QB Prospects Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-19-2024, 02:06 PM   #1
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: QB Prospects Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
He's been playing big time college football for 5 years. Not sure what you're referring to with 1 season. I like the experience here a lot and the confidence factor. Yes his personnel was stacked, but he was the catalyst to say the least. His accuracy, fast decision making, and lightning quick release make this go. Nabers can thank Daniels bigtime next month when he gets drafted very high.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...daniels-1.html
Yes he has been playing 5 years, but didn't have a break out campaign until this year. 4 years very meh, but that experience can go a long way in year 5 especially with the personnel he had.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:34 AM   #2
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm on the Jayden Daniels bandwagon too. I think he will cement himself as our choice at his pro day. This young man is all about hard work and self improvement so I believe he'll show up weighing 200 pounds, run a 4.5 forty, make every throw in the NFL playbook and ace every interaction with the coaches and the Press. His ceiling as an NFL QB is sky high IMO.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 11:13 AM   #3
calia
Playmaker

The whole QB prediction thing is overdone - the reality is that every expert and pundit has his or her views about the strengths and weaknesses of each of the top candidates but no one can predict how they’ll fare at the next level. The draft is enough of a crapshoot and so much depends on what these guys do when they get to the NFL. The same QB guru coached Tom Brady and JaMarcus Russell and said that Russell had the better physical gifts by far. And we know how that turned out.

I trust Peters and co. to get it right and really hope they do. But I won’t think they’re frauds if they don’t. I do want them to have contingencies, as the 9ers did with Purdy, and I suspect that they will. And MM isn’t that contingency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2024, 04:22 PM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

At this point, you're either fine w/ his weight or not drafting him because of it. Don't think many minds will change one way or another between now and April 25th.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:19 PM   #5
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
At this point, you're either fine w/ his weight or not drafting him because of it. Don't think many minds will change one way or another between now and April 25th.
height wise his is prototypical at 6'4" . . . its his weight people are worried about.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:37 PM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:13 PM   #7
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Patrick Mahomes has proven winning Super Bowls now is about being a playmaker more than ever at qb. The man already has 3 rings at a pretty young age with a lot of different receiver combinations. Mahomes is the primary reason for their success because he makes plays. All 3 of his Super Bowls he came back from a double digit deficit when a legitimate argument could be made that the other teams (49ers, Eagles) were the better team. Mahomes made the plays though and won the SBs for his Chiefs.

Jayden Daniels and Caleb Williams are the best playmakers in this draft and have unique skillsets that win games. I'm not saying they're Mahomes, but they make plays. Daniels production in big boy SEC football was incredible in that rough conference. Yes he may get hurt but he really hasn't yet. Maye or any other of these qbs can get hurt also. Unfair to say he can get hurt because he's fast or not as heavy as other qbs.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:01 AM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Now we're hearing JJ MC may be the guy at 2! LOLOL I cant wait for next month
Old 03-19-2024, 06:51 PM   #9
rocnrik
Playmaker

tried to show hi lites of Maye and Daniels .. not sure why it's not working ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:10 AM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Really the only concern about Daniels is his weight. If his pocket presence is as good as his accuracy it's not a big deal. He will take hits, as long as he can avoid most of them we're good.

I'm leaning more towards Daniels than Maye - Maye looks good physically but everybody says Daniels is the better player. Take the guy who can play football.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:36 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Pretty crazy how tight lipped this front office is, we really have no idea which way they are leaning. Seems that more experts have us taking Maye, so because of that I'll say it will be Daniels. Either way I like the potential of both guys at #2 and won't hate it either way.
Old 03-20-2024, 03:36 PM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Pretty crazy how tight lipped this front office is, we really have no idea which way they are leaning. Seems that more experts have us taking Maye, so because of that I'll say it will be Daniels. Either way I like the potential of both guys at #2 and won't hate it either way.

Any chance it is because they don’t want NE to know who they prefer because they are thinking trade back one spot with the Pats, giving the Pats first choice?
If the Pats know we prefer Maye for example and the Pats prefer JD it would not make sense to move up one spot. But if the Pats prefer one or the other and want to make sure they get him than they might be willing to move into that second spot.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 08:40 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Really think the weight thing with Daniels is overblown. He definitely needs to add some bulk to his frame, shouldn't be hard for him to add 10-15 lbs of good weight in the next few years.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:41 AM   #14
simbosargos75
Special Teams

RG3 ptsd.

I love Daniels. I think he'll be very good in the NFL. I just worry about the hits he'll take.

Also, Staubach, Carmichael, Cunningham, etc were playing against 210# linebackers and 250# defensive lineman. Not really comparable.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 10:35 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
RG3 ptsd.

I love Daniels. I think he'll be very good in the NFL. I just worry about the hits he'll take.

Also, Staubach, Carmichael, Cunningham, etc were playing against 210# linebackers and 250# defensive lineman. Not really comparable.
RG3 was one of the worst open field runners to ever play in the NFL, no feel or vision. Just a straight line track guy who had no idea how to protect himself. Couldn't slide, wouldn't run out of bounds, not sure if it was ego or just stupidity.

I don't see Daniels in the same way.