Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #376
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
The problem I have with this is it makes all skins fans look like dellusional fools. I liken those involved in this project to religious extremists who engage in all manner of crazy behavior that only results in making all people who beleive in God seem like morons. The extreme and ridiculous manner in which they chose to spread their message marginalizes the belief itself. I agree with the underlying message mlm is trying to share - i beleive the redskins needed a complete overhaul of their front office structure. What i disagree with is the ridiculous manner in which the messgae was developed and executed.

Its like a boy who writes a girl a love note, attachs it to a rock, and throws it through her front window - the message was good, but the delivery sucked. mlm - your message was good, but your delivery sucked. Sorry.
Makes all skins fans look like fools? No it doesn't. Losing and playing football the way we didi earlier this season makes us look like fools. Not this.

When Saints fans back in the day started donning paper bags over their heads nobody said anything about the fans. The creativity of this action brought national and international media attention to the sorry state of their team. It worked.
Why do you really care what other people think if us? As long as the team takes care of business, plays at a respectable level and the players behave themselves, I really do not care what others think of the Redskins and the fans. We can not control what others think.
Anything that brought media attention and thus Snyder's attention works.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #377
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Makes all skins fans look like fools? No it doesn't. Losing and playing football the way we didi earlier this season makes us look like fools. Not this.

When Saints fans back in the day started donning paper bags over their heads nobody said anything about the fans. The creativity of this action brought national and international media attention to the sorry state of their team. It worked.
Why do you really care what other people think if us? As long as the team takes care of business, plays at a respectable level and the players behave themselves, I really do not care what others think of the Redskins and the fans. We can not control what others think.

Amen
Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #378
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post

Well I think it looks foolish asking an owner to sell the team. Shit, in Detroit they always asked for Matt Millen's head...even in Oakland they put a billboard demanding that Davis hire a GM. But whatever, I still think "Sell Our Team Danny Boy" is stupid.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #379
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well I think it looks foolish asking an owner to sell the team. Shit, in Detroit they always asked for Matt Millen's head...even in Oakland they put a billboard demanding that Davis hire a GM. But whatever, I still think "Sell Our Team Danny Boy" is stupid.
And that was the problem I think most every critic of mImpetert's scheme was. It's one thing to call for change, and I was glad that they atleast added Fire Vinny to the actual sign, but another to personally attack and disrespect the owner of an NFL Franchise. that is what was wrong with this effort. But that criticism has been deflected because of the frustration with Dan Snyder.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #380
firstdown
Living Legend

I'll say this. Maybe Snyder saw the painting on the wall all by himself and how things where going this year. Maybe Snyder saw all the reaction from the fans and things like what you guys put together and finally saw it was time to change things. I really think that it was probably a combination of the two with the first at about 70% then the fan preasure pushing him to 100% making the dicision to let VC go.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #381
MTK
\m/

I think a miserable season was more than enough for Snyder to make changes. Signs on a truck weren't really necessary. But if some fans feel better about it because they "did something", mission accomplished.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #382
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think a miserable season was more than enough for Snyder to make changes. Signs on a truck weren't really necessary. But if some fans feel better about it because they "did something", mission accomplished.
i do, yeah the message wasn't perfect and plenty of people had plenty of different ways of saying it, but bottom line it had to be short and catchy to get any sort of media backing which it did.

regardless of what your own personal opinion i don't see the need to call us morons or liken us to religious nut jobs, we are simply fans that got fed up and decided to do something it might not be what you would have done but it was still something, and it got a lot of local news attention and raised a good bit of money. and alot of you, not all of you, felt the need to say we shouldn't personally attack an nfl owner only to turn around and call us morons.

i think we all wanted change and guess what we got it

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #383
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

The thing that gives me hope and fear at the same time is the fact that Snyder has actually listened to the fan base to some extent. For example when rumors that Fassel was going to be named head coach the fans reacted against the move. Now we have run Vinny out of town. The part that worries me is how the fan base would react to the team in the future when they have to rebuild. Most people, especially our fan base, aren't exactly patient.

Personally I think Snyder is finally starting to change as an owner. If anything he probably listens to the fan base more then we give him credit for. Of course it remains to be seen weather or not he's truly changed but finally getting rid of Cerrato is definitely a step in the right direction.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #384
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
The thing that gives me hope and fear at the same time is the fact that Snyder has actually listened to the fan base to some extent. For example when rumors that Fassel was going to be named head coach the fans reacted against the move. Now we have run Vinny out of town. The part that worries me is how the fan base would react to the team in the future when they have to rebuild. Most people, especially our fan base, aren't exactly patient.

Personally I think Snyder is finally starting to change as an owner. If anything he probably listens to the fan base more then we give him credit for. Of course it remains to be seen weather or not he's truly changed but finally getting rid of Cerrato is definitely a step in the right direction.

I know right, some days I feel like I have a direct line to his office.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #385
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Here are the latest interviews:

Redskins Fans React to Cerrato Departure

Nothing new here, but ive had internet problems all weekend with the snow and all.