if you dropped a "dude" in there somewhere, i would swear Spence is SBF

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #32
Spence
Special Teams

Re: Lighten Up On Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Last I checked DS doesn't call plays or make plays on the field. He does bring in the best talent that HIS COACHES have asked for.
You really think Snyder asks Zorn to approve his personnel decisions? You must be joking. Snyder didn't even allow Zorn to pick his own coaches. He sure as hell isn't going to allow Zorn to tell him how to spend on free agency.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #33
dmek25
MVP

Spence, i don't know why you keep bringing up Snyder passing the cost onto the fan. can you name me one owner that doesn't? or one successful businessman that doesn't?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #34
redsk1
The Starter

DS has been here for 10 years and his WL record is mediocre at best. You might say, well he tries, so we've got to give him that! When is the last time you got a raise for trying your best? You get promotions thru results and our results have been average.

Now, i'm glad we have an owner that at least attempts to be the best. I'll give him that. We also have an owner that can't seem to bring himself to structure our organization which gives us the best chance to win. He can't bring himself to make changes for the best of our organization. See Marty. See Vinny Cerrato.

If you don't change, expect the same results. We've been getting the same results for 10 years.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #35
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
For every Washingtonian puff piece, I can find several articles about what a twerp Snyder is. If you're cool with $30 to park at FedEx Field and high ticket prices for a poor product, that's your business. I'm not cool with it. Diff'rent strokes and all.
I'm pretty sure most of the "twerp" articles would be around his business dealings. Business is business, not personal.

If you're not cool with the parking/ticket prices, team's performance, etc. Don't go, don't watch, no one's holding a gun to your head. No one complains when Snyder strokes massive checks, flys the team to ST's funeral, and supports the players families.

Without revenue Snyder continues to bring in, we will at some point be limited in our options financially. I don't think any of us want that. With the salary cap possibly going away, I'd say it's a lot better to in the Redskins position than the Bengals or Jags. If the salary cap goes away, you negative types will be singing a much different tune. Don't forget the team that JKC built was without a salary cap.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #36
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
You really think Snyder asks Zorn to approve his personnel decisions? You must be joking. Snyder didn't even allow Zorn to pick his own coaches. He sure as hell isn't going to allow Zorn to tell him how to spend on free agency.
how do you know this? Zorn was the first hire, so he could have been consulted. or do you work for the skins, thus being an insider?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #37
Spence
Special Teams

And let's recall that Zorn wasn't brought here to be the head coach. He was hired to be the offensive coordinator before a head coach was hired. [In other words, the head coach wasn't going to be allowed to hire his own offensive coordinator. Or defensive coordinator, since Blache was assured of his job, too.] Zorn was only promoted to head coach because no self-respecting NFL coach wanted to work for Snyder.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #38
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Spence, i don't know why you keep bringing up Snyder passing the cost onto the fan. can you name me one owner that doesn't? or one successful businessman that doesn't?
I mentioned it once. As for ticket and parking prices, those are legitimate issues. Snyder sets those prices. If we can't hold Snyder responsible for his own decisions, what's the point of being allowed to discuss him at all? I don't mind being charged for a good product. Let me know when we have one.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #39
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
how do you know this? Zorn was the first hire, so he could have been consulted. or do you work for the skins, thus being an insider?
You just confirmed what I wrote. Zorn was the first hire. He was hired to be offensive coordinator, not head coach. Ergo, the head coach wasn't going to be allowed to hire his own coaches.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #40
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
I mentioned it once. As for ticket and parking prices, those are legitimate issues. Snyder sets those prices. If we can't hold Snyder responsible for his own decisions, what's the point of being allowed to discuss him at all? I don't mind being charged for a good product. Let me know when we have one.
If you check around, you'll find it's outrageous to see ANY NFL team. I don't know if we are the highest or not. HOWEVER, if you don't want to deal with that..........don't go. Simple, right?
AND.....last time I checked, there were about 100k people waiting for ticks
HTTR
Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #41
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
what do you base this on? i guess the on field product/ wins and losses? because in my eyes, i like the fact that he will do what ever it takes to win. sure, he has made a lot of bad decisions. what owner hasn't? there aren't a lot of owners i would take over Snyder. people around here make me laugh when the bad decisions that are made are solely blamed on Snyder. how many of you guys were happy as hell( at the time) when the skins went out and signed all of the big name free agents? ill bet a whole bunch of you. the only thing that irks me with Snyder is his inability to see we need a football guy running things. and that doesn't mean Mr. Cerrato
Well I will have to say that Dan has been trying to do this for ten years and it seems he makes alot of mistakes again and again. I run a business and if one way failed time and again I try another way until I get it right. Seems like dan keeps banging his head against the same wall with the same results. After watching how he runs the skins I wonder how he was able to start and run a business making all of the money he has.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #42
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
No. People in Salem were accused of crimes they did not commit and killed for them. That's actually nothing like what is happening with Snyder.
This is exactly what's happening. What crimes has Snyder committed? Again without replaying the Norv/Marty/Spurrier tune.

- Hired Gibbs and gave him total control of the franchise? I'm sure you were against that.
- Hired Zorn, kept Blache and most of coaching staff intact? When the Skins were 6-2 last year I'm sure you had no problem with that.
- Player acquisitions and draft I'd say not terrible, not great. But this falls on Cerrato. He's only had complete control and accountability for less than two years.

Snyder isn't the fault of the recent troubles. He's an easy target for guys with blogs to write stuff trashing Snyder and get web-hits from it. It's good business, right?

I'm all for a GM, if it's Holmgren right now, it makes sense. But for God sakes can we get further down the path of this season before we're tying people to the stake or throwing them in a lake.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #43
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
I'm pretty sure most of the "twerp" articles would be around his business dealings. Business is business, not personal.
Nonsense. I judge a person based on all their actions. Your view, apparently, is that someone can do anything they like as long as they say it is "just business." You're welcome to that view. I don't share it.

Quote:
If you're not cool with the parking/ticket prices, team's performance, etc. Don't go, don't watch, no one's holding a gun to your head.
So, let's make sure we both understand what you just wrote. If I don't like the performance of the team Snyder owns, the only thing I should do is stop watching them. I should not complain, I should not form opinions and I most certainly should not give voice to those opinions. I should either support Snyder whole-heartedly or go away, forget the team and never speak of it again. I'm not saying you work for Dan Snyder, but you should. Anyone that slavishly obedient should be getting a paycheck.

Quote:
No one complains when Snyder strokes massive checks, flys the team to ST's funeral, and supports the players families.
The money Snyder spends is of little concern to me. What he gets for that money is what matters and what he's gotten so far is a .455 winning percentage. To you, that's worthy of unthinking loyalty and obedience. To me, it is not. Again, diff'rent strokes and all.

Quote:
Without revenue Snyder continues to bring in, we will at some point be limited in our options financially.
You just don't get it. It's not about how much money is spent, it's about how that money is spent. Snyder can't buy a Super Bowl. If a decade of mediocrity doesn't make an impression on you, I guess nothing will. Again, I'll take a financially cautious ownership like the Rooneys any day of the week and twice on Sundays. [Especially on Sundays!]
Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #44
beemnsevenspop
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Yeah...how can you not like Snyder more after reading this article???

Oh yeah - what a couple of regular Joes those two megalomaniac billionaires are....
Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #45
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
If you check around, you'll find it's outrageous to see ANY NFL team. I don't know if we are the highest or not. HOWEVER, if you don't want to deal with that..........don't go. Simple, right?
AND.....last time I checked, there were about 100k people waiting for ticks
HTTR
I've already taken your sound advice. I've sold my tickets this season. I'm not stupid enough to pay for what has accurately been described as one of the worst game day experiences in American sports. I did that for 10 years. That was enough, thank you.

And no, there are not 100K people waiting for tickets. In fact, there might not be anyone waiting for tickets. Just another Snyder lie. Read it.
Closed Thread