Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs. Jaguars Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #406
hesscl34

Re: Redskins vs. Jaguars Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The announcers last night sure made it sound like Colt is Zorn's handpicked guy.
They certainly did.. We should all prepare for Colt Brennan mania, because it's only a matter of time....
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #407
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think starting the season on PUP is likely for Kelly, unless his knee is seriously f'd up. Hopefully he just needs some rest and more rehab.
This is an excellent observation.
This would mean he wouldn't play until week 6..and that isn't gunna happen anyways.

The way I see it, here is the depth chart for WR in terms of reliablity right now:
Moss
ARE
Thrash
McMullen
Mann
Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly

Obviously they are not going to carry 7 wideouts, nor are they going to cut our 2 draft picks, nor, in my opinon, can they risk only the top 3 vets and the rookies since they either suck or are injured.

So, if they dont put Kelly on the PUP list, they will likely keep McMullen as insurance as he has some experience and has shown 3rd down receiver capability....the difficult point is Mann is right there with him.
So putting Kelly on the PUP gives the skins the opportunity to keep both McMullen and Mann on the roster, then when he comes back they can keep the best of the 2.
If McMullen is better, they can drop Mann to the practice squad, otherwise they cut McMullen (I dont think he is eligible for PS)

To me....that sounds like a "plan"....perhaps the same one Zorn was referring to....

Good observation Matty

Last edited by skinsnut; 08-29-2008 at 11:17 AM.
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #408
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Did Kelly start training camp on the active roster, I don't remember. Also, Mann is not eligible for the PS.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #409
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did Kelly start training camp on the active roster, I don't remember. Also, Mann is not eligible for the PS.
why is Mann not eligible?
Hes in his first year.
I think it is McMullen that is not eligible
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #410
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
why is Mann not eligible?
Hes in his first year.
I think it is McMullen that is not eligible
Mann was drafted by the Bengals in 2004, and he's already served two seasons on practice squads.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #411
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I just want to point out that Chad Johnson, sorry Chad Ocho Cinco, is playing with a torn labrum so who knows how he will be. Javon Walker was stinking it up in preseason and was way, way down the depth chart and only caught a break because Drew Carter is out for the year. Ditto Bryant Johnson who, as recently as last week was actually 5th on the depth chart as he's battled injuries. DJ Hackett, as usual, has been hurt all preseason and is wasting a chance to start with Steve Smith out a couple of games.

So it's not all cotton candy and lollipops out in veteran WR land either. Just sayin.
True, but our rookies WRs have been hurt AND they can't contribute to the offense, nor will they be able to contribute once they return from their injury (well I'm talking about Kelly). I just made that comment b/c I don't know why any of us (including me) thought that our issues at WR were addressed when we got Kelly and Thomas.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #412
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
True, but our rookies WRs have been hurt AND they can't contribute to the offense, nor will they be able to contribute once they return from their injury (well I'm talking about Kelly). I just made that comment b/c I don't know why any of us (including me) thought that our issues at WR were addressed when we got Kelly and Thomas.
Understood. I just wanted to make the point that it doesn't mean our problems would have been solved with a veteran, and they would have cost more-both in dollars and possibly draft picks.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #413
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
They certainly did.. We should all prepare for Colt Brennan mania, because it's only a matter of time....
All prepare for Colt Brennan mania? It's here in full force. It's nothing new; it seems like each year the Washington faithful go through this "but....but....but the backup is better" drama/bs. I'm so tired of it. I swear, some people actually want to see JC fail.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #414
memphisskin
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
^^^ yeah firstdown my thoughts exactly about JC. I am just surprised it seems he still has the same bad mechanics since we drafted him. Holding the ball low, takes a big wind up to throw it, doesnt seem to have the mental IQ to read and pick apart defenses. JC does have alot of positives aswell but he might be years away from "it" clicking in his head. Ive said this before and noone has bit on it yet but . . if zorn doesnt feel confident with JC after this year, does he get to handpick his own qb next offseason giving campbell 1 more year to show us he is elite while zorns qb develops? in this league i dont think you can be complacent with average at qb.

go skins!
I think you're way off base on the mental IQ part. Unless you're picking up something on your tv set that has escaped Gibbs (3 diff SB winning qbs), Cerrato (cut his teeth around Young, Montana), and now Zorn (Hasselbeck). It's football, he's a qb, he and Zorn will figure it out.

There is no way to tell if a qb will be average or not. Top three qbs in the league right now, 1 was the #1 overall pick, 1 was a 6th rounder, the other wasn't drafted at all. There is no magic formula, only gut feelings, educated guesses, and taking a chance and believing in your guy. If you don't believe in Jason Campbell, that's your choice. But can we at least let the season play out before we bury Campbell please?

HTTR
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #415
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin View Post
I think you're way off base on the mental IQ part. Unless you're picking up something on your tv set that has escaped Gibbs (3 diff SB winning qbs), Cerrato (cut his teeth around Young, Montana), and now Zorn (Hasselbeck). It's football, he's a qb, he and Zorn will figure it out.

There is no way to tell if a qb will be average or not. Top three qbs in the league right now, 1 was the #1 overall pick, 1 was a 6th rounder, the other wasn't drafted at all. There is no magic formula, only gut feelings, educated guesses, and taking a chance and believing in your guy. If you don't believe in Jason Campbell, that's your choice. But can we at least let the season play out before we bury Campbell please?

HTTR
I think Campbell deserves another year...so meaning this upcoming season. However, for those of you out there that are crazy about Colt, whenever you start with a new QB ur in rebuilding mode. And after this year, if JC doesn't work out, then we are going to need to rebuild, since a number of veteran players will prob be done after this year (i.e. Jensen, Washington, etc., etc.)
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #416
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I must admit I'm starting to come around on Colt. I didn't think he could play on this level and so far he has proved me worng.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #417
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I must admit I'm starting to come around on Colt. I didn't think he could play on this level and so far he has proved me worng.
Colt has a ton of confidence.... unlike JC who I think really is fighting to find it. Which is not totally his fault considering the different systems he's had to learn.
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #418
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Colt Brennan has nothing to lose. He knows he's got the 3rd string all sewn up, so he's out there slinging the ball against 3rd stringer and guys who won't have a job come Monday.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #419
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
All prepare for Colt Brennan mania? It's here in full force. It's nothing new; it seems like each year the Washington faithful go through this "but....but....but the backup is better" drama/bs. I'm so tired of it. I swear, some people actually want to see JC fail.
Yup. It's a popular pass time in DC.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #420
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

Jason Campbell is our Quarterback! End of story.