Making the Switch from Cable to just Internet

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Making the Switch from Cable to just Internet

Need some help.....

Im getting rid of Fios (Glenn beck is going off the air so whats the point) and im gonna do the full blown just internet thing starting June 1st. Anyone one have Apple tv? Google tv? This thing:

Amazon.com: Western Digital..."><font color=Amazon.com: Western Digital..." /> Amazon.com: Western Digital...">Amazon.com: Western Digital...
Or something else that integrates all the free and pay stuff out there, with local hd channels, movies, internet stuff and more? Mind sharing your set up with me?

I only have a laptop at home (my roommate also has apple laptop, im a pc) and i would prefer that i dont have to use either, so i want something thats stand alone. I do want the ability to bluetooth or somehow else send something stuff from either of our laptops to the tv if easy/possible.

Also just got off the phone with verizon here are the upload download speeds available:

upload/download:

5/15
25/25
35/35

I signed up for the cheapest (slowest) upload/download option since its just a phone call to change. Is 5/15 fast enough for hdtv through netflix, hula, ect?