Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Mike Williams and Troy Williamson

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-27-2005, 08:05 PM   #31
e16bball
Special Teams

Re: Mike Williams and Troy Williamson

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Kay Jay ran a 4.55. That doesn't sound very impressive, but he checks in around 240 lbs.

And don't forget RB Brandon Jacobs, who weighed in at 260, but ran a 4.6, the same as Williams. That kid could be a beast out of So. Illinois.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #32
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

That Matt Jones guy just made himself millions of dollars. He went from being a nobody to a first round pick.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #33
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Portis ran a 4.4 at the combine. Sean Taylor ran at his proday and got a 4.5 but had a pulled hamstring, he was clocked before the injury and after he healed in the 4.3 range. Just to put things into comparrison
Old 02-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #34
Schneed10
A Dude

Fellas, I don't mean to burst your bubble on Mike Williams, but I don't think there's any way we're going to get a shot at him unless we trade up. The Titans just hired Norm Chow as their offensive coordinator, he was the coach of the offense at USC and coached Williams while he was there. I can't imagine that the Titans would be totally uninterested in him.

Plus as was mentioned, the Vikings are still a strong possibility at 7. And you never know, the Bears could like him at #4.

I think it will be tough for us. If we're looking at a WR, we're probably talking Williamson.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:56 PM   #35
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

You mean Sean Taylor was hand timed down in Miami and he got a great speed? Imagine that. The kid's fast, but you know that hand timing is quite biased, Skins. The same way Coles ran a 4.16 at Florida State.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #36
monk81
The Starter

Did anyone see the bench pressing.......made me tired just to watch.........
Old 02-27-2005, 10:53 PM   #37
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
You mean Sean Taylor was hand timed down in Miami and he got a great speed? Imagine that. The kid's fast, but you know that hand timing is quite biased, Skins. The same way Coles ran a 4.16 at Florida State.
Coles ran a 4.16, no way. The fastest ever was today and that was a 4.26
Old 02-27-2005, 10:56 PM   #38
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

CRT: It's called home timing someone on home turf. They said Coles ran a 4.16 coming out of Florida state. Feel free to look it up. I was proving a point that hand timed 40s are as good as useless. So are most 40 times to be honest.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:11 PM   #39
itvnetop
Playmaker

williams is worth trading up for... i'm sorry, but we are not going to have any clear cut number one receivers next year, so we may as well do whatever is necessary to start from square one at the position- and that's get the best prospect available at WR. don't let the gm's scare you off with his being away from football for a year. this guy stayed in shape and he got bigger.

david greene, the georgia qb, mentioned BMW as being the best wideout by far at the combine... something along the lines of "he's making catches you're not suppose to make."
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:24 PM   #40
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Ivne - I know you're a USC homer like SKINSnCANES is for his team. You also have to realize that BMW won't be able to totally abuse DBs like he did in college, they have players that can match up against him better. He also has a little problem with pushing off, which I see getting called a lot. That being said, he has amazing hands and good body control. He's not going to stretch the field, but I think he's our best option at WR.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:35 PM   #41
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
I think that we should trade down and pick up Mark Clayton, from what I saw of him in the drills he looks really good. I think that we would be able to add picks and still get a good WR out of the draft.

This is the WR I want with the Redskins next season...

At 5'11" 187lbs, Clayton lacks prototypical size for an NFL receiver, but he makes up for his lack of height with excellent leaping ability. He has good speed, can score from anywhere on the field, and is probably the best player at the wide receiver position in college football when it comes to his open field running and ability to get yards after the catch. He has sure hands, runs precise routes and does a good job of adjusting to the football when it is in the air. He has proven to be a great leader both on and off the field and has a tireless work ethic.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #42
e16bball
Special Teams

Yes except if we keep Coles and draft Clayton, then our top 3 WRs will all be in the same mold: small, fast, and somewhat worthless in the red zone. Williams would provide us that change-up. That is why he is such an awesome fit for the team.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:43 PM   #43
itvnetop
Playmaker

that being said daseal, you don't think the new 5 yard contact rule will help someone with williams' size and strength?

well, you got me pegged as being down for my school, but i'd like to think i don't fall in the homer category. i remember posting my opinion that aaron rodgers is a better pro prospect than matt leinart (before matt decided to stay in school). i'm not so high on BMW because i'm a passive armchair fan. i watched him play at the coliseum for two years. i'm able to say he has much more potential than keyshawn johnson (who people are comparing him to) because i saw keyshawn play his entire senior year- there's absolutely no comparison. While I pushed Udeze last year in the draft, I thought Chad Morton (another SC guy who i saw play on Saturdays) was grossly overrated by the Skins' scouts when he was signed a few years back.

you're right- he has to face much better competition in the NFL than college. but you've gotta apply that logic to everyone that's in the draft- not just Mike. but all we've got to go on right now is college production, current physical and mental shape, and future potential. and i'm layin' it down right now... mike may take some time to get things figured out- but if nothing abnormal gets in the way (freak injury), he's going to be a perennial all-pro.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #44
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

That's if we decide to pass more than 5 yards. I was upset to see that we didn't even take the CHANCE on getting the penalty (except when it was called on us).
Old 02-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #45
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by e16bball
Yes except if we keep Coles and draft Clayton, then our top 3 WRs will all be in the same mold: small, fast, and somewhat worthless in the red zone. Williams would provide us that change-up. That is why he is such an awesome fit for the team.
I understand what you are saying, but think of it this way, what if Coles leaves this year or next year? We need a playmaker to take over for him. I am not counting out Jacobs, but I think that we could trade down pick up Clayton and then maybe a DE all in the first round. Plus from what I saw of Clayton when he was running his drills at the combine was that he has great consintration, good hands, and very good speed.

I honestly dont think that we will be able to pick up Edwards or Williams with the Bears, Titans, and the Vikes all picking ahead of us. I understand that with the Bears signing Mushin(SP) they have a less of a need at WR but Mushin(SP) is 32 years old, which means that his years are limited in the NFL.

Another WR that I would like us to draft is Vincent Jackson out of Nothern Colarado. He has great size at 6'6" and 235lbs and pretty good speed at 4.53. But I think that he would be a late 2nd to maybe early 3rd. But talk about a possion reciever.