Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jones jabs at Snyder

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-12-2004, 09:57 PM   #31
skinsfan46
Camp Scrub

It sounds like all JJ can do is take pot shots at Danny Boy...I guess he's a little jealous.What do you think?
skinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2004, 06:12 AM   #32
Boy8
Camp Scrub

You guys are missing something here, the reason that Cowboys have just gone through some fairly poor seasons recently was mostly down to poor cap management in years past. Big contracts for the likes of Aikman and Sanders came back to haunt them.

With all Snyder's spending you've got to wonder if the Redskins aren't heading for exactly the same thing, and Snyder can't claim the success of Jones when his team had the money to spend. Jones has learned his lesson about spending with a credit card mentality and the Cowboys are definitely on an upswing. You've got to worry where Snyder is taking this team.
Boy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:05 AM   #33
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Arrow

the way i look at things is the salary cap is going to eventually bite back everybody on the a$$ eventually.you may as win while you can and worry about tommorow next week.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:40 AM   #34
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

In today's NFL you have to sell your soul for a super bowl. You pay a bunch of guys, hope you have the talent/coaching to win it, then regress back to that of an expansion team and try again. It's too hard to keep players nowdays.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:29 AM   #35
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
As I said, I'm sorry if I offended you.
No need to apologize. It was said with sarcasm, but sarcasm doesn't exactly translate to bytes sometimes.
I appreciate your posts to the fullest extent. We need some more well-versed posters, like yourself, on here.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #36
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyredskin63
the way i look at things is the salary cap is going to eventually bite back everybody on the a$$ eventually.you may as win while you can and worry about tommorow next week.
I agree. You can't worry about what might be. Who would want an owner that says "well I don't want to spend money on my team because who knows what might happen in a few years"? Besides, by 2006 when the "Redskins Apocalypse" is supposed to happen a lot can change. A new tv contract might significantly increase the salary cap for one thing. We've said it here before; When it comes to business Snyder is no idiot and he'll find a way to make things work
Old 03-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #37
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

The only way JJ will shut up is if we start beating them consistantly. I'm thinking that may start this year!!! We've definitely got two QB's that are both better than the two they have!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:29 AM   #38
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Thumbs up

with all that money he has,one would think jerry jones could buy a whole lot better face than the one he recently purchased.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
Old 03-15-2004, 12:43 PM   #39
crlesh
Special Teams

Hi all! Every time I hear Snyder mentioned by one of the big media outlets or ESPN personalities, I'm amused by the condescending tone they use to describe his off-season acquisitions. You can almost see the green envy oozing from their ears as they ridicule his big spending, wishing their favorite teams had made such a splash.

I think the Snyder-bashing has take on a life of its own, at this point. It's backlash, pure and simple. Jones took this same type of criticism down in Dallas in the early 90s. Once it becomes fashionable to badmouth an owner, he gets heaped on.

As for the viability of these long-term, back-loaded contracts, maybe the Skins will have to dump talent in 2-3 years to remain under the cap, but hopefully in that time, we've won a SuperBowl and the Skins will have a plan for the draft to keep the team competitive.

As a fan, I'm thankful to Snyder for making the off-season almost as much fun for Skins fans as the regular season.
crlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #40
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

As a fan, I wish that Danny Boy would make the actual NFL season more enjoyable than the off-season. So far in the reign of Danny I, that has hardly been the case.

I suspect that most of the participants here would trade playoff appearances and an Super Bowl appearance for the wonderful off-season signings that resulted in 5-11 last year. But maybe that's just me...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 PM   #41
crlesh
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
As a fan, I wish that Danny Boy would make the actual NFL season more enjoyable than the off-season. So far in the reign of Danny I, that has hardly been the case.

I suspect that most of the participants here would trade playoff appearances and an Super Bowl appearance for the wonderful off-season signings that resulted in 5-11 last year. But maybe that's just me...
You just like to moan. Who says that playoff/SuperBowls and 'wonderful off-season signings' rule each other out?
crlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:04 PM   #42
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

The thing that people have to keep in mind is that is trying to put a team together to keep for a few years. That was the plan last year, but a 5-11 season and the head coach quitting meant more change. So this year he's "at it again" putting together a Joe Gibbs type team.
Mark my words, when they have a winning season, make the play-offs, and have the same coaching staff, the offseason will be much less exciting....and that will be a good thing!!!
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:36 PM   #43
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

I agree. Although I love to see what new players we acquire I would like to see some kind of stablity and keep a the same team together-which will never happen in this day in age.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #44
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

crlesh:

I never said exciting off-seasons and playoffs/Super Bowls were mutually exclusive. Somehow you jumped to that conclusion all by yourself.

I said that so far in the reign of Danny I, the off-seasons have been exciting and the real seasons have been - how to say this so you won't be angry? - less exciting than most fans would have wanted them to be.

I certainly don't read the minds of all the other participants of The Warpath - and I promise you that they don't read mine either - so I merely suggested that most fans would prefer excitement in December and January over excitement in March and April. But I could be wrong. You may represent a large contingent of participants here who love the thrills provided in the Spring and will be happy to see an 8-8 record every couple of years as the pinnacle of success in the Winter.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:30 PM   #45
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

i would rather be celebrating the superbowl until training camp than talking about who the latest players who are going to take us to the superbowl are.i'm with you SC.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS