Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-05-2020, 12:48 PM   #406
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I would hope we can all agree on that but Chico seems to handling their defense pro-bono.

Ironic how people choose to use flags and imagery of nazi Germany to protest their freedom being restricted.
shhhhhhhhhhhh, chico might hear you.

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2020, 01:49 PM   #407
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I think it was the guy's way of protesting being told to wear a mask. Obviously in poor taste.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #408
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m not defending the tactics, I’m just pointing out the same exact tactics used by both sides period. What SS is trying to do is trying to excuse one side versus the others...you have to think objectively and not be tribal about it. If your gonna parse out that one person, with that one slogan and then paint the entire movement of people wanting to get back to work to feed families, pay rent, etc....that’s simply not being intellectually honest.
I think SS was in no way trying to compare all people who want to get back to work to Nazis. It's embarrassing that we even have to have this discussion. And btw, you do the same shit. One far-left ignoramus opens their mouth and you juxtapose it to think all the libs are on board with the cause. We're all aware that all Republicans aren't Nazi's, but I'm damn sure willing to bet all Nazi's vote Republican. That's why Trump uses language like "fine people on both sides", because he wants the vote, even if the person casting it prefers a white-ethnostate.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #409
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Here's the Rona watching the US re-open
I like this one better:

Old 05-05-2020, 10:16 PM   #410
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think SS was in no way trying to compare all people who want to get back to work to Nazis. It's embarrassing that we even have to have this discussion. And btw, you do the same shit. One far-left ignoramus opens their mouth and you juxtapose it to think all the libs are on board with the cause. We're all aware that all Republicans aren't Nazi's, but I'm damn sure willing to bet all Nazi's vote Republican. That's why Trump uses language like "fine people on both sides", because he wants the vote, even if the person casting it prefers a white-ethnostate.
.000000000001 % of the population who want some white ethnostate, something that’s never been or ever will be,...how is that going? Not so well, right?

But on the other hand, you have a mayor of the largest city in the country and sitting Congress people who are anti Semitics, have ties with anti Semitics movements, making anti Jewish statements...it seems like to me those people in actual positions of power and whose views fall more in line with actual Nazis you would have a problem with?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:58 AM   #411
Giantone
Gamebreaker

chico, your agenda of hate is running deep ,you need to see someone.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:45 AM   #412
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
chico, your agenda of hate is running deep ,you need to see someone.
Lol...no hate here...but I think Mooby and I have had these same rabbit hole arguments several times.

He Gets Us
Old 05-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #413
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s just important to remember the people dividing the country who have prominent platforms are far from the moral the authority about anything with the real people who live in this country. Kimmel doesn’t have to feed a family with ramen noodles or negotiate rent bc they can’t work. Kimmel doesn’t understand that people who are suffering with cancer can’t get in home care because of the severe risk of catching the virus.
Evidently Kimmel gets it, your tangerine wacko in the WH doesn't.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/kimme...084130920.html
Old 05-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #414
MTK
\m/

Democratic senators propose $2,000 monthly payments to most Americans
Old 05-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #415
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I would love it but I think McConnell and co. would rather shoot Kamala Harris in the face and go out on death row then even think about agreeing to that.

Giving money to idiot poor people? Vs. giving it to corporations who pour it back into the economy via stock buybacks and executive bonuses? Who came up with that dipshit idea?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:43 PM   #416
SunnySide
Playmaker

I still haven’t got my first check. Went with a new accountant this year and he paper filed vs e filed and put my address as 6710 instead of 6701. I got my fed and state refund as the mail person put it in my mailbox and not 6710 ... but now I’m not sure the mail person caught the mistake this time around.

What sucks is if that check never appears I highly doubt there’s a place to request a replacement check.

Fuck this new accountant. Sorry for the language.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #417
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I still haven’t got my first check. Went with a new accountant this year and he paper filed vs e filed and put my address as 6710 instead of 6701. I got my fed and state refund as the mail person put it in my mailbox and not 6710 ... but now I’m not sure the mail person caught the mistake this time around.

What sucks is if that check never appears I highly doubt there’s a place to request a replacement check.

Fuck this new accountant. Sorry for the language.
Be polite to him until there's no need to be. Put it on him, and if he can't do anything go to the IRS. There has to be a hotline or something you can call, it's not like you're the only one missing a check.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #418
SunnySide
Playmaker

I’m going to give the irs website my direct deposit information ... which seems a bit shady tbh. I’m sure the Chinese govt has that hacked.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #419
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I’m going to give the irs website my direct deposit information ... which seems a bit shady tbh. I’m sure the Chinese govt has that hacked.
You're not wrong lol. Gov't IT security infrastructure always seems to be a step or two behind the hackers.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:36 AM   #420
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I would say yes but only to people or households where a job has been loss or furloughed. That money then would work to reduce/eliminate unemployment benefits paid by the state to ease those budgets. Essentially that is the bailout works twofold. It doesn’t make sense to hand out money to people who haven’t been financially impacted...I want my tax money to go to those in need, not just handed out to people who don’t. Also I don’t want my tax money to go to people who just to collect unemployment and not return to work as jobs return either.

He Gets Us