Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

It's time for Mr. Snyder to step down!

Thread Hell

Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #31
chrisl13
Special Teams

Re: It's time for Mr. Synder to step down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
we have sucked since 1992, not since Snyder bought the team. Did Snyder draft Desmond Howard, Heath Shuler and Michael Westbrook? Didnt think so
Well who did he draft?
Oh wait, he traded away all of our picks!

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2007, 11:27 PM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
Well who did he draft?
Oh wait, he traded away all of our picks!
Landry, Taylor, Cooley, Montgomery, Campbell, Blades, etc.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #33
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR
Impact Rookie

Re: It's time for Mr. Snyder to step down!

what im saying is danny needs to stay out of it. just write the checks. He has to face that he not the smartest guy in the room football wise. Have guys who done it for a living not fantasy football. offseason was better this year. But still only have 5 of our 7 picks next year. Who ever wasted that pick on Palmer last year should be fired. That pick could have been a Olinemen or DE in the draft. Who ever wanted to trade those picks for duckett should be fired. We have hit some in FA but mostly that been 50/50. Listen now team is perfect but where are especially far from it. Our oline is old. Washington started to break down the last two years. Smoot hurt so is Rogers. Griffith is pst 30 and has been hurt this is not a young team overall, in the places where we need to be young.Where the improvement from this team. Yes we are 5-4 but how good are we. We blown 14 games the last 3 and a half years. One playoff win since 2000. OUr division record alway bad, expect for 2005.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #34
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR
Impact Rookie

we have had the least amount of picks in the NFL since 99. You cant build a winner without any depth.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR View Post
what im saying is danny needs to stay out of it. just write the checks. He has to face that he not the smartest guy in the room football wise. Have guys who done it for a living not fantasy football. offseason was better this year. But still only have 5 of our 7 picks next year. Who ever wasted that pick on Palmer last year should be fired. That pick could have been a Olinemen or DE in the draft. Who ever wanted to trade those picks for duckett should be fired. We have hit some in FA but mostly that been 50/50. Listen now team is perfect but where are especially far from it. Our oline is old. Washington started to break down the last two years. Smoot hurt so is Rogers. Griffith is pst 30 and has been hurt this is not a young team overall, in the places where we need to be young.Where the improvement from this team. Yes we are 5-4 but how good are we. We blown 14 games the last 3 and a half years. One playoff win since 2000. OUr division record alway bad, expect for 2005.
I think all he does is write the checks. I mean we're going to go in circles about past moves so I'm not too concerned with debating that. I'm just curious what people mean when they say "We need a GM" and what I gather from you is that you mean the people who are currently serving that role need to be removed and replaced with a fresh new staff.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 AM   #36
chrisl4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
I'm no Dan Snyder apologist, but what has the guy done wrong since bringing Gibbs back? He has taken a back seat and financially granted Gibbs' every wish. He has financed the most highly paid coaching staff, hand picked by Gibbs. He has shelled out signing bonuses for numerous Gibbs acquisitions that have worked out great (Griffin, Springs, Washington, Portis, Fletcher, etc.). Snyder may have been a meddling presence prior to Gibbs, but what exactly do you see him doing now that is hurting the team??? Would you prefer that we had the Bidwills as owners? At least Snyder is trying to win and seemingly backing Gibbs' every request.

Well for starters he brought Gibbs back. Honestly and this may be me being the usual pessimist that i am, i believe he brought Gibbs back as a marketing stunt for this team. What better way to sell merchandise and fill the seats than to bring back the beloved coach. Nevermind hes old and haggard, the people love him, worship his every move. I moved off the Gibbs bandwagon when Gibbs moved to NASCAR. I was pissed he left and even more pissed we brought him back. I am not however pissed at Danny, Danny has done what every owner does (or tries to do), fill the seats. To be honest, thats all he cares about, which is fine, but we need to get other management in there who know how to construct a good team.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #37
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl4064 View Post
Well for starters he brought Gibbs back. Honestly and this may be me being the usual pessimist that i am, i believe he brought Gibbs back as a marketing stunt for this team. What better way to sell merchandise and fill the seats than to bring back the beloved coach. Nevermind hes old and haggard, the people love him, worship his every move. I moved off the Gibbs bandwagon when Gibbs moved to NASCAR. I was pissed he left and even more pissed we brought him back. I am not however pissed at Danny, Danny has done what every owner does (or tries to do), fill the seats. To be honest, thats all he cares about, which is fine, but we need to get other management in there who know how to construct a good team.
I don't understand the whole "I moved off the Gibbs bandwagon when Gibbs moved to NASCAR" argument, nor the "old and haggard"

I think it's unfair to make unsubstantiated assumptions like all Snyder cares is about is filling the seats.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:56 AM   #38
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think Snyder's biggest problem, and he's gotten much better at this I believe, is that he's a lifelong fan who remained a fan when he bought the team. That's a dangerous thing. Imagine how many times after a game you were so fired up you wanted to fire this guy, draft that guy, cut this guy, trade for that other guy. Now imagine you actually could. Unless you can step back and evaluate the situation you're bound to make mistakes. Fortunately for all of us, there is nothing we can do but step back. But that's not the case for Snyder.

I think this is why his tenure as owner got off to such a bad start, but I definitely see improvement.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #39
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Gibbs wouldn't come back to coach as part of a "marketing stunt". That's just so ridiculous it barely warrants a response. It makes me wonder if you really understand what goes into coaching a NFL team. The time committment alone is insane, there's no way someone does it half-hearted, unless your name is Spurrier of course.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #40
chrisl4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't understand the whole "I moved off the Gibbs bandwagon when Gibbs moved to NASCAR" argument, nor the "old and haggard"

I think it's unfair to make unsubstantiated assumptions like all Snyder cares is about is filling the seats.

Honestly i dont think that it is unfair to assume this. Snyder has done nothing for the fans. He has done nothing but raise the prices on everything, however this does not mean i want him to go. I just cant understand why a team that brings in such a high revenue from its fans continues to get beaten down year after year. I moved away from Gibbs when he went to NASCAR, yes, and ok maybe "bandwagon" was the wrong word to use, but i no longer viewed him as the coach of the Redskins, nor did i miss him. As far as "old and haggard" go, he IS old and "haggard" is just a word im throwing in there out of frustration, its not even really a word i dont think anyways.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #41
chrisl4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Gibbs wouldn't come back to coach as part of a "marketing stunt". That's just so ridiculous it barely warrants a response. It makes me wonder if you really understand what goes into coaching a NFL team. The time committment alone is insane, there's no way someone does it half-hearted, unless your name is Spurrier of course.
Ok, first of all, i never said Gibbs knew anything about a "marketing stunt". If you were Snyder though what better way to spark a downed franchise after a few years of owning it. Secondly, i do not know a whole lot about coaching an NFL team, in fact i know nothing about it. I'm not questioning Gibbs commitment to the team and the hours the coaching staff puts in. Im questioning Snyders motives at this point of bringing him back. My opinion, thats all.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #42
BrudLee
Playmaker

Is Snyder the best owner in Sports? No. I'll bet I can name name ten current owners that are worse before you can name ten that are better. I'll do you one better - I'll stay in the NFL, you can have the four major team sports.

Just to make it clear - I'm not on the payroll. I just look at Snyder and see a guy who continues to spend a ton of money to put the best possible product on the field. When his first ideas didn't work, he hired new people with new ideas. Then he hired the best coach in our team's history out of retirement. Then he was patient with him, all the while paying out large salaries without complaint while being vilified in the media and in his community.

So, no, I don't think it's time to run the owner out on a rail.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #43
paulskinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR View Post

In my opinion, the real problem with personnel decisions is that no one shoulders the responsibility. This whole drafting and selecting free agency by "committee" means that no one gets fired and nothing changes. Cerrato, Gibbs, Snyder, and Im sure others, sit down as a group and make decisions about personnell. When the shit hits the fan, there is no one to take responsibility, and there is no "captain" of the ship. We need a GM who is given the autonomy (nice huh?!) to make all personnel decisions, including selecting his own staff of scouters for new talent.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #44
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Ok, first of all, i never said Gibbs knew anything about a "marketing stunt". If you were Snyder though what better way to spark a downed franchise after a few years of owning it. Secondly, i do not know a whole lot about coaching an NFL team, in fact i know nothing about it. I'm not questioning Gibbs commitment to the team and the hours the coaching staff puts in. Im questioning Snyders motives at this point of bringing him back. My opinion, thats all.
Well I still think it's absurd. The ultimate money maker is winning football games, and with the way Snyder spends generously on salaries for the players and coaches I think his committment to bringing a winner back to D.C. is glaringly obvious and is much more than a marketing stunt. He hasn't always gone about things the right way, but he is learning.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #45
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
Everyone wants Coach Gibbs to step down, but don't seem to realize who's the most responsible for this mess of a franchise that we've had since 1999. I know Snyder is a genius at making money, but an idiot when it comes to building a winning pro football team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA...

Hey genius, an owner can't just "step down".