Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Expected to Release Coles

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-21-2005, 12:26 AM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins Expected to Release Coles

Coles will immediately be one of the top available players available when he hits the market. If we shopped him I could see someone giving up at least a 2nd rounder. Why we're not going to shop him is beyond me, hopefully we'll be able to figure that out when the dust starts to settle on this.

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2005, 12:26 AM   #32
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
why wouldnt they atelast try and trade him. i bet the ravens would give up their first round pick for him, atelast a second and third.
We can't just trade him because of the cap hit. I was typing up what I think is a reasonable deal(above) when you posted and this the only way it could possibly work.

Also... no one is going to give us a good pick for him when the know he wants out and we're willing to release him and they'd have to give him someguranteed money. I mean maybe a 4th if we find someone desperate.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:28 AM   #33
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711
So heres my rant beccause I need to freaking vent......

I'm taking this online class, teach is a bitch, took me like four hours to write these essays; I have to be up to work at 6:30, want to go to bed early (as in 11). Finish the essays at like 11 30, just wanna take a click look at the path' to see whats up.... and I see this crap...... Its now 12:20, my laptop was running batteries, i just went to get the extention, broke a candle, got glass in my finger, am bleeding profusley from that, AND COLES ISNT GONNA BE A REDSKIN ANYMORE..... another freaking jersey goes to waste....... THANKS A LOT LC. I need stiches.....F*CK!
Damn man, now I feel bad for posting this story tonight. Should have waited until tomorrow so you could get some rest

Hope your finger is feeling better

So Gibbs is totally revamping this WR corps with Gardner, Coles, and McCants all likely gone.

This is just insane. I thougth the biggest news this weekend was going to be our new server.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:29 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
We can't just trade him because of the cap hit. I was typing up what I think is a reasonable deal(above) when you posted and this the only way it could possibly work.

Also... no one is going to give us a good pick for him when the know he wants out and we're willing to release him and they'd have to give him someguranteed money. I mean maybe a 4th if we find someone desperate.
Yeah that's true the cap implications of trading him would be tough, and most likely that's the reason why a trade isn't going to happen, not sure if there's any way around not taking the cap hit in a trade.

Damn this really stinks, I'm depressed
Old 02-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #35
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
This is just insane. I thougth the biggest news this weekend was going to be our new server.
Well it still has to compete with the avatars one, LOL
Old 02-21-2005, 12:31 AM   #36
MTK
\m/

Coles was one of my favorite WR's in Madden, guess he's gotta go now!
Old 02-21-2005, 12:31 AM   #37
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Jesus, we lost a top notch wideout and a first rounder for nothing!
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:31 AM   #38
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Plus we're about to lose Smoot for nothing.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:32 AM   #39
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Yeah that's true the cap implications of trading him would be tough, and most likely that's the reason why a trade isn't going to happen, not sure if there's any way around not taking the cap hit in a trade.

Damn this really stinks, I'm depressed
We take no cap hit if he gives back all his SB remaining in the deal..
Old 02-21-2005, 12:32 AM   #40
Redskins8588
Playmaker

I agree, why dont the redskins say F--- you, to Coles and trade his ass!!! why give him the oppertunity to go where he wants. That way we can be sure that he wont go to dallas, new york giants, or the eagles, but no, we let him pick where he wants to play, Fu*k THAT!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 12:32 AM   #41
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I see the Cowboys getting interested in both Smoot and Coles.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:33 AM   #42
jdlea
Playmaker

WTF?!

I don't like the fact that he's going to be gone, but you all are being a little hypocritical. I'm sorry to say, but if Coles doesn't like the system, I think he should be able to leave. A franchise can cut a guy if he doesn't fit its system, why shouldn't a player be able to leave if he doesn't like the system. To be clear, I am speaking in general, I, in no way, want to see Laveraneus Coles leave the Skins. I love the guy. However, how can everybody get on a soapbox about loyalty from the players when organizations treat it like its a 4 letter word. No organization is loyal to its players anymore, especially not this one. I am a Redskins fan, but I have to say, this team may be reaping what it has sewn for the last few years. I love Coles, I love the Skins. This is a sad day. I'm shocked.

What's unfortunate about all this is the fact that Gibbs is caught in the middle of it. If Spurrier were the coach, I probably wouldn't mind that much, however, if Spurrier were the coach Coles would probably wanna stay. Now what do we do with Gardner? Is he still gone? The passing game is in bad shape.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:34 AM   #43
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I see the Cowboys getting interested in both Smoot and Coles.
That is close to enough of a reason to start shootng up a 7-11.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:34 AM   #44
Shane
Special Teams

With all due respect to Laveranues Coles, this is great news to me. Coles was miserable and that has a very destructive effect on the atmosphere of the team. Give him credit for not going public – but the players all knew, the coaches – everyone.

We need “all for one and one for all” players on our team. That is what makes for a great team.

In addition, Coles may never get back to his pre injury form and if not, ability wise he is just getting too high a paycheck.

We have an excellent player in Taylor Jacobs who just needs room to blossom, and we may well have Mike Williams on our roster soon.

Gibbs made a typical super classy move in agreeing to release him outright. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is good also in that in generates the respect of players, and potential free agents.

Speaking of free agents, I hope we get a player like Andre Davis. I hope we pass on those big names – unless the staff really comes to believe they would add a tremendous amount to the ballclub.

A potential lineup could include:

Taylor Jacobs
Mike Williams
Andre Davis
James Thrash

We probably need another free agent, but that is a good group right there in my view.

As far as being unhappy with the offense – those are just comments to be ignored. We are building something special here, and our offense is going to be super. Coles just doesn’t fit in with the kind of team we are building. I wish him well and hope he finds a team that is going to highlight him, and I hope he recovers from his injury soon. We will have an excellent receiving corps without him.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:35 AM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Well it still has to compete with the avatars one, LOL
LOL...all the playmakers are going to be complaining now because Coles is the playmakers avatar