pdid5000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #32
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Re: F... Dish Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
I didn't subscribe to the SuperFan package either, but weekend before last I noticed I had the channel that displays multiple games on one screen. I thought that was an "extra" and wondered why I was receiving that channel as I didn't originally order that. When you mention "sd feeds," what is that specifically? If I scroll past the normal NFL Ticket channels (700's), do I have other options that relate to HD broadcasts or something? I'll look back at your previous posts to hopefully understand better, but like you, I recently recv'd upgrades from DirecTV that included among other things, the HD DVR. Yet, I only rec'v certain channels that are in HD (although I see where that will be expanded sometime soon).
No, it's still in the 700's. SD means standard definition. Basically, they list all of the games first in SD and then further down they'll list the same game again. The second listing for that game is the hd feed.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #33
MTK
\m/

Hey does anyone know when all the new HD channels are going to launch on DTV? It was supposed to be this month I thought.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #34
Captain_Chaos_73
Camp Scrub

I am in the Military and Am deployed to Iraq.

Before i left i sent my equipment back to Dish Net. and canceled my services well over the next 70 Day I received over $800 in charges for unrecieved equipment and canceling under a contract.

After long calls from Iraq, and having my father back in the states make some calls, tracking down a return to sender package that went to a house where no one lives, and explaining the Cival servicemans Act, 77 days after I left the States I was finally refunded all $800...

Moral of the Story, get Cable.. I know there is no NFL network on Comcast.. but that is what Bars are for.

The H-Back is an obscure little known position in the NFL. It is a hybrid position combining the skills of a fullback, tight end, receiver, and offensive lineman in one position.

"Cooley has adapted to the position like a fish to water."
Captain_Chaos_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #35
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I've had directtv for a while,still hate the rain part,sometimes it goes out when its just cloudy and the rain hasnt hit yet,but I'm sure dish network does the same thing.The nfl ticket is the bomb but the price pisses me off,it goes up every yr,when it first started I think i paid 99 bucks for it,now its up to 250 bucks and another 100 bucks if you want the superfan package.I paid for superfan last yr but they gave a a 50.oo discount,this yr no such luck so i said fuck it,thats just too much money,I never used any of the other features it came with,I just wanted it in hd.One cool thing they did add to the superfan package is being able to stream the games on your computer,anybody tried that? I wonder how good that is.The first week I got the games in hd,but not this week,the first week was a free preview of the superfan package
Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #36
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I need to rant some more,what really pisses me off is i paid 2000 bucks for a 12' satellite dish back in 94,got all the nfl games for free on it for 2 yrs,thats why I bought it,so I could see my skins,then the nfl switched to sunday ticket and I was fucked big time,no more games for free and my 2000.00 dish is now obsolete
Old 09-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #37
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Chaos_73 View Post
I am in the Military and Am deployed to Iraq.

Before i left i sent my equipment back to Dish Net. and canceled my services well over the next 70 Day I received over $800 in charges for unrecieved equipment and canceling under a contract.

After long calls from Iraq, and having my father back in the states make some calls, tracking down a return to sender package that went to a house where no one lives, and explaining the Cival servicemans Act, 77 days after I left the States I was finally refunded all $800...

Moral of the Story, get Cable.. I know there is no NFL network on Comcast.. but that is what Bars are for.
Captain_Chaos_73: First, please allow me to thank you for your service. If I weren't so old, I'd be over there with you my friend! Stay low, be careful, and come home safely. We'll all be thinking of you and yours "over there."

O.k., back on topic. If the "Dish Network" didn't credit you based on your circumstances, I'd personally offer to visit their corp. office with a loaded RPG ! Note to Homeland Security: j/k. I'll have to respectfully disagree with you though regarding cable. Until you've experienced the NFL Ticket, it's very hard to make a realistic comparison. read the many comments on this board and you'll see that it is by far the best venue to see NFL games. Finally, I would imagine that "bars" are few, and far between in Iraq!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #38
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
Captain_Chaos_73: First, please allow me to thank you for your service. If I weren't so old, I'd be over there with you my friend! Stay low, be careful, and come home safely. We'll all be thinking of you and yours "over there."

O.k., back on topic. If the "Dish Network" didn't credit you based on your circumstances, I'd personally offer to visit their corp. office with a loaded RPG ! Note to Homeland Security: j/k. I'll have to respectfully disagree with you though regarding cable. Until you've experienced the NFL Ticket, it's very hard to make a realistic comparison. read the many comments on this board and you'll see that it is by far the best venue to see NFL games. Finally, I would imagine that "bars" are few, and far between in Iraq!

I have had both. The ticket is cool but to pay nearly 300 to watch games not in HD is a waste. I have said this in other post but it really does matter where you live. For me the best is Comcast in Harford County MD, I get both DC and B-more Fox channels all in HD. I may miss one Skins game a year and I just head to the bar.

Now if you live outside of the DC viewing yes I would get the ticket, it would be cheaper then going to the bar every Sunday to watch the game, plus call me crazy but sitting in a bar on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon is just not my idea of fun.

I told DirecTV to f-off after dealing with all the upgrades and poor customer service. There is a lot waiting when it comes to DTV and upgrading of equipment. Also, now to get all the HD channels with the 5 LNB you have to put a dish on your roof that could sail a Tall Ship it so damn big! Don't let me get started on their customer service or lack of.

Again, figure out what works best in your area. Also, remeber they are all basterds it is just a matter of picking the lesser of two evils.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:55 AM   #39
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have had both. The ticket is cool but to pay nearly 300 to watch games not in HD is a waste. I have said this in other post but it really does matter where you live. For me the best is Comcast in Harford County MD, I get both DC and B-more Fox channels all in HD. I may miss one Skins game a year and I just head to the bar.

Now if you live outside of the DC viewing yes I would get the ticket, it would be cheaper then going to the bar every Sunday to watch the game, plus call me crazy but sitting in a bar on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon is just not my idea of fun.

I told DirecTV to f-off after dealing with all the upgrades and poor customer service. There is a lot waiting when it comes to DTV and upgrading of equipment. Also, now to get all the HD channels with the 5 LNB you have to put a dish on your roof that could sail a Tall Ship it so damn big! Don't let me get started on their customer service or lack of.

Again, figure out what works best in your area. Also, remeber they are all basterds it is just a matter of picking the lesser of two evils.
Really, the only reason I even considered the NFL Ticket after moving to Atlanta 9 years ago from the D.C. area. Plus, after sitting in a bar for 3 hours, and consuming mass quantities of adult beverages, the ride home afterward would be very risky at best. And if it is a "sunny Sunday afternoon," thats when the DVR really is justified.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #40
jbcjr14
The Starter

Superfan is the shit! I have it and watch all the games in HD glory. The new 8 screen Game Mix, Fantasy Stats, Red Zone Channel in HD...man, I just can't get enough of it!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #41
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
No, it's still in the 700's. SD means standard definition. Basically, they list all of the games first in SD and then further down they'll list the same game again. The second listing for that game is the hd feed.
Thanks for the clarification. I discovered the "HD" listings last night after scrolling down past the "SD" 700 channels. I also called DirecTV to ask if I was being charged extra for the "SuperFan" package. I was told that, no, I wasn't, that I had only seen a free preview on Sept. 9th. Unfortunately for me, if I wanted to enjoy all of my NFL games in HD, I'd have to pony up another $99 to get it. Oh well, maybe next year for me as I've already taken a 2nd mortgage on our home for just the NFL Ticket.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #42
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Question for the techy people here:

Are we all not watching satilite TV? Isn't Comcast getting a satlite feed and sending to all of us.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #43
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Question for the techy people here:

Are we all not watching satilite TV? Isn't Comcast getting a satlite feed and sending to all of us.

Yes, but it's a raw feed. They get it, apply their own advertising in the allowed spots and pipe it out to us.

Thomas Paine
Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #44
Captain_Chaos_73
Camp Scrub

Here in Iraq, We have AFN, So we get 7 to 8 Games Live a Week, depending on if there is Some Redneck Racing.. uhh I Mean Nascar, taking up one of the Channels. Its just all time Difference they start at (Local Time = GMT +4) 2000 , 0001 , and 0430

The H-Back is an obscure little known position in the NFL. It is a hybrid position combining the skills of a fullback, tight end, receiver, and offensive lineman in one position.

"Cooley has adapted to the position like a fish to water."
Captain_Chaos_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #45
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Chaos_73 View Post
Here in Iraq, We have AFN, So we get 7 to 8 Games Live a Week, depending on if there is Some Redneck Racing.. uhh I Mean Nascar, taking up one of the Channels. Its just all time Difference they start at (Local Time = GMT +4) 2000 , 0001 , and 0430
I used to work for AFN as a News Anchor when I was in the Navy. They get the raw feeds from the NBC, FOX, CBS, etc. That's why every once in a while you guys get to see real commercials when the spot insertion software doesn't catch the tones. I know you love those Command Information spots...

Thomas Paine