Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Warpath Madden League

Parking Lot

View Poll Results: Which system do you use to play Madden online?
PS2 8 33.33%
XBOX 8 33.33%
PC 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2004, 07:36 PM   #31
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Skin36
Thanks, Joe. Good to be here.

I don't have XBOX Live as yet, since moving to the new place.

Is there a PC league or anything?

Or does anyone wanna play some?
I'm organizing the XBox league, Matty's organizing the PS2 league, so I guess somebody needs to step up and organize the PC league, too. I don't play Madden for PC, so it's going to be up to one of the PC gamers to organize that league.

Like I said, if you get XBox live, we'd be happy to have you in the XBox league. You can get a 2 month free subscription card for XBox Live with a lot of the games that are in stores. That's what I'm using right now, though it's set to run out in January. I plan to go ahead and pay to renew, though. It'll be worth it just for the league.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #32
ATL_Skin36
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
I'm organizing the XBox league, Matty's organizing the PS2 league, so I guess somebody needs to step up and organize the PC league, too. I don't play Madden for PC, so it's going to be up to one of the PC gamers to organize that league.

Like I said, if you get XBox live, we'd be happy to have you in the XBox league. You can get a 2 month free subscription card for XBox Live with a lot of the games that are in stores. That's what I'm using right now, though it's set to run out in January. I plan to go ahead and pay to renew, though. It'll be worth it just for the league.
Okay, you've twisted my arm.

Can you tell me a little about the physical side of it all.....

For example, I have a 2mb DSL line going from phone port - modem, which obviously gives me internet access.

How does XBOX Live work? What connection/s are used? When you're connected to XBOX Live does it act like broadband/cable where by you can use your phone at the same time etc.

Thanks.
ATL_Skin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 06:12 AM   #33
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Skin36
Okay, you've twisted my arm.

Can you tell me a little about the physical side of it all.....

For example, I have a 2mb DSL line going from phone port - modem, which obviously gives me internet access.

How does XBOX Live work? What connection/s are used? When you're connected to XBOX Live does it act like broadband/cable where by you can use your phone at the same time etc.

Thanks.
XBox Live is pretty simple to setup and use. All you really need is a subscription card (you can get 'em at Best Buy, EB Games, etc., or you can get one of those free trial cards that come with games sometimes-- you should have received one in your Madden 2005 box), and an Ethernet line running from your modem or router to the XBox (XBox has the Ethernet port built-in). Then you just start up Madden, go to 'game modes', select 'play online', and the EA server will walk you through the setup process.

I'm pretty sure you can still use your phone when you're connected to XBox Live, though online gaming is a bit of a bandwidth hog.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote