Eff Black Friday

Parking Lot

Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #31
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: Eff Black Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I was out at my local shopping epicenter here in Woodbridge just a couple hours ago to help a friend out with his shopping and shit's absolutely crazy. It's like laws go out the window when you have this many people together, I mean I saw people making horrendous driving decisions like it will cost them half an hour if they don't miss a turn or some shit when they can drive half a block and make the next turn. People are ****in stupid. Especially those lined up in tents outside Best Buy. Whatever deal they are waiting for they can probably get online for the same price and they won't have to wait outside 7 hours before the store opens.
i'm guessing you are talking about the potomac mills area. i was pissed i had to go to costco today, the one that is at potomac mills. i thought it would be hell, the parking lot was a friggin joke but costco itself wasn't bad. you will never find me at a target or other bix box store on black friday ffffffffffffffffffffff that

as far as the hh gregg bashing goes i don't get it, i mean their sign says hhgregg appliances and electronics and that's pretty much what it is. yeah they don't have all the dvd's, video games, or cd's but i think thats better. they focus on what you are there for a big ass tv or a sweet ass surround sound. i bought my new tv from the one here in woodbridge and i had a pretty good experience there. they were actually helpful and nice and in no way did they sucker me into buying the biggest and baddest tv they had there, i did that on my own!(with my wife's permission)

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #32
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i'm guessing you are talking about the potomac mills area. i was pissed i had to go to costco today, the one that is at potomac mills. i thought it would be hell, the parking lot was a friggin joke but costco itself wasn't bad. you will never find me at a target or other bix box store on black friday ffffffffffffffffffffff that

as far as the hh gregg bashing goes i don't get it, i mean their sign says hhgregg appliances and electronics and that's pretty much what it is. yeah they don't have all the dvd's, video games, or cd's but i think thats better. they focus on what you are there for a big ass tv or a sweet ass surround sound. i bought my new tv from the one here in woodbridge and i had a pretty good experience there. they were actually helpful and nice and in no way did they sucker me into buying the biggest and baddest tv they had there, i did that on my own!(with my wife's permission)
Yeah I'm talkin about Potomac Mills. That place is a hellhole. I mean the traffic situation is so packed in there with all the big box stores nearby that it's just kinda ridiculous.

You know that access road that goes all the way around P.Mills? I was in the right hand lane, and some d-bag was in the left hand lane, and that person realized she needed to make a right hand turn, but instead of doing the logical thing and slowing down and letting me pass, she cut me off and made a right hand turn from the left hand lane. And that stupidity seems to spread everywhere, there was a line out front of the Gamestop in the mall that stretched halfway down the corridor, and there were fights breaking out about spots in the line that the police had to break up. People are just stupid, and it's never more evident than on Black Friday.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #33
firstdown
Living Legend

We have to pass a mall on the way home from my parents so I had my daughter drive through mall parking lot (I drank too much to drive). Toys-R-Us was open last night and I'm guessing 500 or more people were in line so we stoped to see all the action. I yelled out {if you think Toy R Us Rocks on black Friday give me a shout}. I got the entire line yelling and someone else got the wave going. My daughter just sat there and laughed at me. Other store had long lines but nothing like Toys R Us. DR you must of had fun.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #34
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I sure as hell didn't have fun.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Bump.

Anybody find any good deals yesterday? I actually didn't hit up any of the stores at midnight last night, but I got a couple good deals online. Ordered Battlefield 3 online from EA.com for 31 bucks (shipping included) last night, and I'm gonna give that to my bro for x-mas this year, plus I got a 7 inch tablet from buy.com for 80 bucks that I'm gonna give to my sister and her bf for x-mas, and then I got Assassins Creed Revelations off BestBuy.com for 35 bucks, which is gonna be for me lol. I went out to Petsmart and Target last night, long after the big crowds had died down, and they had some okay deals but nothing really worthwhile.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #36
That Guy
Living Legend

I love black friday and have never missed a deal... staples and circuit city (well, in past years) and office depot let you order online at midnight and then show up whenever to pick stuff up.

BX (fort belvoir) had some good deals and i showed up at like noon there.

I haven't done the stand in the cold thing since bestbuy had the very first sub $500 laptop, but i was #4 in line (2am) and was offered tickets to every single "super" deal at 5am right before they opened. since then the housing market tanked and the deals just haven't been as good. my parents got another giganto tv and some cooking/tool stuff, but that's about it.

today's deals weren't any better than newegg's everyday price. real yawner.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #37
saden1
MVP

Best Buy was on fire yesterday with great deals. Got a Canon PowerShot SX230HS for 200 bucks. Got couple of new games and blurays for dirt cheap too. I basically ordered everything online and picked them up at the Tysons store around 9:30 am....Surprisingly the place was practically empty because they opened at midnight and all the freaks were done by morning.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #38
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Best Buy was on fire yesterday with great deals. Got a Canon PowerShot SX230HS for 200 bucks. Got couple of new games and blurays for dirt cheap too. I basically ordered everything online and picked them up at the Tysons store around 9:30 am....Surprisingly the place was practically empty because they opened at midnight and all the freaks were done by morning.
I agree, online ordering is the way to go.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #39
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

So question about camping out:

What prevents people from just showing up at the door as soon as the store opens? Best Buy doesn't exactly have a "Line Forms Here" sign... I'm sure people might be waiting with their faces smashed against the door, but the people camping days in advance can't really stop people from getting in front of them can they?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #40
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post

What prevents people from just showing up at the door as soon as the store opens? Best Buy doesn't exactly have a "Line Forms Here" sign... I'm sure people might be waiting with their faces smashed against the door, but the people camping days in advance can't really stop people from getting in front of them can they?
Not sure because I've never done it before, but I think that they have Best Buy employees come out and ask you what you're waiting in line for and then they hand you a slip with a number on it to ensure you receive the goods you're waiting for.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #41
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Not sure because I've never done it before, but I think that they have Best Buy employees come out and ask you what you're waiting in line for and then they hand you a slip with a number on it to ensure you receive the goods you're waiting for.
Ahhh, OK. I've always wondered that every year because when we visit my in-laws in Orlando for Thanksgiving, people are camped there 3 days before Black Friday and I'm like, "What's keeping me from showing up when the store opens?"
Old 11-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #42
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Ahhh, OK. I've always wondered that every year because when we visit my in-laws in Orlando for Thanksgiving, people are camped there 3 days before Black Friday and I'm like, "What's keeping me from showing up when the store opens?"
Pssh 3 days? I just read an article about people waiting in line 9 days before Black Friday to get into Best Buy.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #43
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:

well, whats to stop someone from smashing their face in?

BB usually tickets an hour or two before open, at least the one year i was there at 2am.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #44
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Pssh 3 days? I just read an article about people waiting in line 9 days before Black Friday to get into Best Buy.
couldn't they work min wage and just be better off? the deals just aren't that good.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #45
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
couldn't they work min wage and just be better off? the deals just aren't that good.
Agreed but you know people are crazy. 9 days? They better be offering 55 inch 3d hdtv's for free for me to wait in line 9 days in front of a store.