The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-16-2023, 10:19 PM   #1
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
seriously i swear half the people on here are such dreamers; when the hot girl in high school made accidently eye contact with them they thought they were going be prom dates

i say sam howells ceiling is a andy dalton clone
Maybe some, but winners, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Sam: Carla was the prom queen.

Give the kid time ya Debbie downer.. and please... give em more time than our o line does
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:06 PM   #2
rocnrik
Playmaker

Some of you are secret Dallas fans trolling here and spreading your propaganda against Sam ..😀😀… NEWS FLASH!!!! The QB that YOU think will be the man probably won’t .. so instead of living in a fantasy land I’ll take the QB we landed in the late round that right now would be a first rounder or at worst 2cnd … SO keep on telling us Sam ain’t the one .. by the way your Boys are getting ready to play the chargers …
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:39 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player

Howell stats very solid among other QBs

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 10:33 PM   #4
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

But he sucks!! Those are fake numbers!! Carson Wentz is hands down a better QB, blah, blah, fucking blah!!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 07:21 AM   #5
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

The filter on that web page was set to total yards , which again is skewed by the CHI game , when the Bears sat in prevent and Sam throw nearly 400 meaningless yards in a blow out.

Click QBR he is ranked 20th which is probably about right , he is the 20th best QB out of 32.

He is not bad but he is not anything special either to this point.

Remember next year most likely a whole new coaching. Is that coaching staff really going to want to hook their wagon to SH?

Old 10-16-2023, 09:53 PM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Sam Howell Thread

“With 109 yards through the air in the first half on Sunday, Howell became the passing yards leader in franchise history for the Commanders through seven starts, the team announced. “

4-3 as a starter on a team whose defense has underperformed for most of those starts and an absolutely sub par oline.

Id definitely go to the prom with that mother fucker.

This team has mad holes
TE
Run game
Oline
LB
HC
DC
Our rookie quarterback (7 games, 6 with an actual offseason as the number 1) is definitely on the list of positives. It is mind numbing after decades of piss poor revolving door quarterback play that Sam is not a breath of fresh air to some people.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 10:42 PM   #7
Meks
Pro Bowl

The stats won't ever matter til we have a real team and real leadership that isn't still coaching a team in the early 2000s.

Praying for that for next year and keeping Sam to see what he and this team can be capable with some nice additions and a better staff. The wins are all that matters but even commenting on his "ceiling" is just baseless chatter of a disgruntled fan. Can't blame the frustration but will blame the finger pointing b/c it's in the wrong direction and way premature, like those prom plans that he prolly spent a week planning only to get shut down. Like I said, disgruntled 🤷
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 10-16-2023, 11:04 PM   #8
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
The stats won't ever matter til we have a real team and real leadership that isn't still coaching a team in the early 2000s.

Praying for that for next year and keeping Sam to see what he and this team can be capable with some nice additions and a better staff. The wins are all that matters but even commenting on his "ceiling" is just baseless chatter of a disgruntled fan. Can't blame the frustration but will blame the finger pointing b/c it's in the wrong direction and way premature, like those prom plans that he prolly spent a week planning only to get shut down. Like I said, disgruntled 🤷
You are throwing in the towel for this year? How about a little faith? This isn’t the 0-6 panthers.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 11:26 PM   #9
Meks
Pro Bowl

Nah I don't quit until it's mathematical man lol, think you're just missing or I wasn't clear enough in the way of this being directed at the previous Andy dalton ceiling comment. Less to do with this season but also including some thoughts on it.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 10-17-2023, 01:55 AM   #10
calia
Playmaker

I just hope Sam survives. Way too many sacks. There have been some good QBs who were drilled too often and never really recovered and had good careers or whose promising careers were cut short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2023, 04:15 AM   #11
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I'm not wearing rose tinted glasses when I say this; for the first time in years, early season form suggests QB is not our biggest problem. Hell, it might not be a problem at all. We have so many bigger problems, starting and almost ending with the coaching staff. OL, LB and TE are next. If those had been fixed in the offseason we might be as good as 5-1, if they get fixed this offseason we could be division favourites next year.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 09:07 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Sam has plenty to like but the one thing he really needs to learn is an incomplete pass is much better than a sack. One of these days he will get injured off a sack and then he will learn the best ability is availability.

I like the kid but he's gotta work on those weaknesses. 3rd and 10 is much better than 3rd and 17.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:51 AM   #13
HTTR
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Sam has plenty to like but the one thing he really needs to learn is an incomplete pass is much better than a sack.
Sounds pretty simple. Good QBs also learn when to eat it and not throw an int or take a grounding penalty, when to slide or move up in the pocket, and how to extend plays, including taking off and running. I get your point, and he is taking too many sacks. But if he turns into a QB who throws the ball away every time he doesn’t instantly see an open receiver, we’ll be punting on most drives.

Let’s give him some more time to speed up his game and learn how to take control of the offense using a whole range of moves at his disposal.

The sack-injury concern is overblown, I think. You can take just as bad or worse hits standing in the pocket and getting rid of the ball than in being chased down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2023, 11:43 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Something that needs to be addressed in Sam’s criticism is he’s doing this with a terrible running game. He’s getting very little help with the 24th avg rushing per game.

We talk about a bottom half of league Oline, but we aren’t doing good enough on the ground.

Our RB and Oline are to blame…need better results and some accountability there

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 11:48 AM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Damn, a bunch of panty bunched dickheads up in this thread.

Sam will get hurt at the pace he is on, that's for sure. He does have a good body type for taking a pounding, but that dam will break eventually. Just hope he can manage to get through all 17 this year, and see how much progress he can make. I mean, for starting only 7 games, I would say that's his only definite weakness. I think you can get better at that, but he hasn't shown it yet. But he seems aware of it after the games, which is good. He always takes the blame, which I respect the fuck out of him for doing it.

Give him 11 more starts and a real GM that can fix our line, and I think our offense can look real nice in 2024.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote