Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #31
celts32
Playmaker

Re: What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be?

Doesn't the word legacy involve being remembered for something in future generations? Unless I am defining the word wrong then I don't think he has a legacy as a Redskin. 20 or 30 years from now not many Redskins fans will even remember Jason Campbell. His name will be as difficult to recall as Cary Conklin is now. What he will be is a small footnote on Joe Gibbs Redskins Legacy.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #32
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Doesn't the word legacy involve being remembered for something in future generations? Unless I am defining the word wrong then I don't think he has a legacy as a Redskin. 20 or 30 years from now not many Redskins fans will even remember Jason Campbell. His name will be as difficult to recall as Cary Conklin is now. What he will be is a small footnote on Joe Gibbs Redskins Legacy.
You're right. Plus, it's WAY too early to start talking about looking back and remembering Campbell as a player overall. He's just getting his career started I believe. He'll do OK outside of the Redskins organization. He may not be our next Trent Green that we regret losing...but maybe a Stan Humphries-like QB that we look at and say "why wasn't he this good with us?" and wonder what could have been.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #33
FRPLG
MVP

I think he leaves no legacy...the only legacy he could leav is one of utter failure on the FO's part. Either by crapping out in Oakland and proving he is a bust or getting the job done and proving Shanny wrong. Somehow he'll be right in the middle I suspect.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #34
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
well, one legacy argument could be that he is the guy coach gibbs made a huge mistake on, maybe his greatest player evaluation mistake.

JC is an average QB at best, down right boring to watch at worst.

wish the man well, he seems to be a great person.
That would have to be Loyd & Arch in the debacle of 2006.

I'll always stand by Gibbs' decision to get JC. We can disagree about what we gave up, but I never thought it was too much when you're trying to land the qb of the future.

Of all the 'what-ifs' of JC's career, I think one of the biggest was Gibbs leaving early. What if he'd stayed one more year? The Gibbs/Saunders O was more suited to JC. Gibbs picked a qb that HE thought he could win with, but that's much different than a qb that Jim Zorn can win with.

Gibbs won w/Mark Rypien, probably the worst qb to ever win a super bowl. Gibbs felt he could win w/JC, maybe he could've in due time.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #35
jgalecpa
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
JC is an average QB at best, down right boring to watch at worst.
For me, this about sums it up.

He made we want to leave my seat and go get a $5 soda more than anyone else in the history of Fedex Field.

The only thing I could be sure to miss if JC was behind center was a punt.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

JC's only legacy will be the reminder of 4 systems in 5 years, or the failure of our FO to stabilize our team. He will be the billboard for the 2000-2009 era, hopefully the 2010-2019 will start in a better way.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #37
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
That would have to be Loyd & Arch in the debacle of 2006.

I'll always stand by Gibbs' decision to get JC. We can disagree about what we gave up, but I never thought it was too much when you're trying to land the qb of the future.

Of all the 'what-ifs' of JC's career, I think one of the biggest was Gibbs leaving early. What if he'd stayed one more year? The Gibbs/Saunders O was more suited to JC. Gibbs picked a qb that HE thought he could win with, but that's much different than a qb that Jim Zorn can win with.

Gibbs won w/Mark Rypien, probably the worst qb to ever win a super bowl. Gibbs felt he could win w/JC, maybe he could've in due time.
Not to quibble or get the thread off track, but Big Ben had the worst Super Bowl game ever vs Seattle by a starting QB.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #38
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think he leaves no legacy...the only legacy he could leav is one of utter failure on the FO's part. Either by crapping out in Oakland and proving he is a bust or getting the job done and proving Shanny wrong. Somehow he'll be right in the middle I suspect.
Probably the safest of all bets. And good post.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #39
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't think he leaves any real legacy here. Todd Collins has more of a legacy than JC does. He's an average NFL QB who was failed by management. I think all true Redskin fans wish him well but it's so time to move on.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #40
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't think he leaves any real legacy here. Todd Collins has more of a legacy than JC does. He's an average NFL QB who was failed by management. I think all true Redskin fans wish him well but it's so time to move on.
You know that's true. Todd Collins led the late season charge to the playoffs in the aftermath of Sean Taylor's murder. That is a memory that will stand the test of time.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #41
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

Legacy .. that's a strong word to be throwing around
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
You know that's true. Todd Collins led the late season charge to the playoffs in the aftermath of Sean Taylor's murder. That is a memory that will stand the test of time.
He also had to beat the Giants in NY in winds of 40 mph.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #43
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I think the entire era of QB from Rypien to current will be a blight on Redskins history. Hopefully McNabb puts up a couple of solid seasons and Shanahan drafts a true QB of the future somewhere in the next 2 drafts.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #44
GusFrerotte

Sorry, but this legacy crap has to go. The guy only started 3 seasons and didn't give us any playoffs(Collins did that). Simply put, he wasn't here long enough to even have a legacy. You want to make a thread of JC's legacy, then maybe I should open one up about Gus Frerotte's legacy! Shoot he made the Pro Bowl and swept Aikman and company that season('96) to boot!!!! Gus, Terry, and the boys were a lot more fun to watch than these bums!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #45
davy
Impact Rookie

Wasted draft picks.

The talent guys obviously thought he was a bit special and were determined to get him and I don't have a problem with that, but they were wrong.

When you have people looking at tape from last year and saying how simplified the offence was and JC still couldn't make easy calls at the line then the problem is obvious.

Not smart enough to be a successful starter.