Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2023, 09:45 AM   #31
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Week to week league... We'll see... Not checked out but I don't feel there are any stakes for this season anymore... I'll watch our games, feel good if we win, don't care that much if we lose, this year was going to be a wash all along, we fooled ourselves into believing otherwise.

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2023, 09:55 AM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Week to week league... We'll see... Not checked out but I don't feel there are any stakes for this season anymore... I'll watch our games, feel good if we win, don't care that much if we lose, this year was going to be a wash all along, we fooled ourselves into believing otherwise.

When Snyder sold we all knew that this season was a win because of that alone. Last year at this time we were literally talking about how he would be around as long as we were and there was never going to be any hope. We meant that then and we should remember it now. The future, at the very least, has a chance to be bright. It is all we wanted.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 11:16 AM   #33
davy
Impact Rookie

It's ok guys, Ron has it figured out...

“I just think that first and foremost there was a good opportunity for us the last couple days to dive into several things, study some things, look at some things, evaluate what we do and how we do it, evaluate the way we're doing it," Rivera said. "And I think, going through it and in our conversations that we've come to some pretty good resolutions and some things that most certainly do need to be corrected, need to be fixed, and some things that we can do to help the players.”

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...#storylink=cpy

14-3 here we come
Old 10-10-2023, 11:17 AM   #34
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Although, I have as much confidence in this staff as I can beat up a silverback gorilla, I do think we win next Sunday. I have a feeling we'll blitz Ridder from the onset and rattle him a bit. I also think Jon Allen and Payne will come out possessed like maniacs.

I think we win by at least 10 points. I sense we're gonna play pissed off as a team and get the W. Then in typical Washington manner, we'll shit the bed the following week versus the Giants. That's a story for another day.
Oh no... I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

They should have played pissed off against the Bears after coming so close to beating the Eagles, but hey had no fire. The Bears made them look silly. I don't anticipate anything different this weekend, or this year, until they prove otherwise. They could honestly be 0-5 right now, and probably should be...

Last edited by Chief X_Phackter; 10-10-2023 at 07:33 PM.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 11:24 AM   #35
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post

“I just think that first and foremost there was a good opportunity for us the last couple days to dive into several things, study some things, look at some things, evaluate what we do and how we do it, evaluate the way we're doing it," Rivera said. "And I think, going through it and in our conversations that we've come to some pretty good resolutions and some things that most certainly do need to be corrected, need to be fixed, and some things that we can do to help the players.”

14-3 here we come

Sounds like Ron has spent a lot of time reflecting on "things" and "it"
Old 10-10-2023, 12:11 PM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Honestly sounds like he's checked out.

I respect him because he has credibility and respect around the league, but I'm ready to move on from him. Year 4 if you're not in playoff contention (and based on last week we're a loooong way from contention) you gotta go.

Swapping coaches in season does nothing, this isn't the NHL or another league. Firing him early just means admitting the mistake and wasting the rest of the season. I say ride it out and let him gracefully retire after the season. JDR can go too. EB is still too inexperienced as a playcaller to take the HC gig. Ride it out to another mediocre record this year and let the changes start in the offseason.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:40 PM   #37
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

He has always been a shitty interview but that was bad. He is no Jurgen Klopp. Goggle Jurgen Klopp funny quotes or interviews. I think we should do a reverse Ted Lasso and bring him over
Old 10-10-2023, 12:41 PM   #38
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Honestly, you could substitute "some things" with almost anything, as I was reading it my brain was inserting "lunch menu" and his statement makes perfect sense.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 12:44 PM   #39
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Honestly, you could substitute "some things" with almost anything, as I was reading it my brain was inserting "lunch menu" and his statement makes perfect sense.
"and some lunch menus that most certainly do need to be corrected"

Speak the facts Ron!
Old 10-10-2023, 04:52 PM   #40
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
"and some lunch menus that most certainly do need to be corrected"

Speak the facts Ron!
Spilled my coffee. This post sums up Ron's regime perfectly IMO. It's year 4 and it feels like he's about to talk to us about the military culture and how it takes time to change things etc...
Don't blame him though, he thought he was buying some time but in a way he set a deadline on himself, this is the time to deliver and he knows it, so he can't be talking about complete overhauls and shit. Lunch menu is about the level of things he can talk about fixing without losing face.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:01 PM   #41
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
He has always been a shitty interview but that was bad. He is no Jurgen Klopp. Goggle Jurgen Klopp funny quotes or interviews. I think we should do a reverse Ted Lasso and bring him over
That's hysterical. Maybe we should see what Jason Sudeikis is doing in the offseason.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:02 PM   #42
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
QUOTE=PorkSkins;1348431]Although, I have as much confidence in this staff as I can beat up a silverback gorilla, I do think we win next Sunday. I have a feeling we'll blitz Ridder from the onset and rattle him a bit. I also think Jon Allen and Payne will come out possessed like maniacs.

I think we win by at least 10 points. I sense we're gonna play pissed off as a team and get the W. Then in typical Washington manner, we'll shit the bed the following week versus the Giants. That's a story for another day.
Oh no... I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

They should have played pissed off against the Bears after coming so close to beating the Eagles, but hey had no fire. The Bears made them look silly. I don't anticipate anything different this weekend, or this year, until they prove otherwise. They could honestly be 0-5 right now, and probably should be...[/QUOTE]

"You've been hanging out with this guy too long." (Great movie reference, Chief.)
Old 10-10-2023, 06:05 PM   #43
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post

14-3 here we come

Year four and he is evaluating some things and diving into some things. Jesus Christ how has this guy been a HC for so many years? Magic needs to tell him that if he wants to finish the year instead of being fired midstream he needs to not talk to anyone about anything. Not even the players. Just act like it is always game time and stand with your arms folded trying to stay awake.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 07:03 PM   #44
AnonEmouse
The Starter

This seasons a win because Snyder is gone. Its all change in the offseason so ride it out. Etc.

I get these thoughts, I do. But I think we have a number of players that deserve better than wasting a year of their career playing for nothing but a salary. We're 2-3, and while I doubt we have a shot at the playoffs as it stands, especially with RR and JDR until week 18, it's not a lost cause yet. I'd sack them now to give the players a chance to deliver something with a new guy in charge, if not a whole new staff..
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:32 PM   #45
rocnrik
Playmaker

I have no idea how this team will play … I’m not wasting anymore time watching in real time .. I’ll spend my Sunday’s doing something else and watch the game later .. it would not surprise me if we won or lost .. Harris better start thinking about how he is gonna get this fan base back .. Ron ain’t gonna get it done
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote