Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
He's not untouchable and he had a rough second half yesterday, but by the time you get far enough down the list to reach him, you've reached "whole team is at fault" status.

Which, well, it might be true but it's not even worth saying.
Well with that being said he certainly isn't playing worse than the situation in Cleveland or Oak. lol.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #32
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
I am interested in knowing what conclusions you have drawn....

Please share!!
The D has NOT taken on the personna I expected. I envisioned AH dragging three guys into the backfield while Arakpo threw the QB to the ground like a rag doll. THAT obviously is not happening.
BUT, if the D has not changed and we were winning (to a point) last season...what has changed.
Well, well maybe they aren't who we wanted yet, but they are good enough?
That obviously points to the O totally, and perhaps the D doesn't deserve.........ALL the bad press they have gotten
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #33
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Do you think JC is just untouchable or something? Like it or not he's part of the problem and did not have a good game yesterday.

As for Johnson didn't he have monster college numbers? He was drafted by Gruden. That's all I know about him.
He's not untouchable but he's certainly not my main concern right now.

Just tired of hearing the same old same old, despite the fact he's played well under the circumstances.

If this season so far has shown me anything, it's that our problems run much deeper than QB. Yet some people continue to focus on JC. It's insane.

And besides, this thread isn't about JC. Another reason for the fail.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #34
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
The D has NOT taken on the personna I expected. I envisioned AH dragging three guys into the backfield while Arakpo threw the QB to the ground like a rag doll. THAT obviously is not happening.
BUT, if the D has not changed and we were winning (to a point) last season...what has changed.
That obviously points to the O totally, and perhaps the D doesn't deserve.........ALL the bad press they have gotten
You started off good then you lost me. Did you watch the game yesterday? Did you think our D looked good? At one point the Lions were 9-11 on 3rd down conversions.

You ever think that we were wining during that stretch because of the offense? Or better yet we were playing as a team and had each units back. Two things to keep in mind. During most of that stretch JC didn't have any interceptions (he's such a horrible QB -- end sarcasm). Here's a interesting stat with a minumum of 500 pass atempts JC threw the least ints in the whole entire NFL. Secondly Portis was running rampant. If he had kept on his pace he would have had close to 1,800 yrd rushing. If anything last year the offense saved the defense from itself during that stretch. We upgraded on D and they give up 0.1 more yards a game.

It works both ways. The offense keeps the D off the field when we produce long drives and the O gets more opportunities when the D stops the opposition on 3rd downs. So lets get back to my point. During the stretch when Portis got nicked up and we didn't produce a running game we lost some games not only because of the running game being slowed down due to injury and inefficent 2nd and 3rd string RBs but also our D couldn't stop squat. Yesterday they were horrendous. The O wasn't awesome but the D had them beat as far as playing like trash.

The D definitely is not getting a free pass on this ride buddy!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I don't know what it is with Blache playing rookie or inexperienced quarterbacks like they're Peyton Manning or something but I do know whatever he is doing hasn't worked. Going up against a quarterback like a Matt Stafford in his third pro game or a Josh Johnson who's never started should signal a field day for our defense but it seems like Blache gives them too much respect, like he's afraid of them lighting us up like the Pats did in '07. I really wish he'd "throw the book" at them and make them play lights out against our d in order to win. He's not challenging them at all, as evidenced by Matt Stafford playing like a 5th year Pro Bowl qb against us, leading the friggin Lions down the field like they're the friggin Pats.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #36
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

right! more of this should fall on the O, than the D
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #37
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I don't know what it is with Blache playing rookie or inexperienced quarterbacks like they're Peyton Manning or something but I do know whatever he is doing hasn't worked. Going up against a quarterback like a Matt Stafford in his third pro game or a Josh Johnson who's never started should signal a field day for our defense but it seems like Blache gives them too much respect, like he's afraid of them lighting us up like the Pats did in '07. I really wish he'd "throw the book" at them and make them play lights out against our d in order to win. He's not challenging them at all, as evidenced by Matt Stafford playing like a 5th year Pro Bowl qb against us, leading the friggin Lions down the field like they're the friggin Pats.
NO I think he just makes excuses ahead of time. You are right, when it is a rookie QB, you disquise the blitz and throw everything at him including the kitchen sink. The O coordinators that play us are playing Chess and Blache is playing Checkers. If he loses to a rookie QB again this week. He needs to go. The Bucs were shut out last week by the Giants. We are not the Giants but if they put up a lot of points on us then he is to blame.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 09-28-2009 at 06:33 PM.
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #38
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg86 View Post
I bet the Lions come in second to the Vikes in the division
haha
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #39
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
In other Florida QB news...Chad Pennington reportedly done for the year
Not to quote myself...but I just wanted to give an update, Dolphins just traded for Tyler Thigpen
Old 09-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not to quote myself...but I just wanted to give an update, Dolphins just traded for Tyler Thigpen
Seems like an odd move. You're starting (now) your 2008 2nd round pick, spent another 2nd round pick in 2009 (thanks to us) on a QB in Pat White and now have added yet another QB via trade?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #41
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
NO I think he just makes excuses ahead of time. You are right, when it is a rookie QB, you disquise the blitz and throw everything at him including the kitchen sink. The O coordinators that play us are playing Chess and Blache is playing Checkers. If he loses to a rookie QB again this week. He needs to go. The Bucs were shut out last week by the Giants. We are not the Giants but if they put up a lot of points on us then he is to blame.
I'm not letting the defense off the hook. If the Redskins need an identity, it needs to start on defense. They need to start attacking and make offenses react to what they are doing. That's how you rattle an inexperience quarterback. The Redskin defense is too passive. Defensive backs and linebackers playing ten yard off the ball is passive. Get after the quarterback and make him beat you. Got dammit, It makes me want to suit up and hit somebody. Knock the crap out of the opposition and make a statement. Smash mouth football.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #42
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Seems like an odd move. You're starting (now) your 2008 2nd round pick, spent another 2nd round pick in 2009 (thanks to us) on a QB in Pat White and now have added yet another QB via trade?
Yeah, especially when they could have just signed Jeff Garcia as insurance. Garcia is reportedly about to be cut, now that Trotter is back in Philly
Old 09-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #43
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Biggs: Josh Johnson named QB in Tampa | National Football Post

So we may be 1-5 against rookie QBs in the last five years, but Josh Johnson is actually a second year player! So we should be good.

Right?
I've always liked Josh Johnson and i remembering hearing that Zorn liked this kid coming out of San Deigo?

NFL Videos: 2008 Combine: Josh Johnson

I was hoping that the Bucs would cut him so that Zorn would pick him up as another QB project/back-up.

I hope the kid has the worst game of his life, but if they scheme against our defense, like the Lions did, he could play poorly and still put up points against us.

I hope we don't show this kid alot of man coverage because he'll run all over us.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #44
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Orakpo can't get to the QB if he's chasing TE's. I still believe that it's a bad idea to move a guy to LB who played his entire college career on the D-line. Dallas tried this 30 years ago with Randy White, and realized the futility. White went on to become a Hall of Fame DT. I'm convinced that Orakpo can be a force in this league, but only if he plays his natural position (DE).

As for the overall D, I'm most troubled that they are allowing teams to convert 3rd down and long situations. The Giants killed our D on 3rd and long, which I can accept to a point given that they have a veteran QB. Allowing a rookie QB to consistently convert on 3rd and long is a BIG problem IMO. The Skins D led the NFL in 3 and outs last year. This year, the D is LAST in the league in 3rd down stops. If the D can't get off the field, the O has fewer posessions/scoring chances. Case in point: The Skins had THREE offensive posessions in the first half at Detroit.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #45
SUNRA
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Mark it down, if we lose to Josh Johnson at home you can be sure we'll have another coach in week 5.

I was just about to type that we're not going to lose...but I can't be sure of that. I don't think we'll lose.
Even if we win, the impression has been clear that this offense can't put teams away in the first half of a game. 17 games with less than 20 points is deplorable for an offense of this calibre. If we didn't have play makers I could understand that, but we have enough to score at least 3 TD's a game. I am not locked on a win until I see what Zorn does for the first half.