Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What do you do for a living?

Parking Lot

Old 12-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #31
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: What do you do for a living?

I work with young adults/adults, age 18-early 30's who have Autism Spectrum Disorder.

My program has 3 sections, a day program for non-verbal clients, and clients who have behaviors... A day program for clients who are verbal, but may still have behaviors... And a program (the one I work in), of clients who are basically fully functioning but still may have maladaptive social behaviors, which might look strange or weird to people who are neurotypical.

We work with these folks trying to integrate them into the working world, finding them job placements and also helping them be able to do things of daily living. (Dressing, cooking, shopping, money management, etc)

We use Applied Behavior Analysis to help them achieve their goals.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #32
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
I graduated for some college that you guys have never heard about and would never guess....heh and have spent the last four months doing a little bit, and a lot of nothing. I chill in my house, cook for my girlfriend and am preping my house to sell.

Im working on getting a career, preferably one that will pay for me to get my masters degree. But in the meantime I need any sort of job. So if any of you out there are hiring or know someone that is let me know.
Man how time flies... I spent so much time on this forum when it first started up and I was in college. Gibbs was coming back. Times were great back then because I played Madden all the time and we always won the off season

Ive had the same job for the last ten years working for the gov. They did pay for my masters and the part of my phd that ive done so I guess I did what I was hoping for back then.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #33
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I work with young adults/adults, age 18-early 30's who have Autism Spectrum Disorder.

My program has 3 sections, a day program for non-verbal clients, and clients who have behaviors... A day program for clients who are verbal, but may still have behaviors... And a program (the one I work in), of clients who are basically fully functioning but still may have maladaptive social behaviors, which might look strange or weird to people who are neurotypical.

We work with these folks trying to integrate them into the working world, finding them job placements and also helping them be able to do things of daily living. (Dressing, cooking, shopping, money management, etc)

We use Applied Behavior Analysis to help them achieve their goals.

The world needs more people like you ,thanks .
Old 12-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #34
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

10+ years is a long time. Hard to believe that I've been reading and posting on this board since then (and before when it was a Yahoo! Group).

May 2004 - I had just been let go from a job because I was gunning for an IT position that was ultimately given to the company's President's son. I had been working in HR doing benefits and payroll. Ended up in November 2004 getting a job doing web development and some systems admin.

December 2014 - Mobile App Developer, with some web development on the side. The group I work with on the mobile app I develop (https://incaseofcrisis.com) was just spun off into its own company from the company that hired me in November 2004.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #35
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Great thread bump.

I have been through so much in 10 years it's pretty amazing. I didn't hop on the board until January of 2006, so I'm not quite as long term as the rest of the folks on here (and I've been more in the shadows lately).

In 2004, I was a freshman in college playing football and lacrosse like a super sweet rad bro. My oh my how priorities can change. I even cut my long ass hair.

I ended up leaving school after one year because it was like a zillion dollars, and I didn't want to be head and shoulders in debt. 3 Schools, 3 majors and many years later- I came out with a B.A. in English and tended bar for a few years before I found a place working for a small I.T. manufacturers rep doing sales work.

Love my job, friends, family, - mainly because we commiserate on the Redskins. Think about this, Redskins record since 2004:

W L
6 10
10 6
5 11
9 7
8 8
4 12
6 10
5 11
10 6
3 13
3 10

69-104 OUCH
Old 12-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #36
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Man, crazy realizing this was ten years ago...

I had just finished my foray into graphic design only to find I hated the thing I went to school for. It was this cramped ass cubicle, working in a sweat shop. I remember looking at some Yahoo group and eventually Yahoo searching (that's right, Yahoo bitches) "Redskins Chat Forums". Eventually, I got here and the rest is history.

Met some lifelong friends. Gmanc and Daseal have come to visit on multiple occasions to watch the draft in good ol' Lexington and we've met for tailgating and a baseball game this summer. I need to get up to DC more often, :P.

Worked part-time as IT at Washington and Lee University, made it full-time and now am the IT Director at the Law School there. We're all so GD old!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #37
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

I've worked in manufacturing (a factory/factories I suppose) for 30+ years.
I am a quality engineer for a company that makes housing products.
Mostly decorative glass, screen doors, blinds and stuff.
Unfortunately we buy a lot of stuff from China so I spend half my day sending emails to China and the rest of the day measuring/evaluating and inspecting material.
I'm seven years from retirement and counting every minute.....
Old 12-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #38
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I've worked in manufacturing (a factory/factories I suppose) for 30+ years.
I am a quality engineer for a company that makes housing products.
Mostly decorative glass, screen doors, blinds and stuff.
Unfortunately we buy a lot of stuff from China so I spend half my day sending emails to China and the rest of the day measuring/evaluating and inspecting material.
I'm seven years from retirement and counting every minute.....

I've always wondered if peoples screen names fit their personality.
You in particular. I was young when Alvin played but I remember him as a wild and reckless player.
I wouldve guessed you were a bouncer or strip club DJ.

A few others based on their name:
Drave: Shot girl at a popular night club
Punch It In: Jersey Shore Guy who likes rough sex
Lotus: Masseuse at a rub and tug joint
Chico18023402830820348203: Southbeach bald cuban with a white ferrari. DALE!
Schneed: Sarah Jessica Parker. Not sure why but i hate both of them! Theyve done nothing to me... Sorry
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #39
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What do you do for a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

You in particular. I was young when Alvin played but I remember him as a wild and reckless player.

Schneed: Sarah Jessica Parker. Not sure why but i hate both of them! Theyve done nothing to me... Sorry

This literally made me LMAO.
Just for the record I do live on the Jersey Shore and (i think depending on your definition of it) i like rough sex. Well lets be honest...i like any sex I get these days (with my wife of course). However I really hope im not thought of as one of the Jersey Shore cast. I do not like boom boom club music or pretty much anything else guidos do!
Edit: but it beats being a masseuse at a rub and tug joint so ok....jersey shore guy is just fine. .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #40
mredskins
Gamebreaker

My job is so fucking unbelievable.
I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:
First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.
The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.
But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single fucking day.
Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single fucking day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.

LOL
Maybe you should change your name to fredskins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #42
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
lol thats some funny stuff. i was like "WTF does this dude do?" until i read the last line. descriptive, engaging and had a punch line. well done.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #43
mredskins
Gamebreaker

for the record i just copy pasted it. It is a long time running internet joke.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #44
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

LOL!

I don't have horseface though.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #45
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Man, only in my dreams, but im more a 57-58 BMW roadster than a ferrari guy type

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote