Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Parking Lot

Old 02-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Good to see some justice served today. Sad one of the guys doesn't even give a damn, and it didn't set well with the judge. Doubled his sentence to 8 years.

Judge Sentences "Complete Cowards" in Giants Fan Assault | NBC Southern California
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Profane Burger King receipt moves Richmond grandmother to tears | WTVR.com

poor grandma

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Easy fix though. The jerk that did it should be terminated IMMEDIATELY and they should hook her up with a free meal to welcome her back. If she's a long-time customer, she should go back. It was one person, not the whole restaurant.

Stunts like this and taking a bath in the sink are why fast food workers get a bad name. Many are hard-working people just trying to make it but the real idiots among them hurt everyone.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Source:

Maps That Will Blow Your Mind - Likes
Old 03-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

This should be covered under Obamacare for all women:

California Woman Transforming Herself Into A “Human Barbie” Is Undergoing Hypnotherapy To Lower Her IQ

A California woman who describes herself as Barbie-obsessed says she uses hypnotherapy sessions in the hopes that it will decrease her IQ.

“I just want to be the ultimate Barbie. I actually want to be brainless,” Blondie Bennett, 38, told Barcroft TV. “I don’t like being human, if that makes sense… Natural is boring… I would love to be like, completely plastic.”

Bennett has had five breast augmentations and other procedures in the hopes of attaining her goal. But now she says she’s undergoing hypnotherapy sessions two-to-three times a week in order to dumb down her thoughts.

She says it’s working. “I’ve had 20 sessions and I’m already starting to feel ditzy and confused all the time.”

Kidding!
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Can't get any better than this kid:

The ‘Incredible’ Thing an 8-Year-Old Boy Did for a Soldier Will Be Remembered For a ‘Lifetime’ | TheBlaze.com
Old 03-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

10-year-old suspended for making fingers into shape of gun | WTVR.com

What is wrong with our country? A ten year old kid makes a finger gun, like kids do and the response is to suspend? This is totally heavy handed, why not speak to the kid after class and impose some sort of reasonable punishment?

When I was a kid I made the gun finger while playing with kids, later in middle school I did the devil horns while rocking out to Metallica, Ozzy, etc and then by high school I graduated to the shocker symbol when i started dating. Folks we cant punish reasonable finger evolution.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
10-year-old suspended for making fingers into shape of gun | WTVR.com

What is wrong with our country? A ten year old kid makes a finger gun, like kids do and the response is to suspend? This is totally heavy handed, why not speak to the kid after class and impose some sort of reasonable punishment?

When I was a kid I made the gun finger while playing with kids, later in middle school I did the devil horns while rocking out to Metallica, Ozzy, etc and then by high school I graduated to the shocker symbol when i started dating. Folks we cant punish reasonable finger evolution.
It's like they're trying to put the idea in kid's heads that guns and everything associated with them are bad, yet ignore the fact that owning a gun is perfectly legal and one of the most celebrated rights in our country.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Best!

Marathon Runners Spontaneously Detour Race To Thank World War II Veteran - YouTube
Old 03-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #10
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Worst!

Man Sues McDonald's for $1.5 Million After Not Receiving Enough Napkins

According to TMZ, Webster Lucas was unhappy with his local McDonald's in Pacoima, CA after he received just one napkin. When he asked for more, Lucas claims he was denied. That did not sit well with Lucas, who told the manager on duty, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat." According to Lucas, who is African American, the manager then made a racially-motivated remark, allegedly saying something about "you people."

I hope his arteries clog.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Worst!

Man Sues McDonald's for $1.5 Million After Not Receiving Enough Napkins

According to TMZ, Webster Lucas was unhappy with his local McDonald's in Pacoima, CA after he received just one napkin. When he asked for more, Lucas claims he was denied. That did not sit well with Lucas, who told the manager on duty, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat." According to Lucas, who is African American, the manager then made a racially-motivated remark, allegedly saying something about "you people."

Take stories like this with a grain of salt. Also any person with a couple of bucks and a piece of paper can file a civil complaint.

Do you remember that McDonalds story about how a lady was filling her cup up with ice, spilt her cup, slipped on the ice and then sued and a jury gave her 15 million dollars?

COMPLETELY FAKE and probably intentionally done by an insurance company or defense research institute.

What about the one were a burglary mistakenly locks himself inside someones garage, sues and a jury gives him 5 million?

TOTALLY FAKE.

snopes.com: Stella Awards
https://www.caoc.org/index.cfm?pg=isstort

but the damage is already done. tort reform has seeped in to the minds of the jury. ..... at your expense bc next time you are seriously injured, the jury will be thinking of that burglary case where the guy got millions of dollars ....
Old 03-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Worst!

Guaranteed, he's a McDonald's customer.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #13
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Do you remember that McDonalds story about how a lady was filling her cup up with ice, spilt her cup
<SNIP>

No, but I do recall one woman getting a jackpot because she spilled her coffee and there was no warning. Check your take-out cup now, there's a 'contents may be hot' tag.

Stupid people should be very late term aborted. Who'll decide? Me. I volunteer. If I make a mistake you can switch me off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
<SNIP>

No, but I do recall one woman getting a jackpot because she spilled her coffee and there was no warning. Check your take-out cup now, there's a 'contents may be hot' tag.

Stupid people should be very late term aborted. Who'll decide? Me. I volunteer. If I make a mistake you can switch me off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
To be fair, nobody discussed the fact that she had 3rd degree burns in her pelvic region. I know that's the poster child for dumb lawsuits but coffee shouldn't give you 3rd degree burns if you spill it on yourself.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #15
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
To be fair, nobody discussed the fact that she had 3rd degree burns in her pelvic region. I know that's the poster child for dumb lawsuits but coffee shouldn't give you 3rd degree burns if you spill it on yourself.
I thought it was 2nd degree. Damn.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote