happy for him. Glad he finally had a good day. My question is I thought he (DT) was supposed to be as fast as Moss? He took the Kick Off and ran into his own man then kicked it to the other side and got tackled. I thought he should have been able to out run the Saints player. DT really didn't look like he was running very fast.
He runs in the 4.3 - 4.4 range, he's fast. The Saints player just had a good angle on the kickoff.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #34
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I also think it's only a matter of time before DT breaks one on a kickoff too.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #35
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I think it's coming down to confidence and maturity. I think DT has both. Now I want to see him do it again and again. But no question he's starting to see the light. Great game yesterday DT!!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
mlmdub130
Playmaker

dt showed me alot yesterday and has been showing more and more each game, when they announced that he was over 100 yards receiving the stadium went nuts, i think everyone really loves this kid and wants to see him get in his groove, he is really starting to win me over and i hope he keeps moving in the right direction.

and as a side note i think he might have more heart and want than alot of guys because he is startig to really shine while there isn't even a chance of a winning season

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #37
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Dt reminds me alot of ocho cinco when he first came into the league.. Not blazing speed but just enough. And both guys are very good route runners and of course smack talkers lol
He also reminds me of Brandon Marshall (except he doesn't seem to be a dick) in his speed/size/tackle breaking abilities. Next year could be a nice breakout season for him.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I remember early on, Zorn saying how kickoffs helped DT get his head in the game early, BUT Zorn wanted him to develop without that crutch (paraphrase). It is interesting that now that DT is more involved in the kickoffs, his in game WR numbers are improving as well. Not sure if the two are related, and/or if now that he is getting into it, he won't need the KO duty to get his focus right.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #39
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
He runs in the 4.3 - 4.4 range, he's fast. The Saints player just had a good angle on the kickoff.
When I saw that play the first thing I said was that DT doesn't trust his speed yet. I think he probably could have beat him in a dead sprint... but just hesitated ever so slightly, and in the NFL you can't hesitate or the plays dead.

Crazy props to my man DT, he's really shown up...and we've needed our receivers to step up. Glad to see it finally working. He looks like he could be the read deal.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #40
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Thomas has really stepped up. Not only is he getting balls thrown his way but he is providing good hands, which the Redskins need. We don't seem to have many on offense or defense. I also really like the way Thomas and TE Fred Davis fight for the extra yards after the catch. Quite refreshing. Are we seeing Thomas emerge into a significant wide receiver threat?

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #41
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I remember early on, Zorn saying how kickoffs helped DT get his head in the game early, BUT Zorn wanted him to develop without that crutch (paraphrase). It is interesting that now that DT is more involved in the kickoffs, his in game WR numbers are improving as well. Not sure if the two are related, and/or if now that he is getting into it, he won't need the KO duty to get his focus right.
Good points . DT also made two critical tackles on KO team , he should get better as the season goes on .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

While you guys are saying it just a matter of time before he returns one I think its only a matter of time before he gets the ball knocked out of his hand. I noticed several times when he was holding the ball out while running and if he does not correct this someones going to bat it out. Other then that which should be an easy fix I was very impressed with his play today and hope to see him play even more over the next several weeks.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #43
budw38
Playmaker

If DT fails to return one for a TD next week ..... CUT HIM
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #44
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS
Special Teams

^i noticed that as well a few times.

still, big ups to DT for the come-out party. right after that return to the 40 in the closing minute (you know, when we seemed poised to get the W), DT walked off the field with a genuine grin on his face. first time i've seen a redskin do that all season. now he knows he can contribute and be successful on this level.

i just hope he'll stay focused enough to bring it every week, and that's yet to be seen. i also hope we'll get him the ball at least 5-6 times a game for the rest of the year. with how inconsistent the offense has been all year, even despite the improvements the last 4 weeks, i wouldn't be surprised if we only throw to him once in the flat next week. not hoping for that, for sure...but you never know this year.
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #45
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

DT played a hell of a game I hope he continues playing this well.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote