Bin Laden Killed

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #376
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Bin Laden Killed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
That's so awesome. It's like something straight out of a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I am confident it is already in the works.......
Its in the works. Set to be released October 12, 2012. Smart move by the President, the closer this comes out before the election the better for him.

GOP Rep. Peter King Calls for Pentagon Probe Over Cooperation With Hollywood Movie About bin Laden Raid | TheBlaze.com

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #377
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I still think the timing of the movie will be good for the president but hes gonna take a lot of criticism when it rolls out. It also turns out Sony is the distributor for the movie.... Sony also happens to be the only studio that hosted a fundraiser for the president.

Sony Hosted Obama Fundraiser, Releasing Bin Laden Movie Before Election | The Weekly Standard
Old 08-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #378
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I still think the timing of the movie will be good for the president but hes gonna take a lot of criticism when it rolls out. It also turns out Sony is the distributor for the movie.... Sony also happens to be the only studio that hosted a fundraiser for the president.

Sony Hosted Obama Fundraiser, Releasing Bin Laden Movie Before Election | The Weekly Standard
Got to love the Citizen United decision...the law is directional.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #379
firstdown
Living Legend

If its legal to run the movie its a smart move. Not saying I like it but if the shoe was on the other foot.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #380
GMScud
Swearinger

I thought this was interesting.

SEAL's Account | Osama Bin Laden Death | Fairy Tale | The Daily Caller
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #382
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Most disgusting thing that this Administration has done yet.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #383
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Most disgusting thing that this Administration has done yet.
What?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #384
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What?
Letting the CIA informant get arrested and put in jail by the Pakis.

How does that foster a sense of trust with any other potential ally?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #385
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Letting the CIA informant get arrested and put in jail by the Pakis.

How does that foster a sense of trust with any other potential ally?
I agree totally.

Hey guy! Thanks for helping us catch our #1 baddie! As a reward, here is 33 years in prison for all your help!

What I think says most is that our "ally" is putting this man in jail for help capturing a fugitive of ours, even though we were paying billions of dollars to said "ally" to help us with this very capture. So in the end, our "ally" was knowingly hiding and supporting this terrorist, and even punished the man who helped capture him.

Why are we giving those assholes billions again? Why is it ok for these guys to have nukes, but not Iran?...lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #386
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

So I guess what you guys are saying is the Obama administration should have never even allowed the Pakistani government to get their hands on this guy to be able to imprison him? That's the most disgusting thing this administration has ever done?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #387
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
So I guess what you guys are saying is the Obama administration should have never even allowed the Pakistani government to get their hands on this guy to be able to imprison him? That's the most disgusting thing this administration has ever done?
Lol. Ridiculous. I don't think this guy should be in prison either but how are we going to stop the Paki gov't from arresting a guy on their own soil? Now obviously this seriously calls into question how much we should really consider Pakistan an "ally" when they are doing things like this, but our options are limited here. I feel bad for the guy but there's not much we could have done IMO. He should've gotten out of the country as soon as Bin Laden was killed.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #388
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lol. Ridiculous. I don't think this guy should be in prison either but how are we going to stop the Paki gov't from arresting a guy on their own soil? Now obviously this seriously calls into question how much we should really consider Pakistan an "ally" when they are doing things like this, but our options are limited here. I feel bad for the guy but there's not much we could have done IMO. He should've gotten out of the country as soon as Bin Laden was killed.

We should have never told Pakistan how we got Osama. Or perhaps we stop giving them billions of dollars a year if we cant tell them not to f over their people for acting as an ally to us.

How Much Did the U.S. Give Pakistan? | Fox Business

Like you said the whole Osama thing really makes it clear to the public how much of an ally the Paki's really are. This makes it even clearer.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #389
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I agree totally.

Hey guy! Thanks for helping us catch our #1 baddie! As a reward, here is 33 years in prison for all your help!

What I think says most is that our "ally" is putting this man in jail for help capturing a fugitive of ours, even though we were paying billions of dollars to said "ally" to help us with this very capture. So in the end, our "ally" was knowingly hiding and supporting this terrorist, and even punished the man who helped capture him.

Why are we giving those assholes billions again? Why is it ok for these guys to have nukes, but not Iran?...lol
Based off of how we treat countries with nukes, every country should aspire to have one, particularly poor countries. Its almost treasonous for a leader to think otherwise. The financial, credibility/respect, and defensive incentives of having a nuke are limited only by the means of the US and UN.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #390
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I wasn't agreeing with his assessment that this was the worst thing Obama's administration has done. Just wanted to clear that up. Just thought it was pretty shitty, and lame of our government to not protect this guy after he helped us out. What can we say, it's the CIA pissing people off and showing what bunch of clowns there are without any regards to potential blow back.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote