NFC Title Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #31
44deisel44
Special Teams

Re: NFC Title Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA
For the past two weeks they have faced banged up Running backs. Portis should have admitted he was hurt so that Cartwright and Betts could have carried more of the load. In two weeks they will face a running and passing game that stredded Denver's defense. The difference is the number of offensive weapons the Steelers have. Rothlisberger, Ward, Randle-El, Wilson, Miller, Parker and the Bus. Just too many weapons. I'm not going to mention the defense because they just do what they want to you.
Carolina looked excausted.(as they should be) Shame they have to swallow a game like this, much like the skins) if they had any offense today may have been diff. I agree SUN, the Seahawks will get blown out to a superior and rested Steeler team.

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2006, 09:45 PM   #32
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

Wow, this game makes me feel like we were closer to the SB then I thought. Our D was crushing the hawks and if our offense could have mustered any points we would have a serious shot at making it in. Oh well, next year.
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:47 PM   #33
SUNRA
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4Life28
Alexander is a damn good running back. You can say whatever you want about him, but over the last few years it has been him and LT. Seattle is a good team. Best in the NFC hands down. There proving everyone wrong saying that they are undearrated, blah blah blah. The key factor for this team is not Alexander cause you know he is gonna get his carries, but M. Hasselbeck. He has been brilliant in the playoffs and should make for an interesting SB. But all this crap about Alexander being weak and what not is insane. You don't score 28 times and not be good.
Hasselbeck has definitely arrived. Unfortunately, he will be facing a team unlike any team he has faced before. A quarterback who has made leaps and bounds in one year and is ready to claim the 5th Superbowl victory.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:51 PM   #34
wheeler
Special Teams

Smile Re: NFC Title Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44deisel44
Carolina looked excausted.(as they should be) Shame they have to swallow a game like this, much like the skins) if they had any offense today may have been diff. I agree SUN, the Seahawks will get blown out to a superior and rested Steeler team.
sea hawk's will win 1 for the n.f.c......
Old 01-22-2006, 09:55 PM   #35
itvnetop
Playmaker

wow... this totally surprised me... and it gives me great confidence about our own future...
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #36
SUNRA
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
wow... this totally surprised me... and it gives me great confidence about our own future...

We were two receivers away from getting to the NFC Championship. What I realized I'll team would have faced the same dilemma Carolina faced with only one offensive deep threat. The Steelers have at least four. That's the first move our staff will make to bolster our passing game.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:01 PM   #37
Warpath
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler
sea hawk's will win 1 for the n.f.c......
Have to disagree, the Steelers will blitz blitz blitz the seahawks. they (steelers) will confuse Hasselbecks offense who wont gain more than 200 total yards. Steelers will win 28-10.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #38
wheeler
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagonskins
Wow, this game makes me feel like we were closer to the SB then I thought. Our D was crushing the hawks and if our offense could have mustered any points we would have a serious shot at making it in. Oh well, next year.
just shows how close we came ,losing to the super bowl champs:yeahright ( i'm taking hasselback alexander,and that offensive line.).N.F.C. is back. the hawk's D looked great too,you gotta give ''em prop's......
Old 01-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #39
wheeler
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA
. They would easily man-handle either of these teams.
the steelers are not gonna man-handle the seahawks . the team is well coached and the core of this veteran team has been around for awhile.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #40
MTK
\m/

You've gotta give Seattle their due. They stopped a red hot Panthers team dead in their tracks.

Before the Skins-Seahawks game I thought Seattle was soft and overrated, now I'm convinced they are a worthy representative of the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Should be an interesting game, both teams love to run, and both teams have strong defenses that can get after the QB and stuff the run.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #41
44deisel44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler
just shows how close we came ,losing to the super bowl champs:yeahright ( i'm taking hasselback alexander,and that offensive line.).N.F.C. is back. the hawk's D looked great too,you gotta give ''em prop's......
Do you just stomp your hands on the keyboard when you post?...
Old 01-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #42
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Wow! Seattle definately deserves to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. They are one tough team. Their offense looks amazing and I think everyone underestimated just how good their defense is.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote