Parking Lot

Old 03-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #406
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
10-year-old suspended for making fingers into shape of gun | WTVR.com

What is wrong with our country? A ten year old kid makes a finger gun, like kids do and the response is to suspend? This is totally heavy handed, why not speak to the kid after class and impose some sort of reasonable punishment?

When I was a kid I made the gun finger while playing with kids, later in middle school I did the devil horns while rocking out to Metallica, Ozzy, etc and then by high school I graduated to the shocker symbol when i started dating. Folks we cant punish reasonable finger evolution.
It's like they're trying to put the idea in kid's heads that guns and everything associated with them are bad, yet ignore the fact that owning a gun is perfectly legal and one of the most celebrated rights in our country.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #407
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Worst!

Man Sues McDonald's for $1.5 Million After Not Receiving Enough Napkins

According to TMZ, Webster Lucas was unhappy with his local McDonald's in Pacoima, CA after he received just one napkin. When he asked for more, Lucas claims he was denied. That did not sit well with Lucas, who told the manager on duty, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat." According to Lucas, who is African American, the manager then made a racially-motivated remark, allegedly saying something about "you people."

I hope his arteries clog.
Take stories like this with a grain of salt. Also any person with a couple of bucks and a piece of paper can file a civil complaint.

Do you remember that McDonalds story about how a lady was filling her cup up with ice, spilt her cup, slipped on the ice and then sued and a jury gave her 15 million dollars?

COMPLETELY FAKE and probably intentionally done by an insurance company or defense research institute.

What about the one were a burglary mistakenly locks himself inside someones garage, sues and a jury gives him 5 million?

TOTALLY FAKE.

snopes.com: Stella Awards
https://www.caoc.org/index.cfm?pg=isstort

but the damage is already done. tort reform has seeped in to the minds of the jury. ..... at your expense bc next time you are seriously injured, the jury will be thinking of that burglary case where the guy got millions of dollars ....
Old 03-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #408
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Worst!

I hope his arteries clog.

Guaranteed, he's a McDonald's customer.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #409
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Do you remember that McDonalds story about how a lady was filling her cup up with ice, spilt her cup
<SNIP>

No, but I do recall one woman getting a jackpot because she spilled her coffee and there was no warning. Check your take-out cup now, there's a 'contents may be hot' tag.

Stupid people should be very late term aborted. Who'll decide? Me. I volunteer. If I make a mistake you can switch me off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #410
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Glad there are decent people around to tackle this scumbag:

Minneapolis Man Punches 8-Year-Old Boy In Face, Steals His iPad

Prosecutors filed felony aggravated robbery charges against a 32-year-old Minneapolis man after he was caught on video punching a child in the face and stealing the boy's iPad.

Police in Hennepin County were dispatched Thursday to the intersection of 28th Street and Nicollet Avenue South after a report that a man was being chased by a group of men.

Upon arrival, the police met 32-year-old Aaron Wayne Stillday, who said that men had chased him for no reason. However, police learned that the pursuit began when Stillday punched an 8-year-old boy walking out of daycare and stole his iPad.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #411
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
<SNIP>

No, but I do recall one woman getting a jackpot because she spilled her coffee and there was no warning. Check your take-out cup now, there's a 'contents may be hot' tag.

Stupid people should be very late term aborted. Who'll decide? Me. I volunteer. If I make a mistake you can switch me off.

To be fair, nobody discussed the fact that she had 3rd degree burns in her pelvic region. I know that's the poster child for dumb lawsuits but coffee shouldn't give you 3rd degree burns if you spill it on yourself.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #412
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
To be fair, nobody discussed the fact that she had 3rd degree burns in her pelvic region. I know that's the poster child for dumb lawsuits but coffee shouldn't give you 3rd degree burns if you spill it on yourself.
I thought it was 2nd degree. Damn.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #413
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Reverse psychology?

Westboro Baptist Leader Dying, Relatives Ask for People to Not Protest his Funeral

Old 03-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #414
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
<SNIP>

i believe that mcdonalds had been repeatedly warned and had numerous complaints that their coffee was scolding hot .. and that lady got 3rd degree burns.

just hot coffee doesnt give you 3rd degree burns .. only unreasonably dangerous scolding hot coffee will.

http://harmfuldruginfocenter.files.w...pg?w=300&h=213

I have a jury trial next week against WMATA and instead of the jury focusing on the actual facts of the case they will all decide it based upon the banana video they saw and the planted segments fox news shows about people trying to defraud insurance companies ....

** the pic above is pretty gross but click on it if you think she was served your average cup of hot joe and the woman was just being a nancy
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #415
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i believe that mcdonalds had been repeatedly warned and had numerous complaints that their coffee was scolding hot .. and that lady got 3rd degree burns.

just hot coffee doesnt give you 3rd degree burns .. only unreasonably dangerous scolding hot coffee will.

http://harmfuldruginfocenter.files.w...pg?w=300&h=213

I have a jury trial next week against WMATA and instead of the jury focusing on the actual facts of the case they will all decide it based upon the banana video they saw and the planted segments fox news shows about people trying to defraud insurance companies ....

** the pic above is pretty gross but click on it if you think she was served your average cup of hot joe and the woman was just being a nancy
There is a movie on the Hot Coffee lawsuit. Basically they handed her a cup of lava; it tore her legs and gentails apart.

HOT COFFEE, a documentary feature film
Old 03-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #416
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Here is the wikipedia summary of the case:
Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McD's served the coffee at between 180-190 degrees.
A Keurig coffee maker has a range of 187-192
Quote:
Question Back to top
Can I change the internal temperature of the brewer?
Answer
Several Keurig brewers ... are designed with an adjustable internal brew temperature. ... These brewers allow you to adjust the pre-set temperature of 192°F down by 5 degrees for a temperature range of 187-192°F.
Also, although the multimillion dollar number is always used, ultimately the amount awarded was less then $600K, which when you consider the length of the litigation, and the medical costs involved, probably was in a reasonable ballpark.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #417
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Call me pedantic, but why would you place a cup that close to your 'happy place'?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #418
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

McDonald’s receipt tattoo | WTVR.com

Dafuq?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #419
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Undercover Investigation Finds Disturbing Animal Cruelty At Illegal Slaughterhouse

An investigation by the Animal Recovery Mission and Miami-Dade police revealed gut-wrenching animal abuse at an illegal Florida slaughterhouse. The slaughterhouse’s owner, Raul ‘Freaky’ Fernandez, has been arrested and charged with seven counts of animal abuse.

In disturbing video captured by an undercover cameraman, workers at the slaughterhouse are seen laughing as they brutally stab, shoot, and boil living animals.

“On video surveillance, pigs can be seen being dragged, hook-mouthed through the jaw, at distances of approximately 150 feet, all while the animals remain alive,” Fernandez’s affidavit states.

One section of the footage shows a worker shooting a boar with a small caliber rifle. The pig doesn’t die. The worker then shoves a hook through the pig’s jaw and drags it well over 100 feet while the animal is still live. Next, the employee beats the pig for over three minutes.

The investigation also found that children were forced to watch in horror as the animals were tortured and slaughtered in the most inhumane ways imaginable.

I can't recommend the video. I do hope these people meet a slow, painful death.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #420
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

This is a brave act, hopefully we'll get more with the realization that there are others like him:

Arab atheists inch out of shadows despite persecution in Mideast

Rafat Awad fervently preached Islam at his university, encouraging his fellow students to read the Quran and pray. But throughout, the young Palestinian-born pharmacist had gnawing doubts. The more he tried to resolve them, the more they grew.

Finally he told his parents, both devout Muslims, that he was an atheist. They brought home clerics to talk with him, trying in vain to bring him back to the faith. Finally, they gave up.

“It was the domino effect — you hit the first pin and it keeps on going and going,” Said Awad, 23, who grew up in the United Arab Emirates and lives there. “I thought: It doesn’t make sense anymore. I became a new person then.”

Being openly atheist is an extreme rarity in the Arab world, where the Muslim majority is on the whole deeply conservative. It’s socially tolerated to not be actively religious, to decide not to pray or carry out other acts of faith, or to have secular attitudes. But to outright declare oneself an atheist can lead to ostracism by family and friends, and if too public can draw retaliation from Islamist hard-liners or even authorities.

Still, this tiny minority has taken small steps out of the shadows. Groups on social media networks began to emerge in the mid-2000s. Now, the Arab Spring that began in early 2011 has given a further push: The heady atmosphere of “revolution” with its ideas of greater freedoms of speech and questioning of long-held taboos has encouraged this opening.

One 40-year-old Egyptian engineer, born a Muslim, told The Associated Press he had long been an atheist but kept it a deep secret. The 2011 uprising in Egypt and its calls for radical change encouraged him to look online for others like himself.

“Before the revolution, I was living a life in total solitude. I didn’t know anybody who believed like me,” he said. “Now we have more courage than we used to have.”

His case illustrates the limits on how far an atheist can go. Like most others interviewed by The Associated Press, he spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, harassment or troubles with his family. His “going public” is strictly online.