Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 04-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #391
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Interesting article about the beefed up unemployment benefits. A lot of people making more by not working:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pai...ts-on-steroids

Tough situation because people legit need help. But also don't want people quitting their jobs because they get more not working. Posting here because its not party centric. Just an overall article about the benefits.
Typically you need to be laid off to receive unemployment but I read that in the stimulus package, if you certify you had to quit bc of the coronavirus (stay home and take care of kid, etc) ... you qualify.

-------------------------

Maryland is second to only NY/NJ in new cases for the past 24 hours.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Advertisements
Old 04-10-2020, 12:29 PM   #392
jamf
Pro Bowl

https://abc7news.com/herd-immunity-c...nford/6092432/

Not sure I'm buying this but I did get hit hard by the flu in December. First time visiting urgent care in many years.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #393
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
https://abc7news.com/herd-immunity-c...nford/6092432/

Not sure I'm buying this but I did get hit hard by the flu in December. First time visiting urgent care in many years.
Herd immunity makes sense but ... Ive read several articles on people getting re-infected with corona. I thought you might be better off being exposed to it a month ago when the hospitals were not stacked and supplies like ventilators are availlable vs a month from now.

Reported there are two strains or one strain and it depends on how much you are exposed to the infection.

Also, the accuracy of the tests are not 100% reliable. They dont know if people got a false positive for corona the first time around, recover, think they are okay but then really get corona and test positive. Did that person just get coronoa twice or was it a false positive followed by a true positive?

----------------------------

mini series tv show idea ---- people who got corona and recovered are given id cards and are now able to do what they want.

Travel the world on super discounted airfare, penthouse suites are super cheap, drive 120 mph on the highway, bars and clubs and restaurants would be open and everyone who works there and all patrons are corona immune so they live life like they are the last 2 percent left on the earth.

rent a lambourghini for cheap .... rage and live like a rich guy.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #394
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is scary as shit!......................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 04-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #395
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

It must have been a week or a little more since I last went to the shopping center that has the Food Lion, Subway, Dominos, and ABC Store. I was just going to the pet store. Things sure have changed. I would say 85%+ of the shoppers had masks on and half of those people had gloves. The last time I was there only a scattered few had those items on. Most the people wearing gloves might as well not have them on as they end up touching them with their bare skin when removing them. I am not wearing that stuff, I will just stay out of sneezing distance and keep my hands washed. Does bleach kill the Corona-virus?
I bought a food and water bowl combo for my cat. I sprayed it with bleach and rinsed it off with hot water. I will probably just leave it in the dish rack for a few days.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:45 AM   #396
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
It must have been a week or a little more since I last went to the shopping center that has the Food Lion, Subway, Dominos, and ABC Store. I was just going to the pet store. Things sure have changed. I would say 85%+ of the shoppers had masks on and half of those people had gloves. The last time I was there only a scattered few had those items on. Most the people wearing gloves might as well not have them on as they end up touching them with their bare skin when removing them. I am not wearing that stuff, I will just stay out of sneezing distance and keep my hands washed. Does bleach kill the Corona-virus?
I bought a food and water bowl combo for my cat. I sprayed it with bleach and rinsed it off with hot water. I will probably just leave it in the dish rack for a few days.
Yes bleach solution will kill it but you need to spray it and leave it there for five minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.

Running it through the dishwasher should also kill it though. Soap breaks down the lipid layer - dish detergent would do it.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #397
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Passed by a local park yesterday, I swear the parking lot was more full than it's ever been. Guess people think being active and healthy mitigates the virus.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #398
MTK
\m/

Coronavirus (non political)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-party-for-30/

Dak hosts party of 30 for his bday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #399
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-party-for-30/

Dak hosts party of 30 for his bday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah...not good. Of course the Ewok was there looting the buffet table:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/11/dak-p...at-home-texas/

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #400
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I'm done with the political threads. This article is from a finance guy on yahoo's finance. I found it a good read, that lays out numerically the virus' spread rate, and where we stand him now.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/1...204833052.html
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #401
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Passed by a local park yesterday, I swear the parking lot was more full than it's ever been. Guess people think being active and healthy mitigates the virus.
I walk my dogs every day at local parks. There are definitely more people but as far as I see, everyone is keeping far more than the 6' distance apart from other families.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #402
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I walk my dogs every day at local parks. There are definitely more people but as far as I see, everyone is keeping far more than the 6' distance apart from other families.
85% of the people in public now have masks on where I am at and half of those have gloves, how about your area?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:45 PM   #403
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Lots of people with masks around here, but people still rolling out with their extended families of like 7-8. Don't get it.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #404
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I walk my dog religiously at a big park where I stay...last Sunday multiple bbq and gatherings going on at it. Idiots.

I have limited my store visits...and small businesses are mostly closed. But I have an n95 mask I use for yardwork, sanding, etc....I said I wouldn’t be “those” people, but I’ve been rocking a mask this past week on a couple groceries run and a trip to fucking Lowe’s where I’ve been just dumping money off at routinely

Is everyone doing the mask thing?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #405
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Yeah, I mean why not? Easy to do, and if god forbid, we have it and are asymptomatic, I'd rather not spread it on.