Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL - 2023 Offseason Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-21-2023, 01:19 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the NFL - 2023 Offseason Thread

The Rumor Mill is heating up on a possible Justin Fields trade.... Would the Bears really do it??

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2023, 03:22 PM   #32
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yup add in that a few other QBs sign that will go from 32 to 40 but at 32 mill he will still be in the middle of the pack pay wise. Giants had no cap space last year, they couldn't sign him.

Once Hurts, Burrows and Hurbert resign Jones will around #15 pay wise at 32 million.
I would like to see data that shows how effective the franchise tag is in finally generating a long term contract with the team. Maybe it is just the Washington track record with using it but I don't see it effective.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:48 PM   #33
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I would like to see data that shows how effective the franchise tag is in finally generating a long term contract with the team. Maybe it is just the Washington track record with using it but I don't see it effective.
I agree, when tagged 100% is on the cap for that season. As I understand it they can negotiate all the way till mid June then the tag becomes a contract.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:49 AM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Lamar to ATL is picking up steam
Anyone but us.

Lamar's problem is he relies on his legs to make plays. Once his legs are gone he's shot - he will never be a typical pocket qb that can evade the rush and play into his late 30's. Plus he hasn't stayed healthy for an entire season in years. Once he gets injury prone that contract is gonna be hard to get rid of.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:13 AM   #35
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Anyone but us.

Lamar's problem is he relies on his legs to make plays. Once his legs are gone he's shot - he will never be a typical pocket qb that can evade the rush and play into his late 30's. Plus he hasn't stayed healthy for an entire season in years. Once he gets injury prone that contract is gonna be hard to get rid of.
this 100

if lamar was a QB with the skill set of burrow right now Bmore would have already signed him and be done. Bmore is thinking the same as you mooby.
Old 02-22-2023, 12:27 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think I'd rather have Fields than Lamar
Old 02-22-2023, 12:30 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I think I'd rather have Fields than Lamar
I agree w/ this. Fields has a more long-lasting body type and he can develop into a better pocket passer. Jackson has maxed out his potential as a passer imo. He is who he is.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:24 PM   #38
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I don't want Lamar but I think he is undervalued as a passer. Earlier in his career he was top 10 in many metrics passing but was overshadowed by his amazing speed. He has regressed as a passer the last two years. Injuries? No weapons? I don't care it is enough of a red flag for me to stay away.
Old 02-22-2023, 02:33 PM   #39
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't want any QB that requires a trade. I want to keep our assets (draft picks/players) and roll with Howell and a Veteran backup who can come in and not lose the game when (if) called upon. If Howell turns out to not be the guy, the record will surely reflect that, and we can address the QB position next year under new ownership and staff, and hopefully have a better/deeper team around whoever that may be.

He will have his growing pains, but I am somewhat optimistic about Howell, but it will largely depend on the coaches who are ultimately brought in to develop him and this offense, and whether or not they can successfully revamp this O-line.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 02:58 PM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I don't want Lamar but I think he is undervalued as a passer. Earlier in his career he was top 10 in many metrics passing but was overshadowed by his amazing speed. He has regressed as a passer the last two years. Injuries? No weapons? I don't care it is enough of a red flag for me to stay away.
In fairness to Lamar, he never had any legit WRs in BMore

In Washington I feel like he'd be an MVP Candidate but it would cost a shit ton to get him
Old 02-22-2023, 07:46 PM   #41
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
In fairness to Lamar, he never had any legit WRs in BMore

In Washington I feel like he'd be an MVP Candidate but it would cost a shit ton to get him
I don't want an MVP, I want a SB winner (well OK SB MVP would be great). I just don't see Jackson ever winning the big one. Happy to be proven wrong but I can't see it, especially with at least 4 better passers in the AFC.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 10:10 PM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the NFL - 2023 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes it's crying and you're still doing it but please explain how?

Come on G-1. Even the talking heads here and the Giants fans I hear calling the radio are like wtf? He is not a 45 million dollar a year quarterback. Not even close. He has one playoff win. One winning season. One good season period. Threw for 15 touchdowns. 45 is laughable and as SD said I hope they pay him. Cus you need linebackers and wide receivers and to pay Barkley. You can’t do all that. You might snag a wr in the draft who pans out but paying him what he is asking is hurting the rest of the team.

https://gmenhq.com/2023/02/22/ny-gia...uon-barkley/4/

Last edited by punch it in; 02-23-2023 at 02:39 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 10:11 PM   #43
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't want any QB that requires a trade. I want to keep our assets (draft picks/players) and roll with Howell and a Veteran backup who can come in and not lose the game when (if) called upon. If Howell turns out to not be the guy, the record will surely reflect that, and we can address the QB position next year under new ownership and staff, and hopefully have a better/deeper team around whoever that may be.

He will have his growing pains, but I am somewhat optimistic about Howell, but it will largely depend on the coaches who are ultimately brought in to develop him and this offense, and whether or not they can successfully revamp this O-line.

Yup….yes….and definitely.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 06:16 PM   #44
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Bobby Wagner anybody?

Rams releasing LB Bobby Wagner after one season

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-releas...ter-one-season
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 06:35 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Come on G-1. Even the talking heads here and the Giants fans I hear calling the radio are like wtf? He is not a 45 million dollar a year quarterback. Not even close. He has one playoff win. One winning season. One good season period. Threw for 15 touchdowns. 45 is laughable and as SD said I hope they pay him. Cus you need linebackers and wide receivers and to pay Barkley. You can’t do all that. You might snag a wr in the draft who pans out but paying him what he is asking is hurting the rest of the team.

https://gmenhq.com/2023/02/22/ny-gia...uon-barkley/4/
The 45mm is BS there have been no , none negotiations with Jones or on his behalf. Jones will sign at 35 per for 3 maybe 4 years and after Burrows ,Cousins ,Jackson and Hurst are all given deals Jones will be smack in the middle where he should be. How much are you paying Wentz?

Chuck Knoxx
@chuckknoxx
NFL Insider says Daniel Jones NEVER asked for $45 million. Was a lie leaked by Jones' former agency CAA to make Jones look bad.

I mentioned days ago this story was bullshit and the New York media knew it. They still ran with it for red meat. Pathetic.