Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Orakpo and Carriker Done for Season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Orakpo and Carriker Done for Season

So...where do we look to fill the two open roster spots? Actually, I think there should be three spots open i.e. Banks has no place on an NFL roster.

Given Garcon's lagging injury and questionable recovery, Morgan not cutting it as a starter, and Robinson struggling to catch the long ball, I would definitely bring in a WR at this point. Plaxico would immediately be our best endzone target.

On defense, really nobody can replace Rak, but we probably need to bolster the roster with depth...?

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
ugh, losing Rak is gonna hurt.
I honestly dont think the drop off between orakpo and jackson/wilson is THAT big. Same with Carriker and Jenkins. What concerns me is the drop off between Jenkins, Jackson, Wilson, and the guys behind THEM. Instead of rotating 2nd stringers in hte starting lineup throughout the game, we're going to be rotating guys that probably shouldnt even be a gameday roster.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Game over. End of playoff hopes.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #34
Schneed10
A Dude

Dammit. Orakpo and the training staff really need to refocus on flexibility. Two muscle tears in two seasons. I get it, strength is important for football players, but doesn't help much if the muscles aren't flexible enough to prevent tearing.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #35
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
So...where do we look to fill the two open roster spots? Actually, I think there should be three spots open i.e. Banks has no place on an NFL roster.

Given Garcon's lagging injury and questionable recovery, Morgan not cutting it as a starter, and Robinson struggling to catch the long ball, I would definitely bring in a WR at this point. Plaxico would immediately be our best endzone target.

On defense, really nobody can replace Rak, but we probably need to bolster the roster with depth...?
How on earth are you questioning Morgan and Robinson. Both are VERY good wide receivers. WR is one place where we dont need to add anyone. Its easily our deepest, most talented position group.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #36
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
as i mentioned in a previous thread, RAK is starting to look like just another guy thats got talent but cant stay healthy. SUCKS
he's only missed 1 game prior to this injury. i think we've seen the best he has to offer. we know what to expect from him: roughly 10 sacks / 50-60 tackles / a few forced fumbles / and a few passes defensed - per season
Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Good teams have depth. In year 3 of the Shannahan era I dont think the skins have the depth they need to weather these storms. I am hoping for big things from Jenkins, Rak is a huge loss.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
he's only missed 1 game prior to this injury. i think we've seen the best he has to offer. we know what to expect from him: roughly 10 sacks / 50-60 tackles / a few forced fumbles / and a few passes defensed - per season
Pro Bowl caliber play, basically.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #39
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Crap in a basket....
Old 09-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #40
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Problem is Carter isn't a 3-4 LB, been down that road already with him.
We've been down that road, but it wasnt that bad. He wasnt ideal, but he was certainly serviceable. And he left on good terms. I'd rather bring him in than some other random veteran free agent. We'll probably just upgrade someone from the practice squad.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #41
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Game over. End of playoff hopes.
Someone needs to talk you in off of the ledge.

Way too early for that talk. Its week 2, there are only 2 teams in the NFC that are 2-0 and only 1 team that is 0-2. That means there are 13 teams in the conference that are 1-1......Redskins are tied for second in the NFC.

A lot, and I mean A LOT can happen before December. Theres way too much football left to start waving white flags.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #42
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

LOL!

"Orakpo and Carriker are out for the season!"

"I've got the perfect solution, let's bring in some more wide receivers! Brilliant!"
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #43
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
it's unfortunate but it's not like either of them were game-changers. orakpo is not demarcus ware, jenkins has the tools to account for carriker's absence.

we're not doomed, it's an opportunity for a antonio pierce or ryan clark to emerge
I agree with this. I've always thought that Orakpo was vastly overrated. Wasn't a good run stopper, too easily taken out of the game due to his inability to learn other moves. I think Carriker is a bigger loss than Orakpo truthfully. It's time for the next guys in line to shine. Step up or step off. Really that simple.

The only thing I fear is that our defensive pressure just took a big hit. Hope Haslett adjusts.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #44
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
We've been down that road, but it wasnt that bad. He wasnt ideal, but he was certainly serviceable. And he left on good terms. I'd rather bring him in than some other random veteran free agent. We'll probably just upgrade someone from the practice squad.
He's lost when it comes to playing in space. He's strictly a hand in the dirt type of 4-3 DE.

I'd rather stick with what we've got.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #45
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Wait a minute! So with the new IR rules, isn't it possible that if Orakpo is able to comeback even if we put him on IR? You guys think he has any chance of coming back this year if so?