Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #31
#56fanatic
The Starter

Re: Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

IF this turns out to be true and Vick was there, and involved in the altercation then he will be indefinately suspended one, and two violating the rules of the propation will send him back to jail. No one at the party is cooperating right now, but they will get the answers they want. Vick was there, it was his 30th. Saying he wasn't there is just a flat out lie and everyone knows it. Fact remains, the guy is a total idiot. You were given a second chance to earn MILLIONS of dollars and still have a nice little 4 or 5 year career, then get out and take the 10 - 20 million you made over that span and enjoy your life. But he couldn't even last 1.5years without his true colors coming out. If its your 30th, you have millions of dollars why not have something are your multimillion dollar mansion?? silly stuff. then to have the people (your suppose to not even see or speak to) at the party. handing out fliers to your party?? really...how stupid. You are a star athlete (well, was a star) and you have to give out fliers to your party...kinda 3rd rate isn't it?
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #32
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

You've hit the nail on the head. Most assume Vick was not the shooter, and i believe he wasn't, but the fact is Vick was partying and hanging out with the very people he is forbid to have contact with, according to the rules of his probation...

That is goodell's issue. And it is dumb of him to say he wasnt there. It was his own b-day party...
Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #33
Mc2guy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
IF this turns out to be true and Vick was there, and involved in the altercation then he will be indefinately suspended one, and two violating the rules of the propation will send him back to jail. No one at the party is cooperating right now, but they will get the answers they want. Vick was there, it was his 30th. Saying he wasn't there is just a flat out lie and everyone knows it. Fact remains, the guy is a total idiot. You were given a second chance to earn MILLIONS of dollars and still have a nice little 4 or 5 year career, then get out and take the 10 - 20 million you made over that span and enjoy your life. But he couldn't even last 1.5years without his true colors coming out. If its your 30th, you have millions of dollars why not have something are your multimillion dollar mansion?? silly stuff. then to have the people (your suppose to not even see or speak to) at the party. handing out fliers to your party?? really...how stupid. You are a star athlete (well, was a star) and you have to give out fliers to your party...kinda 3rd rate isn't it?
I think Vick is a scumbag, but honestly, other than the associate/co-defendant being present at the party, has Vick done anything wrong?

First, he doesn't have a huge mansion, he is bankrupt and paying off his debtors with the majority of his NFL income. Second, someone threw him a party, but he was not the organizer if I understand correctly. How can he control who shows up? Third, the guy is on camera leaving the club 15 minutes before the fight broke out, so how, exactly, is the fight his fault? Granted, being at a club at all is not a smart thing to do if you are on probation, but this is not some thug haven, it is an upscale club in a very nice and (as mentioned) safe part of town.

Until more evidence surfaces that Vick knowingly invited or hung out with Phillips, or that he was directly involved with the altercation, anything said here is pure speculation. Bad karma for him? Maybe. But I am failing to see where he did anything intentionally in violation of his probation.
Mc2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc2guy View Post
I think Vick is a scumbag, but honestly, other than the associate/co-defendant being present at the party, has Vick done anything wrong?

First, he doesn't have a huge mansion, he is bankrupt and paying off his debtors with the majority of his NFL income. Second, someone threw him a party, but he was not the organizer if I understand correctly. How can he control who shows up? Third, the guy is on camera leaving the club 15 minutes before the fight broke out, so how, exactly, is the fight his fault? Granted, being at a club at all is not a smart thing to do if you are on probation, but this is not some thug haven, it is an upscale club in a very nice and (as mentioned) safe part of town.

Until more evidence surfaces that Vick knowingly invited or hung out with Phillips, or that he was directly involved with the altercation, anything said here is pure speculation. Bad karma for him? Maybe. But I am failing to see where he did anything intentionally in violation of his probation.
Yeah, this is how I basically see it. Really a wait and see if more develops from the situation.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #35
over the mountain
Playmaker

sounds like, except for throwing a big party at a club in the late night hours with alcohol in your old neighborhood where your past criminal associates are likely to pop up even though you have a court order to not associate with such people, vick didnt do anything wrong.

atleast he was smart enough to leave the scene before things popped off.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #36
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Regardless if Vick was directly involved, I think he'll be facing a suspension this season over this.

If Goodell is going to be consistent with his recent Roethlisberger punishment, that is.

So this will leave the Eagles with Kolb and Mike Kafka. After being so confident at QB that they could ship McNabb out...they'll be relying solely on Kolb, which is not a given.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
sounds like, except for throwing a big party at a club in the late night hours with alcohol in your old neighborhood where your past criminal associates are likely to pop up even though you have a court order to not associate with such people, vick didnt do anything wrong.

atleast he was smart enough to leave the scene before things popped off.
Maybe, but it doesn't sound like it was at his old hangouts, and it was his 30th birthday, and no dogs were harmed (that we know) and he has, by some accounts, worked to keep away from the environment that was related to his past. As for the associates, if they were invited in anyway then he was in the wrong, but if they got wind and showed up without his knowledge, I would have a hard time faulting him.

I am not really trying to defend him, as much as trying to say wait and see. If Goodell, or the feds, hit him, and they have proof, then that's fine and good by me. But maybe he just had a birthday party, left, and other idgits caused problems. I dunno.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #38
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
But maybe he just had a birthday party, left, and other idgits caused problems. I dunno.
You are the company that you keep. The Commish tends to agree with this also. Normal people do not shoot others at birthday parties.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #39
47FAN
Impact Rookie

vick is not very bright he should have stayed home. but being that he is from east end new port news i can understand why he just wont leave it alone. he grew up in a very bad spot so he knows no different. you would have thought he would have learned his lesson with the dogs but guess not.
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #40
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
You've hit the nail on the head. Most assume Vick was not the shooter, and i believe he wasn't, but the fact is Vick was partying and hanging out with the very people he is forbid to have contact with, according to the rules of his probation...

That is goodell's issue. And it is dumb of him to say he wasnt there. It was his own b-day party...
What if Vick and associate got into it because Vick didn't want him there. I highly doubt Vick would just totally disobey the NFL rules and want to go back to prison. From several reports they have Vick's Benz on tape leaving before the shooting occurred. Roddy White stated he was with Vick and they didn't know about the shooting until later. The whole thing about saying he wasn't there meant he wasn't there when the shooting happened not he wasn't there at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #41
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Apparently Phillips stuffed birthday cake in Vick's face...which I've always found is reason enough to get my trigger finger ready.

But anyway, definitely should take a wait and see approach here. Vick probably, as mentioned before, had little to no control over who was on that guest list anyway
Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #42
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Apparently Phillips stuffed birthday cake in Vick's face...which I've always found is reason enough to get my trigger finger ready.

But anyway, definitely should take a wait and see approach here. Vick probably, as mentioned before, had little to no control over who was on that guest list anyway
Well Smoot I can't say he didn't have any control over the guest list that's a lie. What usually happens when you throw a b-day party in a CLUB they give you a or the V.I.P. section. So the host has control over that section but not the whole club. So as long as you pay the cover charge anybody can get in the club. It's not like celebes don't advertise they're parties either. I went to D. Hall's b-day bash in ATL when he was a Falcon but i couldn't go his section tho but he ran radio ads for days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #43
MTK
\m/

Doesn't seem like Vick is guilty of anything except for having questionable judgement and being a moron, but what else is new? I'm sure the commish is gonna want to have a little sit down with him.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Regardless if Vick was directly involved, I think he'll be facing a suspension this season over this.

If Goodell is going to be consistent with his recent Roethlisberger punishment, that is.

So this will leave the Eagles with Kolb and Mike Kafka. After being so confident at QB that they could ship McNabb out...they'll be relying solely on Kolb, which is not a given.
If Kolb goes down and Vick is suspended then the Eagles front office is to blame. They should've known better to depend of a guy like Vick. I mean I've had b-day parties before and no one brings guns. I bet he gets suspended for not only hanging aroound Phillips but for also hanging around someone that brings a gun to a b-day party. What a dumb ass.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
Well Smoot I can't say he didn't have any control over the guest list that's a lie. What usually happens when you throw a b-day party in a CLUB they give you a or the V.I.P. section. So the host has control over that section but not the whole club. So as long as you pay the cover charge anybody can get in the club. It's not like celebes don't advertise they're parties either. I went to D. Hall's b-day bash in ATL when he was a Falcon but i couldn't go his section tho but he ran radio ads for days.
I'm not following you. Are you saying he had control over who got into his party, but not over who got into the club?