Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-25-2022, 03:42 PM   #376
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

How is trump not in Jail? If I joked about something like that the SS would come get my ass!

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-express...173510960.html

Susan Walsh/AP Photo
Betsy Woodruff Swan and Kyle Cheney
Wed, May 25, 2022, 1:35 PM

The Jan. 6 select committee has heard testimony indicating that then-President Donald Trump — after rioters who swarmed the Capitol began chanting “hang Mike Pence” — expressed support for hanging his vice president, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The White House chief of staff at the time, Mark Meadows, was in the dining room off the Oval Office with Trump at one point during last year’s Capitol attack, the committee has been told. Meadows then left the dining room and informed other people nearby that Trump had signaled a positive view of the prospect of hanging the vice president, the panel heard.

Meadows’ account as it was described to the committee came after some members of the mob converging on the Capitol had broken into chants of “Hang Mike Pence!” Those chants were a reaction to Pence's decision to accept electoral votes that indicated Joe Biden had won the presidency.

POLITICO could not independently verify the veracity of the claim regarding Meadows’ comments.

Two of the people who spoke for this story said the committee has heard testimony on this topic from more than one person. All three people spoke on condition of anonymity.

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #377
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...M31?li=BBnb7Kz

"My sweet, supple, perky, innocent daughter doesn't understand these highly complex elections and how the dingleberry Dems with their pea-brains could mastermind such a dastardly assault on democracy. But we won't let them! Trump 2020!"
Old 06-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #378
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

"My sweet, supple, perky, innocent daughter doesn't understand these highly complex elections and how the dingleberry Dems with their pea-brains could mastermind such a dastardly assault on democracy. But we won't let them! Trump 2020!"
Donald Trump and Dan Snyder must be great friends. They have so much in common.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:43 PM   #379
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Imagine being so creepy that you refer to your daughter as supple and perky. He truly is the scum of the earth.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #380
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-floyd-murder

Donating 100 k to the Capitol police fund for future “dust ups”. What an asshole.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:12 AM   #381
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Imagine being so creepy that you refer to your daughter as supple and perky. He truly is the scum of the earth.
Haha sorry punch, he didn't say that. But you know he was thinking it.

Fun fact - he actually wrote this song about Ivanka and gave it to Isaac Hayes to sing.
Old 06-11-2022, 01:28 AM   #382
jamf
Pro Bowl

No trumpettes posting?
They must be busy organizing
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...n-social-media
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:02 AM   #383
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Just for you trump faithful and you know who you are here is a man who throws his own child under the bus. You need to come out and denounce this man for the criminal he is.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=85310275

Posting to Truth Social -- the social media network Trump launched after being kicked off Twitter -- Trump continued to repeat false claims about the 2020 election as he mocked the committee's work and lashed out at comments Ivanka Trump and former Attorney General Bill Barr made in videotaped depositions.

"Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results," Trump wrote after she said she agreed with Barr's assessment that there was no amount of fraud sufficient enough to overturn his loss.

"It affected my perspective," Ivanka Trump told the committee about Barr's assessment. "I respect Attorney General Barr, so I accepted what he was saying."

Trump fired back Friday that Ivanka "had long since checked out, and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!)."

In one interview aired in the hearing, Barr recounted telling Trump the idea that the presidential race was rigged was "bull****."

Barr said he "repeatedly told the president in no uncertain terms that I did not see evidence of fraud and -- you know, that would have affected the outcome of the election. And frankly, a year and a half later, I haven't seen anything to change my mind on that."

Trump on Friday called Barr "weak and frightened" and denounced the committee once again as the "Unselect Committee."

Cheney said the testimony claims Trump expressed support for threats of violence against then-Vice President Mike Pence.

"Aware of the rioters' chants to 'hang Mike Pence,' the president responded with this sentiment: 'Maybe our supporters have the right idea. Mike Pence 'deserves' it," Cheney said.

Last year, Trump told ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent Jonathan Karl that he didn't worry about Pence's safety during the Capitol riot and thought he was "well-protected."

"They were saying 'hang Mike Pence,'" Karl reminded Trump.

"Because it's common sense, Jon," Trump responded. "It's common sense that you're supposed to protect. How can you -- if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? -- how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that?
Old 06-15-2022, 01:31 AM   #384
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Liz Cheney is an absolute rock star for the Jan. 6th committee. Check out this interview they had with the WH lawyer who told Eastman he better find a fucking great criminal lawyer.

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/s...15728208355330
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:32 AM   #385
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Liz Cheney is an absolute rock star for the Jan. 6th committee. Check out this interview they had with the WH lawyer who told Eastman he better find a fucking great criminal lawyer.

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/s...15728208355330
never liked her Dad but I like her a lot. She needs to run against trump!
Old 06-15-2022, 08:14 AM   #386
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I'll put this here, those of you know who you are should read it.

This is an Opinion article.

https://news.yahoo.com/c-mon-trumper...191640700.html

C’mon, Trumpers, how much longer will you fall for the con? Oh, that long . . . |

I won’t bother reasoning with you.

As I’ve said before in this space, it’s my opinion that you folks who support Donald Trump are, by definition, incapable of that function, so it’s foolish to even try. You may think that’s harsh. I think it’s time-saving.

But I do have a question for you: Don’t you feel kind of stupid right now? Doesn’t the revelation that it was all a con leave you feeling like a sucker? Doesn’t simple human pride have you smarting, at least a little bit?

Or maybe you have no idea what I’m talking about. After all, Fox “News” and other elements of the conservative media omniplex have studiously avoided giving much attention to the hearings of the House select committee investigating the attempted coup of Jan. 6, 2021. For the rest of us, they’ve become must-see TV, but you’ve likely been shielded from them.

So you may not have heard Monday’s revelation that not even members of Trump’s own inner circle — his daughter, his aides, his attorney general — believed his absurd claim that he was cheated out of the 2020 election. Lawyer Eric Herschmann thought it was “nuts.” Attorney General William Barr feared your guy was “detached from reality.”

But — and here’s the part that relates to you — even though his own people told him quite clearly that there was no election fraud, he still told you something else: a bizarre fable about a vast and byzantine conspiracy involving Democrats, Republicans, poll workers, truck drivers, a polling machine manufacturer and — who knows? — maybe Bigfoot on the grassy knoll. We all know how that lie brought thousands of you to the National Mall in the attack on the U.S. Capitol. What is less often discussed is that he also used this lie to tap folks like you for donations to the tune of a quarter of a billion dollars.

It bears repeating: a quarter . . . of a billion . . . dollars.

click the link to read the rest of the story.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:41 AM   #387
MTK
\m/

A con man gonna con

Suckers born every minute

The big lie was more like the big rip off
Old 06-15-2022, 11:29 PM   #388
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Chico and others, how much money have you donated to the cause of preventing Democratic election fraud?
Old 06-16-2022, 02:51 AM   #389
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Chico and others, how much money have you donated to the cause of preventing Democratic election fraud?
LOL!!!
Old 06-16-2022, 07:23 AM   #390
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
$1,000 - $1,000 = $0.00
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote