Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

college football 2009 thread

Other Sports

Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: college football 2009 thread

suh sure is he came out with a vengance to start this second half, nebraskas d looks amazing tonight if their o could just get more than one first down on a drive maybe they could put up some points

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Big C
Mr. Brightside

im sorry but texas has been overrated all year. i havent been impressed with them at all this year, they have snuck by many times. colt is worse this year than last for sure. that being said texas will win this game. sucks, because tcu would be the best matchup for alabama in the national championship imo.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
mlmdub130
Playmaker

texas hasn't been that bad this year, although i agree colt was much better last year but hew had a great game last week.

as far as bama goes as much as it pains me to say it i don't think texas tcu cincy or the stupid ass smurfs from bosie could beat em

ST21
Old 12-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
texas hasn't been that bad this year, although i agree colt was much better last year but hew had a great game last week.

as far as bama goes as much as it pains me to say it i don't think texas tcu cincy or the stupid ass smurfs from bosie could beat em
alabama are definitely beatable, if it werent for cody blocking 2 fgs they would have lost to tennessee, auburn almost had them, etc. but this victory over florida is a huge statement. they are undoubtedly the best team right now. i just feel that tcu would give them the toughest game based on how strong of a defense tcu has.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
InsaneBoost
The Starter

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Spiller is putting on a show tonight
Old 12-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
mlmdub130
Playmaker

yeah it;s hard to decide between games right now, nebraska is about to upset texas

ST21
Old 12-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
mlmdub130
Playmaker

holy shit by far the craziest ending of the day today theres gonna be some controversy about the texas win

ST21
Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Dwyer's been beast as well
Old 12-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Big C
Mr. Brightside

what an end to that texas game. real shame that they will most likely be in the natty championship game. really pathetic game from them today. today rules tebow and mccoy out of the heisman race imo, both were poor today, especially mccoy. gotta say texas doesnt deserve to be in the national title game with these last 2 showings when you have several other undefeated teams out there.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
what an end to that texas game. real shame that they will most likely be in the natty championship game. really pathetic game from them today. today rules tebow and mccoy out of the heisman race imo, both were poor today, especially mccoy. gotta say texas doesnt deserve to be in the national title game with these last 2 showings when you have several other undefeated teams out there.
to their credit texas is a pretty good team, and they are unbeaten too, with a lot harder schedule. i would rather see bama v texas, and tcu v cicny, cause they will be better games anyway.

boise st should not be aloud in a bcs bowl game until they change the color of their stupid ass feild, i can't stand to watch a game on that dumb ass feild

ST21
Old 12-05-2009, 11:49 PM   #12
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
to their credit texas is a pretty good team, and they are unbeaten too, with a lot harder schedule. i would rather see bama v texas, and tcu v cicny, cause they will be better games anyway.

boise st should not be aloud in a bcs bowl game until they change the color of their stupid ass feild, i can't stand to watch a game on that dumb ass feild
texas' schedule a lot harder? this is one of the worst years for the big 12, they were a great conference last year but oklahoma sucked this year, ok state was overrated, texas tech very average, all of the big 12 north besides nebraska were average to poor. texas had a rather easy schedule to be honest. they are solely going to the national championship due to where they started the season. as ive said before, tcu would give bama the best game, cinci's defense is terrible, and boise has no shot at making the game. just saying that imo texas doesnt deserve it with their performances this season.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
Big C
Mr. Brightside

and georgia tech wins over clemson. gotta say i dont like either team, im a hokie, but it would really be a disgrace if an unranked team won a bcs conference. clemson's side of the acc had no ranked teams, our side had 3. pretty lopsided this year. congrats to GT.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #14
mlmdub130
Playmaker

while the ig 12 is at it's worst it's still a tough division imo, and i still thin texas give bama the best gane if you walk to talk about easy schedules take a look at byu they barely be clemson and only played byu and utah as other ranked teams

ST21
Old 12-06-2009, 02:10 AM   #15
GMScud
Swearinger

You know, watching the SEC Championship game highlights right now- I really didn't like Florida coming out in all white with those new helmets. Orange helmets, blue jerseys. That's when we roll. Not like it woulda mattered today, but still. Really didn't dig the all white.