What's Cole's Problem?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #31
Funbunchfan
Camp Scrub

Re: What's Cole's Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
SUPPOSE fir just a moment that Coles really believes that he has been hosed by management. He - and his agent - left a session with the FO and thought they had a deal where he would be released and then "things changed". He thinks that they "reneged" on the deal that was struck. SUPPOSE that is what he thinks.

Now, just how cooperative would you expect him to be under those circumstances? The correct answer is NOT AT ALL !!

Why would I think that is even possibly the case? Hmmm... Lavar Arrington and his agent thought they had one deal and all of a sudden they had a different deal. Steve Spurrier thought he would be working with an experienced NFL GM here but suddenly it turned out to be the Vinny and Danny show. Maybe Joe Crisp can explain to all of us the sudden and sort-of mysterious circumstances under which the former Skins' director of PR left the team last summer...

I don't KNOW - and neither does anyone else here KNOW - what transpired among Coles and his agent and Gibbs and Snyder in all of this, but if Coles and his agent even begin to believe that the Redskins are trying to double cross them on a deal they struck, then I'm not at all surprised to see how he is behaving. And if it continues on, don't expect him to do anything more than show up when he has to show up in order to collect his $5M roster bonus. And come training camp, I'm thinking there will be a recurrence of the toe injury early on...
That is a valid point but the flip side is L.C. signed a contract and now wants out so who reneged first. L.C. is who so now he wants his cake and eat it too. It looks as though the laugh will be on him and he will still be a redskin next year.
Funbunchfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2005, 11:21 PM   #32
That Guy
Living Legend

IR requires the player and the teams union rep to sign off on it i think... you can't just punish people by shoving them on IR anymore...

he's still a good WR, he's just proven himself to be a mental fucktard... taylor has some off field issues too... once the season starts, if coles is out there catching passes all will be forgiven... at least until the next episode.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:27 PM   #33
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
SUPPOSE fir just a moment that Coles really believes that he has been hosed by management. He - and his agent - left a session with the FO and thought they had a deal where he would be released and then "things changed". He thinks that they "reneged" on the deal that was struck. SUPPOSE that is what he thinks.

Now, just how cooperative would you expect him to be under those circumstances? The correct answer is NOT AT ALL !!

Why would I think that is even possibly the case? Hmmm... Lavar Arrington and his agent thought they had one deal and all of a sudden they had a different deal. Steve Spurrier thought he would be working with an experienced NFL GM here but suddenly it turned out to be the Vinny and Danny show. Maybe Joe Crisp can explain to all of us the sudden and sort-of mysterious circumstances under which the former Skins' director of PR left the team last summer...

I don't KNOW - and neither does anyone else here KNOW - what transpired among Coles and his agent and Gibbs and Snyder in all of this, but if Coles and his agent even begin to believe that the Redskins are trying to double cross them on a deal they struck, then I'm not at all surprised to see how he is behaving. And if it continues on, don't expect him to do anything more than show up when he has to show up in order to collect his $5M roster bonus. And come training camp, I'm thinking there will be a recurrence of the toe injury early on...
And he faults the Skins for trying to get something in return for what he cost the team to bring here both draft pick wise and in salary? He didn't like the way things went last year and now wants money he doesn't deserve from us plus more money from his next team? I say tough sh*!. He signed a legally binding contract and I'm pretty sure there's no hidden text in the contract saying he can quit the team when he doesn't like how the offense is playing. I had mad respect for what he left on the field game in and game out as a Redskin, but I have lost all said respect for him as a man after him acting like a little punk cuz he's not getting enough of the types of passes he likes. Every single person, fans, players, coaches, and owners, associated with the Redskins is frustrated right now but I don't see any other key components of the team wanting to take their ball and go home. I can understand a hard working underpaid player wanting a pay raise when their contract doesn't meet the levels of the production the player brings to a team, but this sure as hell ain't one of those times.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #34
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P
Could it be that Coles wants to go to Dallas to reunite with the coach that drafted him? Just a thought.......

Doesnt that sound like Jerry Jones......I can hear it now.......screw the Redskins out of cap room......get released and come to papa (Parcells).............

I thought Coles was one of the FEW quality free agents that we signed, he played hurt, tried hard.......and now it's all about the $$$$$$ :smashfrea