The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-07-2022, 09:55 AM   #391
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Much like most things you miss the point. One clip from Fox does not evidence make nor does one clip that can be taken out of context from CSPAN provide evidence to the contrary. A twitter user that wasn't even there? That is click bait fodder at best.

I think it is easy enough to identify when Fox News is lying without looking like a douche bag and coming off as an idiot.
How many clips do you give FOX , two , three, 10?I get it you wanna act like an ass and not believe it that's your choice, cool . FOX has doctored videos' of Biden before .Not past them to do it again.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-satchel-paige

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #392
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans blocked a Democratic attempt to begin Senate debate on a $10 billion COVID-19 compromise, pressing to entangle the bipartisan package with an election-year showdown over immigration restrictions that poses a politically uncomfortable fight for Democrats.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-block...041704072.html

I thought republicans wanted stand alone bills so bipartisan legislation doesnt get sidetracked with unrelated add ons?
Come on now unrelated??? In this case it actually is related. The Executive order that they (GOP) want preserved is specifically related to health restrictions on entry to the US tied to COVID.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:19 AM   #393
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How many clips do you give FOX , two , three, 10?I get it you wanna act like an ass and not believe it that's your choice, cool . FOX has doctored videos' of Biden before .Not past them to do it again.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-satchel-paige
Once again missing the point. There were plenty of first person accounts of what happened yet you chose to use an unreliable source a random internet poster, just because it is correct doesn't mean it's credible. Your posting of random shit gets nauseating when you could provide evidence with credible first hand sources.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #394
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Once again missing the point. There were plenty of first person accounts of what happened yet you chose to use an unreliable source a random internet poster, just because it is correct doesn't mean it's credible. Your posting of random shit gets nauseating when you could provide evidence with credible first hand sources.
The fact you come after me yet you have no comment on chico's questionable postings explains much to me. I jump in chico's shit because he deserves it.I didn't jump into yours till you did. You don't want to believe my source ,fine, cool ,you don't have too. Again all I did was post the link to the article from Rolling Stone ,they are the ones accepting the twitter response. I find it funny that the only credible first hand source's you and others believe are the ones that follow your agenda so I understand it but your shit gets pretty sickening too.
Old 04-07-2022, 02:07 PM   #395
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Come on now unrelated??? In this case it actually is related. The Executive order that they (GOP) want preserved is specifically related to health restrictions on entry to the US tied to COVID.
Title 42 comes from a 1944 public health law to prevent the spread of communicable disease. It was implemented in March 2020 by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC order empowered border enforcement agencies to remove migrants crossing into the United States, including those hoping to apply for asylum, which is their right under U.S. law and international treaty.

https://www.voanews.com/a/explainer-...-/6518286.html

A bill by Senate Republicans to terminate the national emergency declaration for the COVID-19 pandemic narrowly passed March 3 on a party-line vote.

The legislation passed 48-47, with several absences on the Democratic side of the aisle, in a rebuke of the administration's pandemic policies while it is seeking billions from Congress, Politico reports.

The bill has a narrow chance of passing the Democrat-controlled House, and the White House has promised to veto it if it reached President Joe Biden's desk. The president moved to extend the declaration of COVID-19 as a national emergency in a Feb. 18 letter to Congress.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...rs-senate.html

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which initiated the move two years ago, said earlier this month that it would lift the ban next month. The restrictions, known as Title 42, have been harder to justify as pandemic restrictions have eased.

Trump administration officials cast the curb as a way to keep COVID-19 from spreading further in the U.S. Democrats considered that an excuse for Trump, whose anti-immigrant rhetoric was a hallmark of his presidency, to keep migrants from entering the country.

Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., said she supported terminating Trump’s curb and questioned GOP motives for seeking to reinstate it.

“I find it very ironic for those who haven’t wanted to have a vaccination mandate, for those who did not want to have masks in the classroom, for them to suddenly be very interested in protecting the public,” she said.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-cov...935909d8c55b5e

-----
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #396
SunnySide
Playmaker

Title 42 was implemented to prevent the spread declaration of Covid during our national declaration of a pandemic.

GOP says pandemic is over and have spent 2 years downplaying and denying the dangers of Covid.

If GOP thinks Covid declaration should end .. then so should the implementation of Title 42 invoked for Covid.

-------------

Personally I think and thought our immigration laws already on the books did what Title 42 does.

But for this matter, Title 42 was invoked for Covid. If GOP thinks Covid Declaration is over then so should Title 42 declaration made specifically for Covid.

Send up a Bill looking to make the restrictions of Title 42 permanent.

But .. GOP cant spend years downplaying covid then feign concern of covid when it comes to immigration.

(This is just how I feel. Not claiming Im right or anyone elses thoughts are wrong)
Old 04-07-2022, 03:18 PM   #397
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Immigration laws, gun laws, X laws, we have hundreds of thousands of laws and pieces of legislation.

Most issues don't need more laws/legislation. We need enforcement of current laws and legitimate punishments for breaking laws.

Politicians don't abide by the laws we already have, so making up some new ones is all for show. They treat them as mere suggestions at best and outright ignore them altogether at worst, when politically convenient to do so.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:23 PM   #398
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Immigration laws, gun laws, X laws, we have hundreds of thousands of laws and pieces of legislation.

Most issues don't need more laws/legislation. We need enforcement of current laws and legitimate punishments for breaking laws.

Politicians don't abide by the laws we already have, so making up some new ones is all for show. They treat them as mere suggestions at best and outright ignore them altogether at worst, when politically convenient to do so.
4/7/2022 8:24 pm we agree!
Old 04-08-2022, 12:09 AM   #399
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Title 42 was implemented to prevent the spread declaration of Covid during our national declaration of a pandemic.

GOP says pandemic is over and have spent 2 years downplaying and denying the dangers of Covid.

If GOP thinks Covid declaration should end .. then so should the implementation of Title 42 invoked for Covid.

-------------

Personally I think and thought our immigration laws already on the books did what Title 42 does.

But for this matter, Title 42 was invoked for Covid. If GOP thinks Covid Declaration is over then so should Title 42 declaration made specifically for Covid.

Send up a Bill looking to make the restrictions of Title 42 permanent.

But .. GOP cant spend years downplaying covid then feign concern of covid when it comes to immigration.

(This is just how I feel. Not claiming Im right or anyone elses thoughts are wrong)
All good information (thanks). The point I was calling out was the claim the GOP attached an unrelated amendment when it certainly isn't unrelated as even your info shows (May be contradictory to what the GOP was pushing in removing domestic COVID policy but then removing the restriction would also fly in the face of what the Biden administration's position is on COVID).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:38 AM   #400
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
4/7/2022 8:24 pm we agree!
Old 04-08-2022, 12:42 AM   #401
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Why I hate 98% of people involved in D.C. politics...

Old 04-08-2022, 10:46 AM   #402
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
All good information (thanks). The point I was calling out was the claim the GOP attached an unrelated amendment when it certainly isn't unrelated as even your info shows (May be contradictory to what the GOP was pushing in removing domestic COVID policy but then removing the restriction would also fly in the face of what the Biden administration's position is on COVID).
You were right, it was related. It was very related. I was wrong on that. Shot from the hip, then read up on it more.

I moved the goal posts a good bit in my reply.

-----------------

I personally want what Title 42 does, but unless its attached to some emergency powers with a sunset, Im guessing it would require 60 votes in Senate to pass as legislation.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:06 PM   #403
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
ok, don't get carried away!
Old 04-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #404
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Florida Math Teacher Remains In Critical Condition After Going Whole Hour Without Talking About His Sex Life

https://thegloriousamerican.com/u-s-...-his-sex-life/
Old 04-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #405
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Florida Math Teacher Remains In Critical Condition After Going Whole Hour Without Talking About His Sex Life

https://thegloriousamerican.com/u-s-...-his-sex-life/
This one was funnier: https://thegloriousamerican.com/feat...am-on-cinemax/

Partially because I do have some problems with the bill that passed in Florida and the impact it has on gay teachers. Public figures fair game though