Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-06-2023, 12:52 AM   #31
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Most disgusting game ever postgame fire everyone thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I really think the secondary would look better with better coaching. Hell! Maybe the LBs would be halfway serviceable with better coaching as well. This team, particularly, the defense isn't being coached up.

I'd forced Rivera to fire JDR tomorrow. If he doesn't, then I'd fire both tomorrow.

Oh trust me I blame coaching first and than personnel. You are right about the secondary. There is some talent there. Lombardi couldn’t make these linebackers better though. They are a comedy show.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2023, 12:56 AM   #32
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Fire Ron Rivera Now - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
You get your ass outta here 😅😅😅😅😅
He did though. He did all he could tonight to solidify the fact that he won't be here too much longer.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 12:59 AM   #33
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Da Bears!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 12:59 AM   #34
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

At the very least JDR has to go. We've got 40mil invested in 2 DL players, and a #2 overall pick in DE and another 1st round pick DL. All together we've got 4 first round picks on the DL and we can't get anything going.

Either it's one of these two things:

1) We have a ton of talent that isn't coached or schemed properly.

2) We have mediocre talent overall and poor pickers of talent.

Either way, somebody needs to go. How are we right at the salary cap, yet still a sub .500 team? That generally means you are overpaying people when you shouldn't or your team is under-performing greatly.

If your team that is even close to the cap, your team should be performing or at least being competitive.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 01:03 AM   #35
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yep, I'm right there with you. Through 5 games with all these high draft picks and each week you are allowing 30+ points...JDR has to be shown the door tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:19 AM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
That is losing your shit?

I put that in here, just to see what it would look like when you lost your shit...

I'm disappointed...

Sorry to disappoint lol. Outside of a good ole fashioned game thread i don’t lose my shit because I know Ron won’t be here next year. That writing has been on the wall a while. Honestly i can deal with this year because im happy snyder is gone. Competence and competitiveness are right around the corner. It will get cleaned up. I’ve waited almost 25 years thinking the day would never come. I will gladly wait one more knowing it will.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:21 AM   #37
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I want to see wholesale changes on defense in the next 10 days, starting with firing JDR before the weekend.

I want to see Jabril Cox, Jamin Davis, and Khaleke Hudson as the primary LBs in the next game.

It's easy to bench Forbes, but I didn't agree with that call. St Juste and Fuller looked just as bad or worse - and the safeties were no help tonight. Let Forbes stay in there and take his lumps - and maybe make a play.

Have to get more out of this D-line. A play here and there isn't good enough.

Lose 2 of the next 3 and it's time to start trading mother fuckers for whatever you can get before the trade deadline.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:30 AM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Most disgusting game ever postgame fire everyone thread.

Forbes was beyond bad tonight. I really liked the pick. Thought he was going to be a better tackler than advertised. Might take an L on that one. His penchant for going for the big play and whiffing will work itself out. He is just over pressing. He has to just cover his guy. The big plays will come but you can’t force them. It seems like the more he screws up the more he forces them. Like he is going to get a pick 6 and everyone is going to forget everything that happened so far.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:33 AM   #39
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Fuller did the exact same thing on that last TD, and St Juste got burned himself. They were all bad tonight...out of position too often. JDR has to go.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:47 AM   #40
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I wonder if Rivera actually said this....

https://twitter.com/thomloverro/stat...LnQ8SZ4Og&s=19
https://twitter.com/thomloverro/stat...52530498297988

He did, in early September.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:48 AM   #41
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Idk that anyone on defense had a good game. 4 years in and our D is letting every offense they come up against drop 30-40 a game? Fire JDR. We are wasting the so-called talent we have on this D.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:43 AM   #42
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Jack Del Rio and RR both need gone. I made the comment last week that you typically don't see veteran NFL head coaches suffering blowout losses, but that seems to be the case for RR. Two brutal blowouts from Buffalo and then the Bears.

I was never a fan of Ron Rivera's hire, I felt that he was mostly incompetent save for a few decent years in Carolina, along with his single super bowl appearance (Just like Jeff Fisher) He was sort of the "best of the worst" to come here under Dan Snyder. Now that Snyder is gone, it should be no problem attracting actual legitimate / competent coaching staff. We don't have to worry now about always hiring somebody who was fired, or some re-tread washed up head coach...
Old 10-06-2023, 07:51 AM   #43
rocnrik
Playmaker

Magic Is the ONLY reason I’m not jumping off this ship… I believe he will not let this continue.. I have very little faith in Harris .. He reminds me of someone with a lot of money and loves the attention and spotlight.
Magic is one of the greatest ever and understands the dynamics of teams ..Josh may end up being a good owner but first thing is let Magic do well ..His Magic!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 07:53 AM   #44
rocnrik
Playmaker

The junkies just said .. I don’t think Josh even cared .. he was too busy partying..BINGO !!! Laughing while HIS team was getting smoked on the biggest stage … WTF ??? I hope it was a good joke ..
My bet is NOTHING is gonna get done .. no firings .. no nothing !! Gonna wait till end of year and maybe reshuffle the deck ..Harris SHOULD make a statement today and Tell the fan base “ this performance was unacceptable and will not be tolerated .. we are looking into all options at this time “ .. that is what should happen!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 08:04 AM   #45
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The junkies just said .. I don’t think Josh even cared .. he was too busy partying..BINGO !!! Laughing while HIS team was getting smoked on the biggest stage … WTF ??? I hope it was a good joke ..
That is what pissed me off most of all last night.

You're playing on your phone, laughing and joking with your new "friends" while your team is being humiliated on national TV by a lousy football team.

One of his cronies even seemed to say "hey Josh your live on TV you might want to tone it down a little" but he still couldn't take that stupid grin off his face.

If there isn't a complete bloodbath at the end of the season I'm going to start referring to him as Fanboy No2.