Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #391
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Whoever said "Ereck Flowers is a legit backup tackle and/or guard" deserves to be fired. If he was half decent we wouldn't even talking about Donald Penn right now.

Advertisements
Old 07-26-2019, 08:19 PM   #392
Irrefutable
The Starter

Reportedly Penn wanted too much money, so they signed Cory Robinson.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...R/RobiCo00.htm

10 games started in four years
Old 07-26-2019, 08:23 PM   #393
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Stop with that. Think of it in terms of stock. Buy low sell high. Right now you have disgruntled player wanting more money and an apology. If we trade him now it is the very definition of selling low. On the other side, since we have his rights for two years if he sits out we get cap relief for the games he misses, he loses money and potential money, which in the long run gives us better leverage.

Trading him now is a 2005 dan snyder move.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I understand that. I'm just tired of kissing the ass of overpaid losers. He might be elite at his position. Yet his elite play at his position hasn't gotten us anywhere. I would much rather invest in the future before I pay this dude another dime extra. He agreed to a contract and he should play it out. What type of guy leaves his teammates hanging? I just want this whole thing to be over as soon as possible.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #394
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Whoever said "Ereck Flowers is a legit backup tackle and/or guard" deserves to be fired. If he was half decent we wouldn't even talking about Donald Penn right now.

Bruce Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 PM   #395
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Just heard on the radio that Donald Penn is coming in for a visit.

Anybody have a link?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not anymore!!

Old 07-27-2019, 02:06 AM   #396
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Bringing in Penn makes me think Trent could really have his heels dug in for the long term. Not good.

Or it is intended to pressure Trent to make a deal. Doubt it will work, but that could be the thinking.

Old 07-27-2019, 08:36 AM   #397
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
I understand that. I'm just tired of kissing the ass of overpaid losers. He might be elite at his position. Yet his elite play at his position hasn't gotten us anywhere. I would much rather invest in the future before I pay this dude another dime extra. He agreed to a contract and he should play it out. What type of guy leaves his teammates hanging? I just want this whole thing to be over as soon as possible.
This is one of your more revealing posts. In this one, in the space of a single sentence, you've gone from calling Trent an overpaid loser to conceding that he might be elite at his position. You know that doesn't make any sense. I think if you could just cool your jets a little and post using more reason and less emotion than you would probably be able to make your points more clearly.

Haven't you noticed that this site is different? I'd say it is better than other Redskins sites because It is populated by posters who enjoy lively discussion and debate about the Redskins. Please, join the discussion but don't think that this site is a rant fest like another site we all know and dislike.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #398
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Or it is intended to pressure Trent to make a deal. Doubt it will work, but that could be the thinking.

I definitely think that could be in play. If that's the case I actually think that's legit: you're not in a position to negotiate if the person you're negotiating with is your only option... you're right, not sure it'll work, but that'd be the right thing to do IMO.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #399
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Considering the Redskins problem with injured players extending a player who misses 1/4 of the games, is always nicked up and over 30, with two years left on his contract would not be a smart move. It would be a different story if he was 25 and rarely missed a start.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:31 AM   #400
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
This is one of your more revealing posts. In this one, in the space of a single sentence, you've gone from calling Trent an overpaid loser to conceding that he might be elite at his position. You know that doesn't make any sense. I think if you could just cool your jets a little and post using more reason and less emotion than you would probably be able to make your points more clearly.

Haven't you noticed that this site is different? I'd say it is better than other Redskins sites because It is populated by posters who enjoy lively discussion and debate about the Redskins. Please, join the discussion but don't think that this site is a rant fest like another site we all know and dislike.

Amen.

I’d add that it makes no sense to let him go and invest elsewhere (as httr says) because leaving Flowers at LT (or any other of their current alternatives) to protect any of our QBs is destined to end up having guys join Alex Smith on a golf cart. And that gets us nowhere.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #401
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Save the rah rah crap about letting his team mates down for the kids.

This is professional football. A business.

The Redskins signed a contract with Mason Foster. They cut him a year early, where is your outrage?

Sports contracts are like any other contact.

They simply hold his NFL rights, nothing more nothing less. In business, contracts are breached every day. The Redskins remedy is to withhold his pay, which they will.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #402
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Another severely botched situation by Washington’s front office. Leave it to Bruce and the bozos. Don’t worry, he’s got everything under control....

Kind of sad that the LT position is CRITICAL to our quarterbacks success, especially if we place the rookie back there, but they won’t even spend the money needed to get Donald Penn. They’d rather go EVEN cheaper.

So sick and tired of this team just like the 40+ employees and thousands of fans that have already left.

One circus after the other, and the clown car rolls on with Bruce at the wheel!!!

Old 07-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #403
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Knock next year off the contract, and then add back on 2 years at 15 millionish per season. That would give him 40+ over the next 3 years. That would be my offer.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:37 PM   #404
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Rumor has it Trent WIlliams doesn’t trust Bruce Allen.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #405
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I have a feeling, Trent is going to pull an Antonio Brown/L. Bell on the Redskins. Especially given the timing of these reports about his situation (see Mitch Tischler's tweet about this on today's news from JLC: https://twitter.com/Mitch_Tischler/s...29821415518210)

Honestly, I'm getting to the point of having the team moving on from him and plan for his absence this season. Pay Donald Penn, let's see what we can get out of Penn, Robinson, and Christian on the left side.

I'd rather have the team focus on paying Schreff and lock him up.
R.I.P. #21
Closed Thread