Old 09-28-2009, 01:21 AM   #422
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Now What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Uh-oh!...Here we go..."The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

Sheesh!...Get real.
Hey, I'm a glass half full type of person. As others were looking at the Skins and saying 9-7 I could see 11-5. If the team showed some form of improvement or could beat the teams they were supposed to beat then i would say what you are saying. Give them a chance to correct this.

I just don't see the team making the plays. I now think the first 8 games last yr was all about teams trying to figure out what Zorn was doing. Now teams have enough game film of him to stop them and it's carried over to this yr.

I'm happy for you though. Glad you can keep the faith. Unfortunatly I've lost it. Our offense has been enemic since supposedly Spurrier but I think longer. I hope I'm wrong but I think you in for a big let down like the rest of us, just at a later time. Don't worry we will be here to say we told you so.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:32 AM   #423
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Hey, I'm a glass half full type of person. As others were looking at the Skins and saying 9-7 I could see 11-5. If the team showed some form of improvement or could beat the teams they were supposed to beat then i would say what you are saying. Give them a chance to correct this.

I just don't see the team making the plays. I now think the first 8 games last yr was all about teams trying to figure out what Zorn was doing. Now teams have enough game film of him to stop them and it's carried over to this yr.

I'm happy for you though. Glad you can keep the faith. Unfortunatly I've lost it. Our offense has been enemic since supposedly Spurrier but I think longer. I hope I'm wrong but I think you in for a big let down like the rest of us, just at a later time. Don't worry we will be here to say we told you so.
It was really just running the ball vs. not being able to run the ball. That's it. If you're getting 5 yards a run, you control the ball. If you are getting 2 yards, they do.

The only new development today was the disappearing act of the run defense. So in that respect, I guess we've reached a new low.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #424
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I highly doubt the Lions finish the season as 31st or 32nd
Haha, true but that's where they were...we might end up 31st or 32nd at this rate.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #425
Luxorreb
^21^

The Redskins are not a hungry team. They are grossly overpaid and collectively achieving less than mediocre results. Someone mentioned today that Haynesworth was the highest paid on the team, above Campbell, Portis, Cooley, Moss, etc. It's hard for me to watch Haynesworth be exhausted and hurt. I know Portis fights through injuries tough and silent. And making less money. Unfortunately Haynesworth is not the only disappointment. Also included are Rogers, Hall, Dockery and both lines.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #426
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:

I was just kidding...being sarcastic.

I don't know how many times in the preseaon and the first two games in which I brought up a stink about our play and the projection of our lack of competitive nature and that's was ALWAYS THE REPLY from the blind hopefuls.

It's annonying to think that people are so dense.

I wonder if now they see the sky has fallen.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:18 AM   #427
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Their showing the highlights of the Ravens game. God it kills me to watch it. A second yr Rookie QB making plays. Throwing bombs down field into double coverage and the WR making the play.

Why, why, why do other teams make it look easy to get their WR's the ball? We struggle.
The Ravens believe in drafting O-Lineman. They may not be the sexy pick but without the Bigs up front you can't do Sh*t on offense.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:25 AM   #428
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
The Ravens believe in drafting O-Lineman. They may not be the sexy pick but without the Bigs up front you can't do Sh*t on offense.
Eeeewwwww! No...How the hell would you sell jerseys by doing that? People won't buy the jersey of an offensive lineman. That would be a waste of a first round draft pick.

How many people do you know own a Samuels jersey???...I mean really...get real.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #429
hagams
Impact Rookie

I don't think Zorn is that bad of a head coach, I just think his play calling sucks. We are not sustaining drives, which makes me ask why? We are currently 14/37 on 3rd downs, that's pretty damn bad. NFL.com has our opponents at 22/43, that's not great but it's over 50%. We haven't been blown out, we've lost by a TD in both games. Regardless of who we are playing...blah...blah any given Sunday.
We need someone calling the plays other than Zorn. The offense is firing the passing game up (Currently 11th with 249.7 avg), and our running game is sucking (currently 24th with 91.7 avg.). Last year our avg.. passing yards a game was 189.1, and rushing was 130.9.
We've improved on passing, and regressed on rushing the ball. We need someone to call the plays that Zorn has in place. That is how we improve our offense, without firing Zorn (immediately).
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #430
irish
Playmaker

The coaches arent great but these players are bums too. I really dont think there is any coach out there that can get these guys to play. If they fire JZ the season really is over. I'm hoping this loss will wake these losers up but I really doubt it. I think huge changes on need to be made on this team because changing coaches wont be enough to make a difference, there are a lot of players that gotta go.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #431
djnemo65
Playmaker

I'm probably going to catch a lot of flack for this but I'm finding it hard to root for this team going forward. If they are going to be bad I want it to be what President Bush would call a five spiral crash. At least then there might be some significant changes. As long as we keep winning 6-9 games a year as we have been since Spurrier left, they'll keep finding ways to convince themselves they are close. I don't know exactly what the problem is but it seems pretty clear to me that this incarnation of "core Skins" as Gibbs would say are never going to put it together.

Last edited by djnemo65; 09-28-2009 at 07:57 AM.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #432
skins89moss
Playmaker

Now what? Time to get ready for Tampa Bay.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #433
skinsfan69
Living Legend

the bottom line is you can't make huge changes during the season. snyder made his bed so now he has to lie in it. firing zorn at this point would not be the smart thing to do cause he wears so many hats. and you can bench guys but are the players behind the starters better? maybe but probably not. so right now you can't hit the panic buttom. we've got to try and go out and beat TB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #434
Patfisher37
Camp Scrub

O' man that is embarrassing...And it only get's tougher with the Buc's who are 0-3.....What has happened to our Class Organization!

We need for Jack Kent Cooke to resurrect from the dead!

The Old man was a winner! We've got a looser for an owner, who thinks he knows football.

This guy has cursed to organization, for as much as he's wanted to help, he has really brought us down to the dust of the earth.

Lord, we need some divine intervention, please help us!

We need a Miracle!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #435
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Their showing the highlights of the Ravens game. God it kills me to watch it. A second yr Rookie QB making plays. Throwing bombs down field into double coverage and the WR making the play.

Why, why, why do other teams make it look easy to get their WR's the ball? We struggle.
Can you say Cam Cameron? That's why.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote