Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-18-2021, 07:17 PM   #361
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Ashamed is a strong word. I wasn't trying to shame him or people who voted for him. He isn't the 1st and won't be the last to do it. Was just a criticism. Not sending him to the pit of misery over it. Dilly Dilly!

Lol. On that note im heading downtown on my bike to the vodka distillery. San Diego weather in Toms River, NJ tonight!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-18-2021, 07:18 PM   #362
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. On that note im heading downtown on my bike to the vodka distillery. San Diego weather in Toms River, NJ tonight!
Post COVID Friday nights, I need to plan a night out sometime soon. Have fun and stay safe. Go Team!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #363
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Post COVID Friday nights, I need to plan a night out sometime soon. Have fun and stay safe. Go Team!

Old 06-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #364
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/opini...a-womans-world

In The Battle For Strength, It Helps To Be A Man In A Woman’s World

Hubbard, who was born in 1978, is 43-years-old, meaning that the transgender athlete was in their mid-thirties when they transitioned. In other words, Hubbard experienced decades of developmental growth as a male before recently ensuring that their testosterone measured below some given limit. If we assume that this wouldn’t drastically “undo” any biological benefits when compared to biological women — such as muscle growth — we could well explain Hubbard’s meteoric rise in the women’s sport.

While the notion of gender “affirmation” treatment for consenting adults whose transition doesn’t threaten the livelihoods of others is subject to objective medical and moral debate, the embrace of an additional competitive layer simply cannot be accepted by a society which claims to protect women, particularly when such competition provides biological men with an inescapable advantage.

Imagine the science crowd being so dishonest to try to dispute this article. Men shouldn’t compete with women period.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:19 PM   #365
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/statu...47283672784898

Go'head Gen. Mark Milley. Preach!
Old 06-24-2021, 08:25 AM   #366
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
.....trump would fire him.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #367
nonniey
The Starter

Yay! We have a bipartisan agreement on infrastructure. Oh, but wait, the I want the whole loaf or nothing bunch (Dem version in this case) seems to have thrown a wrench into the works.

So let me get this straight the Senate works out a compromise and Pelosi says she won't take up that deal until the Senate also passes another deal that puts back in all the stuff that was taken out in the negotiation????? Why bother with the compromise deal at all in that case?????

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/24/polit...ats/index.html
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:20 PM   #368
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Yeah I disagree with Biden's stance on this too, for fucks sake this is like the first major bipartisan bill we can agree on in an eternity and now he wants to play the hard line? Jesus fuck.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:03 AM   #369
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

How is Mitch escaping the wrath that Nancy is getting here?
Old 06-25-2021, 08:10 AM   #370
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Mansion gave Mitch everything he wanted, and Mitch was like yeah…no. Mansion totally exposed Mitch for being a no man, but we are complaining about Nancy Pelosi?
For all the republicans in here let me just get this straight…Mitch NoConnell says a trillion on corporate tax breaks = good, a trillion on a crumbling infrastructure = no, and Nancy Pelosi is to blame? Ill be damned if Republicans aren’t still morphing into Trumpers. Damn thought the invasion of the body snatchers was over.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:14 AM   #371
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Politics suck!
Old 06-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #372
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Probably because he's consistently terrible. You know what he's going to do 95% of the time - his stated goal since Obama took office is to oppose everything Dems do. Doesn't matter if they would help his constituents - his goal is to make citizens believe Dems are bad. And he's been very successful in that effort.

Shit on me all you want but at this point there's nothing to do against McConnell but root for father time. He's been leading the Republicans for over a decade and we still don't have a solid answer for his strategy.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #373
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Probably because he's consistently terrible. You know what he's going to do 95% of the time - his stated goal since Obama took office is to oppose everything Dems do. Doesn't matter if they would help his constituents - his goal is to make citizens believe Dems are bad. And he's been very successful in that effort.

Shit on me all you want but at this point there's nothing to do against McConnell but root for father time. He's been leading the Republicans for over a decade and we still don't have a solid answer for his strategy.

Yeah. His only concern is staying in office, at least we know he cried a bit when he no longer was majority leader.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #374
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Probably because he wasn't (officially at least) part of this compromise. The issue here is Pelosi basically stating she wants the whole loaf or nothing (an approach that has been common to both parties since 2009). This is the first compromise bill of major legislation that has been agreed too in the Senate since the Bush administration and it looks like she is going to sink it.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:51 PM   #375
nonniey
The Starter

Well this deal seems to be quickly falling apart and the blame for that can squarely be laid on both the President and the Speakers comments about tying it to another bill that adds everything they wanted back into a reconciliation bill. Graham has now withdrawn from the agreement (others will follow) and Manchin stated he will not support the reconciliation bill. Looks like in the whole loaf or nothing approach, nothing wins again (as usual).