Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskin @ Rams: Break it down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
warriorzpath

Re: Redskin @ Rams: Break it down

Redskins D still needs to work on and watch out for the medium to deep passes down the middle. Especially with the tight ends and running backs who may create mismatches with the linebackers. Sam Bradford is bigger and may be more accurate than drew brees (moreso down the stretch), which lets him have a greater range of vision and his accuracy will allow more control preventing the ball from sailing on him.

But if the redskins front 7 plays like it did against the saints, then this reduces the rams effectiveness in the areas that I just listed. Also Gomes hopefully steps up and plays well again - which should be the case if the front 7 plays well again.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
My concern is with our offense on their defense. With Chris Long et al, they theoretically could abuse our o-line.
Going the other way, our defensive front 7 should have a field day.
Yup, its a realistic concern. Where have our turnovers occured? When there is pressure in our backfield with Griffin losing the ball scrambling and fumbled handoff. The mistakes will come with a young team, just need to limit the opporunity with good Oline play. Our Oline played well in pass protection, iffy on run blocking.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
warriorzpath

For the redskins offense, they need to do more of the same that they did against New Orleans - mixing it up a little differently of course. The first possession might be a bit of feeling out because the rams may be prepared and doing things that the Shanahans need to adjust to. But hopefully the Shanahans come out yet another wrinkle of the offense that no ones seen before.

They need to also find Finnegan on every play because he likes to be aggressive and can be disruptive at times. Maybe on the screens, Trent Williams can focus on Finnegan to wear him down so he'll be less aggressive.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #34
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

To me, this is the real test of the Redskins. We beat the Saints, turned a blowout into a nailbiter, etc. However, New Orleans is a strong offensive team. St. Louis is the type of team we SHOULD beat -- I want to see us beat them handily. I don't want to be on the edge of my seat for the last 2 minutes. We need to learn to handle our business against lesser teams and stop playing down to them. If we can do that, I will buy that this is a new Redskins team.

I think their D gives us some issues, and Jackson normally has a good day against us. Stop Jackson, hit bradford, safe plays on offense to keep the ball moving.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #35
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
To me, this is the real test of the Redskins. We beat the Saints, turned a blowout into a nailbiter, etc. However, New Orleans is a strong offensive team. St. Louis is the type of team we SHOULD beat -- I want to see us beat them handily. I don't want to be on the edge of my seat for the last 2 minutes. We need to learn to handle our business against lesser teams and stop playing down to them. If we can do that, I will buy that this is a new Redskins team.

I think their D gives us some issues, and Jackson normally has a good day against us. Stop Jackson, hit bradford, safe plays on offense to keep the ball moving.
Hopefully we won't play down and hopefully Kyle will realize to put the dagger in while we can. Almost a minute left at the end of the 2nd quarter and we kneel on the ball? I remember there was a series towards the end of the 4th where we just ran the ball 3 times and punted it away. I was like, really? We weren't up by so much that run, run, run, punt seemed like a viable option. I'm not saying we need to throw in situations where we obviously don't, but at least keep the other team guessing, don't just roll over and have the defense try to win the games for you. We know how well that's worked out in the past.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #36
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Hopefully we won't play down and hopefully Kyle will realize to put the dagger in while we can. Almost a minute left at the end of the 2nd quarter and we kneel on the ball? I remember there was a series towards the end of the 4th where we just ran the ball 3 times and punted it away. I was like, really? We weren't up by so much that run, run, run, punt seemed like a viable option. I'm not saying we need to throw in situations where we obviously don't, but at least keep the other team guessing, don't just roll over and have the defense try to win the games for you. We know how well that's worked out in the past.
Yeah. We don't finish well. We've been moving the ball great, don't change anything. Giving a hot offense multiple chances to catch up, in my opinion, is a poor move. You may not take time off the clock with an incomplete, but those short passes could have kept their defense honest.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #37
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Scott Wells their starting Center is on IR (designated to return though but that doesn't matter for this game)

Roger Saffold their LT is hurt with a neck problem, but says that he will play.

I'm calling it now. Cortland Finnegan will get into a fight with probably Pierre (second choice Morgan)

St. Louis has Steven Jackson, and sam bradford. They're more competitive, but our offense should put up some big points on them.

Their LBs are improved though with Dunbar, Laurinatis, and other guy (Edit: Ohh Good ole Rocky McIntosh!).

Chris Long is their best DL by far.
Santana would be the obvious choice for a fight.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #38
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
There's going to be a fight?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #39
Monkeydad
Living Legend

According to CultBrennan59.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #40
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
that's if finnegan has shame. if he's shameless, you know banks is his target.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #41
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Banks got stabbed in the chest and is back...Finnegan's fists are nothing to him.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #42
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Banks got stabbed in the chest and is back...Finnegan's fists are nothing to him.
reminded me of playing against northwood from baltimore in pop warner. field had broken glass/trash/dirt, they'd grab a handful and toss it into your face at the snap.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #43
County
Camp Scrub

Hi all

My very 1st post on the forum

IMO the form of Bradford for the Rams will determine the tempo at which they play. He had a good rookie year but then tailed of last and in Week 1 he looked half decent again.

OT: I am planning to come over from England to watch the 'skins against Baltimore at FedEx and need some help However i need more posts to open a thread....

HTTR!
County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #44
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by County View Post
Hi all

My very 1st post on the forum

IMO the form of Bradford for the Rams will determine the tempo at which they play. He had a good rookie year but then tailed of last and in Week 1 he looked half decent again.

OT: I am planning to come over from England to watch the 'skins against Baltimore at FedEx and need some help However i need more posts to open a thread....

HTTR!
welcome to the warpath, hail
Old 09-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #45
warriorzpath

I think we have to be careful with high expectations. The lions have a strong team and the rams almost beat them.Remember: the lions have stafford and Calvin Johnson on offense and a strong defensive line. Stafford needed a last minute td to win that game. I'd be happy if the redskins just win the game with RGIII looking good.