Commanders v. Dallas Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2023, 07:10 AM   #31
calia
Playmaker

Re: Commanders v. Dallas Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
My honest opinion is this applies to the whole roster in varying degrees. They all realise the coaching staff is toast, including EB. And I think to a man they've given up. I think Howell is the possible exception, though I suspect in his case, his bad games are happening because he feels he has to force it as everyone else around him has all but given up.

Now you may say they're professionals and should still play, but anyone who's been in a badly managed job knows that eventually it'll wear you down, and some of these guys have been in that situation for years. Many were probably hoping for changes last offseason and saw this season as a slow death of the RR era. Notably, I think the departure of Harris had a very detrimental effect on the secondary.

I can't help feeling that with a new FO regime and much better coaches, a lot of the players being criticised will see a resurgence. We still need holes filled, particularly at OL and LB, but I don't think this roster is nearly as bad as it's being made out to be.

Maybe, but a lot of guys will need to have a resurgence next year - it isn’t just a few. I think it’s a combo of some non-NFL level talent (much of our OL, LBs, and secondary) and some good or even great players badly underachieving. But it’s hard to point to anyone playing well consistently right now.

Part of me hopes RR gets canned today as it can’t get worse and it will signal to the players that change is coming. Maybe that second group will show some life before season’s end.

I see RR refused to answer the question of how the players can expect a different result if things don’t change. Seriously, that’s pathetic - it’s a fair question and he owes everyone a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2023, 08:30 AM   #32
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
3rd and 1? 4th and 1? time for shotgun :/ 3 out of 3 times.

back 7 just don't have it. feel free to throw coaching in there too.
Yeah that was ridiculous...
Crazy busy lately, barely had time to watch the game in 40 version of games these past few weeks. Hard to care... I felt before the start of season this year was a wash and still took as a W... but actually feeling like watching a 17 games pre-season is boring AF.

Have a hard time evaluating anybody under this sh*tty staff... especially secondary, don't think we have anybody outstanding, but hard to label anybody a bum, cuz secondaries under JDR have consistently been disastrously awful... so it has to be coaching to some extent...
Old 11-24-2023, 08:39 AM   #33
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I can't help feeling that with a new FO regime and much better coaches, a lot of the players being criticised will see a resurgence. We still need holes filled, particularly at OL and LB, but I don't think this roster is nearly as bad as it's being made out to be.
A new coaching staff doesn’t come in and fill gaps. They will want to stack the team with their type of guys. Defense is going to change the most. 43 vs 34, cover 2 vs bump and run. Who knows what the next coach is going to install.
Expect 50% turnover on D. Some of the players will fit better than others.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:17 AM   #34
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah that was ridiculous...
Crazy busy lately, barely had time to watch the game in 40 version of games these past few weeks. Hard to care... I felt before the start of season this year was a wash and still took as a W... but actually feeling like watching a 17 games pre-season is boring AF.

Have a hard time evaluating anybody under this sh*tty staff... especially secondary, don't think we have anybody outstanding, but hard to label anybody a bum, cuz secondaries under JDR have consistently been disastrously awful... so it has to be coaching to some extent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
A new coaching staff doesn’t come in and fill gaps. They will want to stack the team with their type of guys. Defense is going to change the most. 43 vs 34, cover 2 vs bump and run. Who knows what the next coach is going to install.
Expect 50% turnover on D. Some of the players will fit better than others.
I agree with you both to a large extent, I just feel that it doesn't have to be 20-25 guys being replaced to see an improvement. Coaching, and particularly bringing in coaches with better energy, will make a bigger difference than anything, and that may invigorate the 70-80% of the roster that's, in the past, been at a good NFL level. I just feel that some of these guys were good last season or the year before, and can't see how many suddenly became JAG's purely because their talent supposedly disappeared.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:18 AM   #35
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
OptaStats:

Entering today, NFL teams were a combined 57-0 over the last 25 regular seasons when having a game with:

100+ rushing yards
250+ passing yards
35:00+ TOP
no more than 25 penalty yards
no more than 1 turnover

The Commanders did all that today and lost by 35.
This team is all about breaking records and streaks. Not our good ones, but any record a team can set against us, bet they will. Any bad streak our opponents have had forever, they will end it in our game. It's uncanny how good they are at it
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:25 AM   #36
mredskins
Gamebreaker

at this point keep SH healthy and let him work with EB and rack up losses; that is the best case scenario
Old 11-24-2023, 09:27 AM   #37
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree with you both to a large extent, I just feel that it doesn't have to be 20-25 guys being replaced to see an improvement. Coaching, and particularly bringing in coaches with better energy, will make a bigger difference than anything, and that may invigorate the 70-80% of the roster that's, in the past, been at a good NFL level. I just feel that some of these guys were good last season or the year before, and can't see how many suddenly became JAG's purely because their talent supposedly disappeared.
Agreed. And look around the league, good coaching makes good team with a couple of really good players surrounded by quality jags... Especially on defense.
Old 11-24-2023, 09:30 AM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
at this point keep SH healthy and let him work with EB and rack up losses; that is the best case scenario
I won't be one bit shocked if at some point in this season Sam tears his Achilles or ACL on the field at Fedex. He has to scramble so often and takes hits on the run too often for it not to happen to this team. Can't have a potential QB stay healthy through a full season.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:48 AM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Forget the coaching…yes it’s not great, but this roster isn’t very good.

I see no problem cleaning house in the front office during the bye week.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:49 AM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Offense had 400 plus yards yesterday but only 10 points.... Yards are fine and all but points matter most...
Old 11-24-2023, 09:53 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Forget the coaching…yes it’s not great, but this roster isn’t very good.

I see no problem cleaning house in the front office during the bye week.
Besides 93 and 94 you cant name another starter on our defense that would start anywhere else. Fuller maybe at the slot corner spot.

This team has no playmakers on defense and CY and Sweat were no better. Chase didn't do shit yesterday either.
Old 11-24-2023, 10:32 AM   #42
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I won't be one bit shocked if at some point in this season Sam tears his Achilles or ACL on the field at Fedex. He has to scramble so often and takes hits on the run too often for it not to happen to this team. Can't have a potential QB stay healthy through a full season.
Even if true about the field, posts putting shit like this out in the universe should be an automatic one week ban lol.

You stow this injury talk asap CR!
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 10:40 AM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Besides 93 and 94 you cant name another starter on our defense that would start anywhere else. Fuller maybe at the slot corner spot.

This team has no playmakers on defense and CY and Sweat were no better. Chase didn't do shit yesterday either.
Would Payne and Allen start for some teams, but not the best teams. We don't have one player on the roster that is top ten at their position.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 10:49 AM   #44
Meks
Pro Bowl

Paynes been playing well and semi consistent.. he may get top 10 consideration
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

On 49 snaps

Chris Paul gave up 7 pressures and 2 sacks.....