Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Round 4 Pick?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: With the 5th pick in the 4th Round, The Washington Redskins select...
Everson Griffen * DE * USC 3 4.84%
Bruce Campbell * T * Maryland 44 70.97%
Jonathan Dwyer * RB * Georgia Tech 2 3.23%
Ricky Sapp * DE * Clemson 2 3.23%
Aaron Hernandez * TE * Florida 0 0%
Other (Please elaborate in Comments) 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #31
skinsnut
Playmaker

Re: Round 4 Pick?

I can't believe we passed on Bruce Campbell...now we need to trade away a player to get a decent OT, either that or get an old castoff....we could have been set at oline for years and they pick a no name olb?
They needed to strike gold...that had it in their hands and blew it.
Im pissed!

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #32
Mechanix544
The Starter

Anyone else tired of the frickin puff daddy commercial on NFL network? Or the girl that looks like the Joker in the Golden Corral one?
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #33
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I don't like Riley's negatives....

Quote:
Bites hard on fakes and lacks the agility or sudden redirection and acceleration to recover. Pass coverage isn't an asset and he might be moved to inside in the NFL, as he lacks the agility to turn and the straight-line speed to run with tight ends and backs. Not a pass rush threat, has marginal burst off the snap and limited technique. Lacks great speed in pursuit.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #34
skinsnut
Playmaker

2010 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person
Perry Riley, OLB, LSU
After playing in a backup role at linebacker for his first two seasons at LSU, Riley exploded onto the scene as junior in 2008. He played in all 13 games -- starting eight -- and recorded 60 tackles. Riley, a finalist for the 2008 Butkus Award, was named Defensive MVP of the Chick-fil-A Bowl, in which the Tigers hammered Georgia Tech. As a senior, Riley finished second on the team with 97 total tackles, including 4.5 for loss.
Riley has good size at 6'1 and 245 pounds. He has the look of an inside linebacker, but his instincts are not the best and he sometimes gets caught by the play-action pass. Riley also has good speed and has been clocked as fast as 4.53 in the 40-yard dash, although he generally runs that distance in around 4.60. He played weakside linebacker in Baton Rouge, but the speed and athleticism might not be there to play the same position in the NFL. As such, Riley could be a risky pick as teams consider him to be in between the those two spots on the defensive side of the ball. Still, he has the talent to emerge as a solid middle linebacker after spending a season or two as a backup. Look for him to go off the board in the fourth or fifth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #35
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I can't believe we passed on Bruce Campbell...now we need to trade away a player to get a decent OT, either that or get an old castoff....we could have been set at oline for years and they pick a no name olb?
They needed to strike gold...that had it in their hands and blew it.
Im pissed!
I agree. If you ask me this is the most questionable pick in the draft at this spot. Not just ours. From what I'm reading on him I would have questioned whether he would have even have been drafted. One magazine had him projected for the 5th round.

Again we reach too high for a questionable player. Hell I'd have taken any of the OL we mentioned, Any of the WR's we mentioned, hell even the RB's we mentioned and we don't need RB's.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #36
skinsnut
Playmaker

The Raiders just took Bruce Campbell...I'm really pissed off.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #37
skinsnut
Playmaker

You get 4 picks....one is a no brainer between Trent Williams and Okung...they take the riskier move...they have 3 others that they need to hit the jackpot on...they blow their most important pick.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #38
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
The Raiders just took Bruce Campbell...I'm really pissed off.
I was just going to ask if the Skins thought he would not get drafted or would fall farther down. Again my only concern was the experts said he doesn't bend his knees and gets beat because of it. He would have to work on that as well as learn to block from the other side. That might have been a stretch for him. But I would have prefered they take an actual RT over Riley.

They must be happy with the thought of using the other Tackles we have on the right side.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #39
freddyg12
Playmaker

After reading about Riley, the pick makes more sense, they will probably look to use him as an ILB. Still, if you want to take a guy that is a "project" B. Campbell seems to have much greater upside.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #40
RedskinPete
The Starter

Campbell when to the Raiders. Well now who plays RT? Anyway I don't think that Oakland is a good place for this Maryland player.
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #41
SBXVII
Franchise Player

ProFootball Draft says;

Riley is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #42
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

The guy hasn't played a down yet and already everyone wants to take him out back Old Yeller Style. He was a good player at LSU, and I am not letting my Tiger bias stand in the way.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #43
skinsnut
Playmaker

Now that we know how the new regime uses their 4th round picks....aren't we glad we didn't trade players for 4th round picks?

If we trade...I want players in return....nothing like a LB that cant cover and bites on play action...sounds like a Landry type without instincts or raw talent...I bet we could have gotten this guy in the 6th
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #44
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
After reading about Riley, the pick makes more sense, they will probably look to use him as an ILB. Still, if you want to take a guy that is a "project" B. Campbell seems to have much greater upside.
I imagine he is going to be trained as Fletch's replacement, but will be a ST'er this year.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Now that we know how the new regime uses their 4th round picks....aren't we glad we didn't trade players for 4th round picks?

If we trade...I want players in return....nothing like a LB that cant cover and bites on play action...sounds like a Landry type without instincts or raw talent...I bet we could have gotten this guy in the 6th
I am going to throw in that we have a very good LB Coach, and if he said this is the guy I want (speculation) then I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Let's not think that Campbell was going to be a perennial probowler. He may or may not succeed, I still think we are going to have several more OL on the roster before training camp.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote