Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 05:59 PM   #406
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

The more I hear about this, the more it sounds like Trent is just displeased with the Skins. If that's the case we need to be prepared for him to sit out the year, and we need a better backup plan than Ereck Flowers.

Advertisements
Old 07-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #407
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The more I hear about this, the more it sounds like Trent is just displeased with the Skins. If that's the case we need to be prepared for him to sit out the year, and we need a better backup plan than Ereck Flowers.
The backup plan is Geron Christian, who was drafted by the team last year. I would imagine Robinson and potentially Penn, would be his backups.

I am fine with a combination of Christian, Robinson, and Penn as filling the LT void. Not the best option, but this is what the team has to work with.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-28-2019, 06:32 PM   #408
DYoungJelly
The Starter

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...137810946?s=20

It's over?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #409
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Save the rah rah crap about letting his team mates down for the kids.

This is professional football. A business.

The Redskins signed a contract with Mason Foster. They cut him a year early, where is your outrage?

Sports contracts are like any other contact.

They simply hold his NFL rights, nothing more nothing less. In business, contracts are breached every day. The Redskins remedy is to withhold his pay, which they will.

If it's a business, then he should bring his punk ass to TC. Wouldn't that be the professional thing to do? If he wants more money there is a way of going about that. The way he's going about it is disrespectful to this team and the fanbase.

Fuck Mason Foster! We should have got rid of that bum years ago. He's slow as shit and liability in against the run and the pass.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #410
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
If it's a business, then he should bring his punk ass to TC. Wouldn't that be the professional thing to do? If he wants more money there is a way of going about that. The way he's going about it is disrespectful to this team and the fanbase.

Fuck Mason Foster! We should have got rid of that bum years ago. He's slow as shit and liability in against the run and the pass.
Why should he come to training camp?

Because it's the right thing to do? To set a good example? To be a good role model to all the little Jimmys?

Why don't you keep whining and saying the same repetitive drivel over and over. That's usually the best way to establish the validity of your position.

I really can't tell if you're a troll or if you're an...

Old 07-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #411
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...137810946?s=20

It's over?

Isn't just a rehashing of the first reports from several weeks ago?

Honestly, I still have hope that there's nothing here that money can't fix...

Plus, one thought I have is wouldn't trading TW be a very good way to lose an entire locker room in a blink ?
You often hear how players side with their teammates when they're trying to get paid, how they think "if they act like that with him, how will it be with me?"...
Well what will the locker room feel like if the FO can't find common ground with one of their best players, team leader, veteran and anchor of the offense, multiple times Pro Bowler thought to be one of the very best at his position ?

If there's any way Trent can be back, I think this team has to make a legit push to make it happen, or it could end up being even more painful than "simply" losing an elite LT...
Old 07-28-2019, 07:10 PM   #412
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Why is Bruce Allen’s name on every bad story attached to this team? The piece of human shit just needs to go. It’s well past that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #413
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I need to hear it from a better source than JLC that he's done with the team.

If he is done with the team time to sell.

It's pretty embarrassing that this could be how it ends with probably the best player on this team for the last decade.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #414
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I need to hear it from a better source than JLC that he's done with the team.

If he is done with the team time to sell.

It's pretty embarrassing that this could be how it ends with probably the best player on this team for the last decade.

Yup. Another botched situation in a loooooooong line of them by this front office. Don’t worry. Bruce Allen knows the “truth”. He’s got it all under control. We’re in good hands with “Bruce and the Bozos”

Old 07-28-2019, 08:35 PM   #415
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Why is Bruce Allen’s name on every bad story attached to this team? The piece of human shit just needs to go. It’s well past that time.

Well part of it is the same people who write the negative stories also hate Snyder and Allen so its pretty simple to write a cookie cutter article saying how bad the FO office is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 07:27 AM   #416
WillH
The Starter

So, as of now, TW has said nothing. The only thing he has done, is not show up. Granted the are stories that may or may not come from his camp.

If TW wanted to move on, I see no advantage in staying completely silent. TW himself may not be one to do that, but it would be to his advantage for his agent to come right out and say it. Despite JLC story, there has been no formal trade request. If he only wanted out to DC that would already have happened.

It sounds like he's upset bc the medical staff said he could wait until after the season to address the scalp issue and then he got a real scare. Who knows if anyone is in the wrong here, but either way he got shook. So now he wants some more insurance (in the form of monetary compensation likely). He's a team guy, so rather than start a big controversy and likely get moved from the team, he's just staying quiet in the media, he let his camp leak an inkling of what got him upset, and otherwise is letting his absence talk.

Redskins aren't budging it seems. Which could prove problematic. If they let him stay upset, it could cause conflict between the most respected player in the locker room and the FO. Hopefully they make some gesture that makes him feel heard, because it sounds like that is part of this.

Most likely he'll play come week 1. The question that has me most concerned is will he come back happy or disenfranchised?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 07:47 AM   #417
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

What happened to the big dude hates training camp and feels like he doesn't need it angle? Maybe he is just using this as an excuse to enjoy his air conditioned house and swimming pool a while longer. It may have been 40 years since I played football in High School and College but I will venture a guess the guys in the 300 pound range hate summer practice. Unless something has changed everybody did the same conditioning drills, including sprints, running laps, and the ropes, etc. Of course the big guys were given more time, but they still had to do them.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:55 AM   #418
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Michael Thomas , Zeke , TW, Melvin Gordon.. All absent. It happens everywhere, the only reason it's a big story is because it's the Redskins.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:09 AM   #419
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What happened to the big dude hates training camp and feels like he doesn't need it angle? Maybe he is just using this as an excuse to enjoy his air conditioned house and swimming pool a while longer. It may have been 40 years since I played football in High School and College but I will venture a guess the guys in the 300 pound range hate summer practice. Unless something has changed everybody did the same conditioning drills, including sprints, running laps, and the ropes, etc. Of course the big guys were given more time, but they still had to do them.
So what if all of the 0-line felt they don't need camp? Or all the guys that were 300 plus skipped camp? What he's doing imo is total BS. If you have an issue w/ the medical staff then you take it up w/ management. Get your ass out there w/ your teammates.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #420
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

He’s home smoking weed.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Closed Thread