Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Parking Lot

Old 10-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #31
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

^ Seriously that story is made up. If you actually had water in the compersion chamber the piston rod would be coming thur the block. Buster if you really think Fords are better then Toyota you need to re-vamp your automotive thinking. If Ford is such a great product why are they receiving record losses every year?
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #32
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
None of these german cars have anything on my chevy chevett 3cyl diesal. If your behind me I'll just punch it and you will eat my smoke.
AHAHAHAH
Hey man, atleast you drive a Vett!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #33
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
^ Seriously that story is made up. If you actually had water in the compersion chamber the piston rod would be coming thur the block. Buster if you really think Fords are better then Toyota you need to re-vamp your automotive thinking. If Ford is such a great product why are they receiving record losses every year?
Yeah, Buster Fords really aren't better. No way you can compare a Taurus to a Avalon or a Camry. Just not even on the same level.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #34
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have had 3 fords in the past 14 years and cannot say anything bad about their product. My latest is a 1998 Explorer which currently has 198,000 miles and has never had any major repairs. To date my biggest repair was a front wheel bearing and I also tow a 22' boat all the time and the motor and trans show no signs major of wear and tear.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #35
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
The BMW 3 series in generally regarded as the cream of the crop in this class.
I agree.
I'd make a 3rd choice and pick the BMW.
However, given JUST those 2 choices, I'd take the Infiniti. I have test driven both the C Class and G35 and they are both nice cars, but the G35 has more pep and seems classier on the inside. Almost like Mercedes expects you to pay that much just for their name, while Infiniti thinks you should have luxury.
I'm not saying the C Class is a poor car...it's nice. It's just not as good as the G35.

ps- the BMW REGULARLY beats any car in it's class...just read motor trend.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #36
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I have had 3 fords in the past 14 years and cannot say anything bad about their product. My latest is a 1998 Explorer which currently has 198,000 miles and has never had any major repairs. To date my biggest repair was a front wheel bearing and I also tow a 22' boat all the time and the motor and trans show no signs major of wear and tear.
Please rub my arm or something, cause you're the luckiest bastard on the planet.
You would have to GIVE me a Ford for me to drive it, otherwise, it would remain on the lot.

For the guy who said something about Toyota, you're right. That new Camry Hybrid 50th anniversary edition is one great car. Toyota's are great cars...I just wish they had better exterior designers.
I own a GMC Sierra, and a Pontiac Grand Prix...I'll tell you that the best car on the road is a BMW if you're willing to spend. If you want to save money, Toyota's are great cars. I'd take just about anything before I'd take a Ford.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

I've driven Fords for years only because my brother sells them so I get hooked up with his employee pricing deal.

I've got a '07 Focus right now and it's great. I'm planning on upgrading to the Fusion next spring, that's a really nice car.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #38
dall-assblows
The Starter

who cares? i cant afford either, thats for sure!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #39
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I've driven Fords for years only because my brother sells them so I get hooked up with his employee pricing deal.

I've got a '07 Focus right now and it's great. I'm planning on upgrading to the Fusion next spring, that's a really nice car.
You know...now that you mention it, I have never heard anything bad about a focus (other than personal opinions about power and style). I haven't heard anything bad about a Fusion either, but to be fair, I don't know a single person that owns one, or even rented one. All other Ford vehicles I have strong negative opinions of due to several people / vehicles and my own experience with Ford.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #40
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
You know...now that you mention it, I have never heard anything bad about a focus (other than personal opinions about power and style). I haven't heard anything bad about a Fusion either, but to be fair, I don't know a single person that owns one, or even rented one. All other Ford vehicles I have strong negative opinions of due to several people / vehicles and my own experience with Ford.
The first generation Focus had a propensity to randomly catch fire. But other than that little "glitch", it is a good car. Especially the new ones.

This is my favorite "feature" Ford has ever offered...

I'd buy one! Too bad they "corrected" it.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

The Focus and Fusion both get great reviews from Consumer Reports.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #42
Schneed10
A Dude

Buster, that story you told about the Toyota Avalon's engine seems to indicate the Toyota engineers are complete and utter morons. It's as if you think Elmo and Big Bird built the car.

That story is so sensational that it can't possibly be true. Just about every test you see done by consumer reports consistently rates Toyotas amongst the most reliable out there. By the way, I'm not a car enthusiast or anything, but you have to give the nod to consumer reports when it comes to testing just about anything. Their methods are precise, well-funded, and extremely scientific.

But I was really talking about comfort anyway. My father has an Avalon, I swear it's like riding in a battleship (assuming battleships have really big and comfortable seats with tons of leg room).
Old 10-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #43
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
The first generation Focus had a propensity to randomly catch fire. But other than that little "glitch", it is a good car. Especially the new ones.

This is my favorite "feature" Ford has ever offered...

I'd buy one! Too bad they "corrected" it.
Is that legit?
I don't see how it can do that for so long? I suppose if oil got in the headers it could work, but I would imagine it would flame out before it got to the tail pipe and would come out as smoke.
Any mechanics out there that could shed some light?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #44
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Quote:
Is that legit?
I don't see how it can do that for so long? I suppose if oil got in the headers it could work, but I would imagine it would flame out before it got to the tail pipe and would come out as smoke.

its legit and as recent as this year.... they had to pre-emptively recall thousands of trucks because the first of the super duties released caught things such as fields on fire. adn these were diesels...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #45
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Is that legit?
100% legit. It is caused by a) the particulate filter in the exhaust and b) too much fuel getting through the injectors and into the filter.

The way this is supposed to work is...
1) the particulate filter catches a bunch of exhaust junk (for emissions purposes)
2) ECM releases (via injectors) a specified amount of raw fuel into exhaust
3) fuel gets caught in filter and raises the temp of the collected junk from (1) so that it burns off (without combustion)

But, in the case of these Fords, the faulty injectors released too much fuel which caused the temperature to rise to a point where combustion (read flames) occurred.

Ford actually halted sales of these trucks while they worked on a fix.