Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Walking Dead thread (spoiler alert, read at your own risk)

Parking Lot

Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #31
over the mountain
Playmaker

re: The Walking Dead thread (spoiler alert, read at your own risk)

yup i was wondering how the heck that house wasnt boarded up. they guy elvis or otis (the fat guy) is out shooting his gun in the woods, driving that old loud truck . . .

i think during the conversation with the sheriff dad guy and hershel out on the porch they may have touched on it. hershel said something like they were basically untouched then said he lost his wife and a few other people to the epidemic.

im not sure if when he said "untouched" he meant the area they were in didnt have alot or any walkers. which would make sense. if you live way out in the sticks with noone around then there isnt anyone to turn into walkers . . except your own family which you could just monitor and kill when they start to turn

Last edited by over the mountain; 10-27-2011 at 12:23 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #32
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
yup i was wondering how the heck that house wasnt boarded up. they guy elvis or otis (the fat guy) is out shooting his gun in the woods, driving that old loud truck . . .

i think during the conversation with the sheriff dad guy and hershel out on the porch they may have touched on it. hershel said something like they were basically untouched then said he lost his wife and a few other people to the epidemic.

im not sure if when he said "untouched" he meant the area they were in didnt have alot or any walkers. which would make sense. if you live way out in the sticks with noone around then there isnt anyone to turn into walkers . . except your own family which you could just monitor and kill when they start to turn
There had to be walkers all those cars o nthe highway by them al lthe ones by the school, etc...they even ran into a few walkers in the woods and at that old church.

They got that farm house set up like they are ready to film a fawking Bob Evans commercial. The producers/writers (who ever) definitly messed that up.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #33
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
There had to be walkers all those cars o nthe highway by them al lthe ones by the school, etc...they even ran into a few walkers in the woods and at that old church.

They got that farm house set up like they are ready to film a fawking Bob Evans commercial. The producers/writers (who ever) definitly messed that up.
Well, if Otis and Shane make it out of the hospital with those medical supplies, you can bet they'll have some walkers following them towards the house.

The way the show has gone thus far, it's hard to imagine that house not getting overrun sooner rather than later. Also, maybe they've got a trick up their sleeve that we don't know about- i.e. and underground shelter/bunker sort of deal where they hole up at night.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #34
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:

yeah good point. the highway doesnt seem more than a few miles away and there should have been a ton of walkers . . hmmmm, i got no answer.

gm- i think you would want to avoid "hole'in" yourself up somewhere. id imagine the walkers would know your in there, smell you and just wait.

also, i dont understand the walkers. there seems to be 2 types. 1 - just walks around in the same dang small area (walkers around the med supply trailer) and wont move spots unless aroused; 2 - the herd type that seem to be moving long distances in a herd

either way, still dont understand how all those walkers didnt smell them when they were hiding underneath the cars.

i gotta try and shut off my logical thinking part of my brain and just enjoy the entertainment of it. either way, when i used to smoek a cigarette out back after watching an episode of season 1 i was jumpy.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #35
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
yeah good point. the highway doesnt seem more than a few miles away and there should have been a ton of walkers . . hmmmm, i got no answer.

gm- i think you would want to avoid "hole'in" yourself up somewhere. id imagine the walkers would know your in there, smell you and just wait.

also, i dont understand the walkers. there seems to be 2 types. 1 - just walks around in the same dang small area (walkers around the med supply trailer) and wont move spots unless aroused; 2 - the herd type that seem to be moving long distances in a herd

either way, still dont understand how all those walkers didnt smell them when they were hiding underneath the cars.

i gotta try and shut off my logical thinking part of my brain and just enjoy the entertainment of it. either way, when i used to smoek a cigarette out back after watching an episode of season 1 i was jumpy.
Yeah I agree the walkers and what they can and can't do is kind vague at times.

In order to have great horror the monster must have rules IMO.

Like the rules that apply to vampires or even the Freddy rules (speaking of the first few before it just got silly).

I think I like WD more because of the story lines between the characters more then the actually horror.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #36
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 11-07-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #37
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Am I the only one who is wanting more zombies and less dialogue right now?

I DEFINITELY understand the need for character development, but it's getting a little slow these past few episodes. The previews for next week looked pretty bad ass though.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #38
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Interesting and sad read about WD.

‘The Walking Dead’: Why Frank Darabont Was Fired & The Chaotic Aftermath | Screen Rant

I will have to say last nights episode(11/6) was pretty boring and to spend have the show trying to pull out that dumb zombie was lame.

Also at the end of season one didn't we know she was preggo already?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #39
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Like the show but here's my issue's.....

The guy on the loud Harley? WTF? he might as well signal all the dead to where he is.

The fat guy and cop going to the medical suppy trailer and being chased by zombies last week, then this week the farmer girl says...."I'll just go into town again and get some medical supplies like I did last time." < when asked about zombies she says "no there are none where I'm going." So... why didn't weren't the cop and fat guy directed to go there for supplies?

As others have said the old house really looks to be protected from zombies well. lol.

At some point wouldn't you think the old guy with the camper would maybe look for an upgrade? he's got some 70's style camper and has free run to take any brand new camper from any camper site, highway, or sales place.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #40
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Like the show but here's my issue's.....

The guy on the loud Harley? WTF? he might as well signal all the dead to where he is.

The fat guy and cop going to the medical suppy trailer and being chased by zombies last week, then this week the farmer girl says...."I'll just go into town again and get some medical supplies like I did last time." < when asked about zombies she says "no there are none where I'm going." So... why didn't weren't the cop and fat guy directed to go there for supplies?

As others have said the old house really looks to be protected from zombies well. lol.

At some point wouldn't you think the old guy with the camper would maybe look for an upgrade? he's got some 70's style camper and has free run to take any brand new camper from any camper site, highway, or sales place.
They needed a respirator to perform surgery with general anesthesia on Carl, otherwise they would have to perform surgery with him awake where he would need to stay completely still otherwise risking a severed artery and bleeding out. I don't know if you've been under anesthesia but when you go under you stop breathing hence the need for the respirator.

The only one they knew of was at the local high school where the emergency FEMA station was set up with surgical supplies.

Glenn and Maggie on the other hand went to the pharmacy to get antibiotics, aspirin, bandages, and other basic medical supplies that you can find at any pharmacy.

The part that didn't make sense to me was why Otis was shot in the leg and not the head. Granted a screaming victim makes better bait but the hanging zombie also proved that zombies only care that the body isn't infected. Either way Shane is slowly becoming more and more psychopathic.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 11-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #41
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I think Maggie went for something other than medicine.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #42
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
She was looking for the Love Doctor.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #43
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
She was looking for the Love Doctor.

It would take the end of the world for a hot girl to want me in a drug store when I just happen to pick up box of condoms when she walked by.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #44
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Or simply put.

High School with Zombies and FEMA station = Surgical Supplies mainly the respirator needed to put Carl under for surgery so he could breathe during the operation.

Pharmacy = Medicine like antibiotics, aspirin, etc.

*SPOILERS FROM LAST WEEK*
The backpack that Otis is carrying has the respirator.

- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 11-07-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #45
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
It would take the end of the world for a hot girl to want me in a drug store when I just happen to pick up box of condoms when she walked by.
So hot.

- FRPLG