Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Steelers @ Redskins (Pre season game 2)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #406
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Steelers @ Redskins (Pre season game 2)

PW is 0/5 in the regular season FOR HIS CAREER. he's been out of the NFL for 3 years. he can't throw past 15 yards - we've seen what that does to an offense when the entire defense creeps up on you in past years.

and in the preseason, PW was playing against 4th stringers. grossman was playing 1st/2nd teamers, and grossman's int was on a pass he threw to the right spot, but jordan reed ran the wrong route.

context man, context. those stats don't exist in a vacuum. and i don't get why we have to go through this every year with people blowing up guys as MVPs that won't even have a job in two weeks.

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #407
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
YES. I'll admit that. But I'd still rather have a 3rd string QB who, god forbid, is put in the game is going to give defenses as much difficulty as possible.

RG1: Pass or Hand off.
PW: Pass, Hand off, or Run. Get a concussion. Retire. Sue the league
Fixed it for you.

Pat White was cut by the Virginia Destroyers. Never heard of the Virginia Destroyers... Exactly. Pat White cant even make a minor league team from a now defunct league. No way will he ever do anything against a first team defense.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #408
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Done with what? talking about the formation our team uses or who should be the 3rd string QB?
Done asserting that (1) PW is running the same offense as RGIII; and (2) PW is a legitimate option at QB in the NFL (at any roster depth).

Quote:
... So to me in the grand scheme of things PW is not much different then RG1 but has mobility. Which this team needs at QB to accomplish its goal. Which is why I prefer PW over RG1 as the 3rd string QB.
We are clearly watching different players. I watch PW and see a guy who can't get a ball downfield, has a slow delivery, locks onto receivers and has to have the offense tailored to his specific shortcomings as a passer. Because of those shortcomings, PW simply cannot run Shannahan's base offense (but which Rex can run). In that the Pistol and Read/Option are simply expansions off that base, it is PW who cannot run the offense - not RG.

The mere fact that PW ran a college based run-option game does not make him suited for Shanny's system as you seem to continually assert. As the cited article pointed out, the deep passing game is essential to the offense. If you are physically or mentally incapable of running that (as PW is), you do not belong on this team regardless of how mobile you are.

PW has had one good quarter against 3rd and 4th stringers running a one receiver, bootleg game which effectively cuts the field in half and shortens the game to 20 yards. You cannot play in the NFL if that as your "A Game".

You hate RG - I get it. I am certainly not his biggest fan. At the same time, if we ever need a short-term emergency QB during the season, he is probably the best 3rd string QB on any roster (and, yes, I realize what an indictment of 3rd string QB's that is).
Old 08-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #409
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Who is even watching Pat White play? My god I am in bed by the time that guy takes the field.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #410
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
...What gives anyone the idea Grossman is a better passer? PW had a better passer completion ratio...
The notion that White, a scrub who has been out of the NFL for 3 years, is a better passer than Grossman, who has started a Super Bowl, is absurd at best.

Preseason stats: Grossman has the edge in every stat but completion percentage. And I won't even go into career stats. Edit: And, like ThatGuy said, context is everything; Grossman was playing against better defenses.

Grossman: 20-37, 54.1%, 252 yards, 6.8 yards per attempt, 2 TDs, 1 INT, long of 23, 1 sack, 82.3 QB raring.

White: 8-14, 57.1%, 53 yards, 3.8 yards per attempt, 0 TDs, 1 INT, long of 13, 1 sack, 35.7 QB rating. Grossman>White!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #411
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
So we basically all agree that if Pat White or Rex Grossman have to play during the regular season... The redskins are screwed.
Yes, even though some people feel that there needs to be a long dragged-out debate about this.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #412
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Historically, one of the most telling stats regarding a QB's effectiveness is his YPA stat. PW's 3.8 YPA is beyond horrendous.

I simply cannot wait for PW to be cut so that the insanity he causes in otherwise intelligent Skins fans will end. I am hoping he is in the first 15. No ill-will towards the guy, I wish him the best in life.

Just. Somewhere. Else!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #413
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yes, even though some people feel that there needs to be a long dragged-out debate about this.

^ b/c rex is servicable. ONLY serviceable but he does still have the ability to pull out a win her or there IMO
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #414
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm locking this thread because we shouldn't be subjected to more of this ignorance