Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Winning

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #406
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Winning

Let's be honest Punch, Trump's shit-flinging, making up dumb names for his opponents, and ignoring his own hypocrisies while making debates look like they came straight out of Idiocracy has been successful so far. If his opponents make it about politics or try to be polite while pointing out his flaws they will lose. His base eats up that shit for breakfast.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #407
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

More I read about Howard Schultz...the more I like

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #408
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Let's be honest Punch, Trump's shit-flinging, making up dumb names for his opponents, and ignoring his own hypocrisies while making debates look like they came straight out of Idiocracy has been successful so far. If his opponents make it about politics or try to be polite while pointing out his flaws they will lose. His base eats up that shit for breakfast.
Yup but the sad thing is the trump base/cult in turn does the same thing and when they do it ,they fail.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:41 AM   #409
Giantone
Gamebreaker

more winning.................Foxconn

https://madison.com/wsj/business/fox...5dfd95dc8.html

Instead of manufacturing the TVs in the U.S., Woo told Reuters it would be more profitable to make them in China and Japan, assemble them in Mexico and import them to the U.S.

“In Wisconsin we’re not building a factory,” Woo told Reuters. “You can’t use a factory to view our Wisconsin investment.”

Foxconn chairman Terry Gou has previously said the company plans to replace 80 percent of its workers with robots in the next five to 10 years.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:31 AM   #410
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Im starting to love Howard Schultz:

Schultz: " I'm not a Democrat, I don't affiliate myself with the Democratic Party, whose so far left, who basically wants the government to take over a health care which we cannot afford. The government to give free college to everybody and the government to give everyone a job which basically is 40 trillion dollars on the balance sheet of 21 and a half trillion dollars, we can't afford it. What can we do, what we need is comprehensive tax reform, what we need is sensible solutions to immigration, all of these things cannot happen under the current environment. Now I've also been criticized for being a billionaire, let's talk about that. I'm self-made! I grew up in the projects in Brooklyn, New York. I thought that was the American dream, the aspiration of America . You're gonna criticize me for being successful?"

Yes, yes. I'm not gonna criticize you for being successful, but the Democrats will criticize you for being successful because the left gets everything backwards. We've talked about this for weeks now on the show, it's become clearer every day. To a large portion of America being a self-made billionaire is not the dream, for a large portion of America — to the left — the American dream is to be the most aggrieved, it is to be the biggest victim, to check off all the victimhood boxes, that is the dream, that is what people are trying to do now. There are a lot of people who were born into immense privilege who pretend that they weren't. A great example of this is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She grew up in a nicer town than I did, she grew up right next door to where I did, a very affluent county, one of the richest in the country. She grew up there from the age of five all the way up through college. She attended a private college, according to her voting records she lived in ritzy Northern Westchester until just two years ago, and what does she do? She pretends she's Jenny from the block. It's not my phrase, she tweets it out she says “I'm still I'm still Alex from the Bronx.” She's pretending that she's had a worse upbringing, a worse education, a more difficult aggrieved experience of life than she has because people are ashamed on the left of success and privilege, and so they even flip humility and modesty.

nailed it

He Gets Us
Old 01-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #411
MTK
\m/

Not another business guy, please
Old 01-31-2019, 01:57 PM   #412
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Im starting to love Howard Schultz:

Schultz: " I'm not a Democrat, I don't affiliate myself with the Democratic Party, whose so far left, who basically wants the government to take over a health care which we cannot afford. The government to give free college to everybody and the government to give everyone a job which basically is 40 trillion dollars on the balance sheet of 21 and a half trillion dollars, we can't afford it. What can we do, what we need is comprehensive tax reform, what we need is sensible solutions to immigration, all of these things cannot happen under the current environment. Now I've also been criticized for being a billionaire, let's talk about that. I'm self-made! I grew up in the projects in Brooklyn, New York. I thought that was the American dream, the aspiration of America . You're gonna criticize me for being successful?"

Yes, yes. I'm not gonna criticize you for being successful, but the Democrats will criticize you for being successful because the left gets everything backwards. We've talked about this for weeks now on the show, it's become clearer every day. To a large portion of America being a self-made billionaire is not the dream, for a large portion of America — to the left — the American dream is to be the most aggrieved, it is to be the biggest victim, to check off all the victimhood boxes, that is the dream, that is what people are trying to do now. There are a lot of people who were born into immense privilege who pretend that they weren't. A great example of this is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She grew up in a nicer town than I did, she grew up right next door to where I did, a very affluent county, one of the richest in the country. She grew up there from the age of five all the way up through college. She attended a private college, according to her voting records she lived in ritzy Northern Westchester until just two years ago, and what does she do? She pretends she's Jenny from the block. It's not my phrase, she tweets it out she says “I'm still I'm still Alex from the Bronx.” She's pretending that she's had a worse upbringing, a worse education, a more difficult aggrieved experience of life than she has because people are ashamed on the left of success and privilege, and so they even flip humility and modesty.

nailed it
Chico, your bias is showing..................again/still.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #413
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
lol my bias for life long democrat Schultz bring logical arguments to problems facing this country? I think Schultz nails the false narrative emerging within the democratic party....hence why everyone is running in fear and are triggered. He's good...and logic is a problem with the Democratic party right now.

Reactions to Howard Schultz could make case for Howard Schultz

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/note...ry?id=60729686

He Gets Us
Old 01-31-2019, 02:14 PM   #414
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Not another business guy, please
Because all the politicians up until Trump got elected have done such a great job? Politicians get rich being politicians, they're in business too, at our expense.

Don't like the idea of solely excluding someone because of their background. If a businessman/woman is the best candidate he/she should win.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:15 PM   #415
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is an easy game:

Giantone, your bias is showing..................again/still.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #416
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Because all the politicians up until Trump got elected have done such a great job? Politicians get rich being politicians, they're in business too, at our expense.

Don't like the idea of solely excluding someone because of their background. If a businessman/woman is the best candidate he/she should win.
trump has proven you can't run a Country like you do a business . We will all wait while you find anyone here who has said that the Politicians are great and never eff up. trump has proven you can't have a business man run a country like a business like the latest goverment shut down.trump is use to not paying his contractors and walking away from things.A President a good one any way can't do that.

You don't think trump is making money while being president , he has showed more concern for his daughter's business dealings with China then doing what is right for Americans.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:46 PM   #417
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Politicians have proven to me that you can't run the country like a politician. See 21 trillion in debt, the deadlocks, the petulant arguing, see all the pork, waste, and kickbacks. This list can go on forever. And I'm talking about both sides long before Trump got elected.

If another business person is elected, that doesn't mean they would do exactly the same as Trump.

Excluding possible candidates before even hearing their ideas just because they are in the private sector doesn't seem right to me.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:46 PM   #418
MTK
\m/

Quote:

I just want someone who understands how gov’t works and doesn’t have super sketchy conflicts of interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2019, 11:08 PM   #419
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I just want someone who understands how gov’t works and doesn’t have super sketchy conflicts of interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want someone that can learn to adjust to how government works but also has a business sense too. If the federal government was a real company it wouldn't exist anymore. Government and the politicians that run it continue to get rich, and don't have to make decisions like the rest of us, and they can just vote to confiscate and waste our money.

I guess I trust business people more than politicians as a whole, because businesses typically have to offer something that people want, and manage money successfully, if they want to stay around.

That is not to say that there aren't a lot of shitty shady business people too. And I agree 100% that conflict of interests have to be avoided.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:03 AM   #420
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I want someone that can learn to adjust to how government works but also has a business sense too. If the federal government was a real company it wouldn't exist anymore. Government and the politicians that run it continue to get rich, and don't have to make decisions like the rest of us, and they can just vote to confiscate and waste our money.

I guess I trust business people more than politicians as a whole, because businesses typically have to offer something that people want, and manage money successfully, if they want to stay around.

That is not to say that there aren't a lot of shitty shady business people too. And I agree 100% that conflict of interests have to be avoided.
Have you heard of this guy Donald Trump?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote