Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

(Merged Thread) Greg Williams Gone After 2005?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #31
Kevikazi
Special Teams

Re: Greg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
i for one do not want greg williams as head coach of the redskins.he is an excellent d coordinator,but that doesnt translate into sucess as the head coach(see norv)i think what williams accomplished in buffalo in his short time there should be sending up a warning flag to the skins
When Gregg Williams was a head coach for the Bills, he made a HUGE mistake by surrounding himself with assistant coaches with little or no NFL experience. If Gregg Williams takes over as a head coach of the Redskins, he won't make the same mistake.
Kevikazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #32
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
nog? as in egg nog? love that stuff. have you tried southern comfort's vanilla spice? awesome!
Not egg nog - Gregg nog. It's different.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:50 PM   #33
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
We all remember Belichick as coach of the Browns, and now as coach of the Patriots.

But anyone else remember that odd scenario where he spent three years as top assistant to Parcells with the Jets. Then when Parcells resigned he was like and now, as planned, I'm handing the reigns over to Belichick. And the next day Belichick was like you know what I changed my mind. I'd rather make my own mark somewhere else.

Anyone worry that might happen with GW?
Not really. For one reason, GW has coached somewhere else before, and he might realize that it is probably an easier transition to get promoted up into a system, rather than to go somewhere else and have to assemble everything again. Of course, that doesn't mean that when Gibbs retires, his coaching staff will stay, but if so, I think it would be easier for GW. Then again, it wasn't easy for Richie Petitbone.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #34
celts32
Playmaker

There is nothing preventing Snyder from paying Greg Williams more money to stay with the Redskins than KC or St Louis would pay him for being head coach. I know these guys don't really need money, but he's still young so it's not like he would be passing up his last chance if he stayed.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #35
NFLNetwork
No new threads for you

Greg Williams

Do you guys think Greg Williams is going to leave after this year? A lot of people say he is, please tell me no!!
NFLNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #36
gortiz
Special Teams

Well lets figure it out, who will need a coach? Detroit? Buffalo? Saints? Maybe KC and St. Louis? who knows, I don't think so. I say he stays.

Remember, he was a crappy head coach ...
Old 12-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #37
Warpath
The Starter

I hoping he guts it out in DC until Gibbs hangs it up in a year or 2 and then takes over in DC. I also think that if someone throws a sh*t load of cash his way, he'll probably take it, I mean wouldn't you? Everyone has a price.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:38 PM   #38
BrudLee
Playmaker

There will be a few teams looking for a head coach, but remember that Gregg Williams is making $1.7 million a year here. That's more than a bunch of head coaches, which means he's priced himself out of a few jobs. He also knows how well the money would be here if he inherited the job in a few years.

I don't know if those thoughts will keep him here, but it can't hurt.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 PM   #39
MTK
\m/

Just recently discussed at length, please try the search function before starting a new topic. thanks

http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread...gregg+williams
Old 12-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #40
railcon56
Impact Rookie

he's already making more than most head coaches
Old 12-20-2005, 10:55 PM   #41
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Re: (Merged Thread) Greg Williams Gone After 2005?

You know, I'll bet there's about a million fans out there accross america that would like him to stay. I could spare ten bucks...

If everyone else could... it may be worth his while! I just don't want to see all of the hard work that gibbs, buges, breaux, and williams, and the players have been putting in over the last couple of years be for nothing. As fans we've been buying and spending our money on all of the goddamn merchandise, and tickets and stadium beer for years to see our team get our hopes up and fall short... and now we're possibly on the verge of another dominant term among the NFC's best and I don't want anything to start over.

Belickeck (spelling?) had his big O and D coordinators leave and he's doing all right, but our D has been our backbone while the offense is up and down. Our coaching staff right now other than williams, blanche, etc.. is primarily geared for offense, and I'm not sure how much of the intensity and planning would remain if he left.
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:32 AM   #42
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

THere is a good article about all this by Wise at the Post: A Williams Exit Would Be Well Planned

My bet is Williams will go, because he is going to be offered a "whatever you want" deal somewhere. He's got something to prove: that's he's not just a great coordinator, but a great head coach on the NFL. It's only if he's already decided to give it a serious SB run with Gibbs, come what may, that he'll stay.

I agree that the real question is about Blache and the assistants.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #43
illdefined
Playmaker

i have a sinking feeling he'll leave. and it won't be about money.

one of the things he was asked on 60 seconds w/Gregg Williams was to describe Gibbs in one word. he might've just had an argument with him but he said "Prideful" right away, in a kind of bad way. "Proud" is the good way to say it.

Williams is a much more aggressive personality than Gibbs, they keep their sides so separate, not necessarily a bad thing - and who could blame him after last year - but there might be some actual division there.

Williams is not a shy guy, he doesn't want to be a coordinator for long. who knows maybe his title Head Coach - Defense was his idea. He's a proud man too and i think a guy like him would want his legacy to be like Marvin Lewis's; take a whole new team to a whole new level.

i dont think he'd be happy headcoaching to the superbowl with "Joe Gibbs's Offense". sorta like Gruden winning with "Tony Dungy's team", even though this is totally HIS defense. i hope i'm 100% wrong, but you can just tell he's bottled up a bit here.

hope the team, the fans, Snyder and Gibbs do everything they can to make him stay, and i hope its enough.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:51 AM   #44
MTK
\m/

My gut says he stays one more year to see if he can finish what he started here.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #45
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I think if we won the Super Bowl this year, he'd probably leave. Something tells me that until that happens, he'd probably not get the "right" deal as a head coach at this point right now.