Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Zombie Apocalypse: What's Your Plan?

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Zombie Apocalypse: What's Your Plan?

Obviously many of us are huge fans of The Walking Dead and tonight I was reading this thing on Reddit and it was just a very interesting question with a lot of interesting answers:

Being TOTALLY reactionary; suddenly the undead shows up at your door tonight, what do you do and where do you go?

I'd love to quote Max Brooks and act like I'd be totally prepared but the first thing I'm doing is grabbing the crowbar I store under the bed for burglars, a couple of knives from the butcher block, the water we store for power outages, and getting out of the house as discreetly as possible to a car.

Not knowing how widespread this would be, I'd probably have my phone on me and have forgotten my charger but I typically have one in the car. We'd head for the first gas station, fill up if possible and buy as much garbage food as the car would hold and head into the mountains where I could still get a signal.

I'd check the internet and radio to see the infection was widespread and if not, I'd go back to the house to load up on camping supplies and find a gun of some kind. Would head up into the mountains and basically just hold out until there's some other word.

Again, this is assuming NO previous knowledge of zombies from movies...

This is WAY out in left field, but I just thought this was an interesting discussion...