Debating with the enemy

Old 04-02-2021, 08:46 PM   #361
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Looks like a black Muslim did it...

This story will get dropped faster than the Boulder shooting, It’s not politically useful to the left anymore.

He didn’t even have a gun..so even the gun violence narrative can’t be used.

I noticed no one spoke of the Philly, Virginia Beach or California mass shooting here. Didn’t see anything about the teen girls car jacking of the Muslim immigrant either in DC.

Yup. Its all a deep state conspiracy to piss off you and the orange guy.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #362
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm just not drawing conclusions when we don't have the whole story.

All we got is a dead cop, a dead suspect, and an injured cop. A car rammed into a security gate designed to keep cars out. Maybe you can infer the guy on the stretcher is the suspect? Beyond that we don't know anything yet. Maybe he was just some anti-LEO guy who had a death wish and wanted to take one or more with him. The only thing I do know is it's a shitty situation.

Absolutely a shitty situation. And when is domestic terrorism going to be a thing? I dont care if the suspect was white, black, or whatever. The fuckin violence in this country is a raging inferno right now. And Chico don’t worry this story wont get dropped. Fox has been dying for a black muslim to do something bad because they aren’t able to report on all the white hate crimes that have been happening.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #363
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

You were dead on Mooby. My bad for assuming although I guess a couple months after an insurrection at the Capitol Building it wasnt like I was going out on a limb there. Guess this is looking like it is not related to the insurrection as bizarre as that is, BUT it is pretty fucked up to assume it is not just because he is black. From what it sounds like the guy was just a random crazy though. As opposed to a crazy with a purpose like the insurrectionists.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:28 PM   #364
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
In other words regardless of the facts, the narrative from punch is blame trump, the right, etc.

Punch you would make a great journalist!
Oh look the biggest hypocrite on the boards is attacking someone who doesn't see the World in the skewed way he does? Blame punch , blame the media , blame anyone but trump or the right wing nuts which our drunk sick Uncle seems to be in love with .
Old 04-02-2021, 10:14 PM   #365
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Oh look the biggest hypocrite on the boards is attacking someone who doesn't see the World in the skewed way he does? Blame punch , blame the media , blame anyone but trump or the right wing nuts which our drunk sick Uncle seems to be in love with .

And for the record I never blamed the right for anything like he said I did. Not in that post. I blamed Trump. He isn’t the right. He is the leader of a modern day cult.

Insurrection, let me repeat, an insurrection at the Capitol building in January and Im out of line for assuming that the guy ramming the barricade at the Capitol a couple months later and killing another cop was affiliated with the cult of Trump. Um... ok. Right now Chico is indisposed as whatever dipshit on Fox is taking the heat off the nazis who have been killing people for five years at an alarming rate because they finally got a bad black guy to talk about.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:38 AM   #366
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Looks like a black Muslim did it...

This story will get dropped faster than the Boulder shooting, It’s not politically useful to the left anymore.

He didn’t even have a gun..so even the gun violence narrative can’t be used.

I noticed no one spoke of the Philly, Virginia Beach or California mass shooting here. Didn’t see anything about the teen girls car jacking of the Muslim immigrant either in DC.
Throw you a bone and this is what you come up with?

Yeah, the story is gonna disappear because nobody is interested in reading about US Capitol police officers getting rammed to death by a nutjob anymore.

Also I saw the video of the two girls carjacking the Ubereats driver in DC next to Nats Park the other day. Really sucks for his family, but on the flip side the outpouring of support and the 1 million in the GoFundMe account is heartening to see.

My thoughts on the situation:

Both of those girls were so out of whack with reality they just walked past his dead body on the sidewalk without even a whiff of concern. Major F. One of them was even preaching on about how her cell phone was in the car like she was so disillusioned from reality that she didn't even recognize what she did wrong.

Given they're both minors and the DC justice system seems to be turning a blind eye to minors committing serious crimes I fully expect them to get light punishments. Personally if it were up to me, they'd spend at least the next 20 years in jail (just for punishment, not rehab) and then a hopefully reinvented justice system that prioritizes rehab equally or better than punishment would have come along that could make these girls functioning members of society. Otherwise the odds that they will go back to doing dumb shit like this without an ounce of remorse is very high.

For me the punishment angle is because I spend various amounts of time in DC every year, often right by that street near the bullpen where he got carjacked, and I drive a very similar car to his (all of which concerns me). I don't want to have to fear being carjacked in the most gentrified area of DC in the last 10 years.

Ideally these girls would be rehabbed through the justice system so when they are released from prison they would realize stealing cars (and the potential for 3rd degree? murder in the commission of a felony) is just not cool. The likelihood of this happening is slim imo without at least a decade+ of prison (unlikely to happen given they are minors). IIRC one of them has pending charges from stealing another car in January? So one of them stole a car, got arrested/charged/released, stole another car and killed the guy they were stealing it from. IMO that entire sequence of events means they need serious time. The reshaping of our justice system to prioritize reforming criminals into productive members of society - well I'll leave that to smarter minds than myself as I have no idea how to do that. But it is a discussion that needs to be had.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #367
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fa...Bna?li=BBnb7Kz

Quick Chico, now's your chance. The article says he listed himself as a follower of Farrakhan, if we hurry maybe we can convince people he was a black radical and his choices had nothing to do with his obvious mental illness resulting from drug addiction.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:02 AM   #368
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Quick Chico, now's your chance. The article says he listed himself as a follower of Farrakhan, if we hurry maybe we can convince people he was a black radical and his choices had nothing to do with his obvious mental illness resulting from drug addiction.
Media to blame in ...5,4,3,2,1...................
Old 04-03-2021, 08:50 AM   #369
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

If his facebook page had images of trump instead of Farrakhan, you think that would get more traction? What about if he was just white instead of black...you think “obvious mental illness resulting from drug addiction” would be how you are thinking about this?

NBC today this morning show didn’t mention Farrakhan either...not surprised. Farrakhan is a well known fucking bigot. Period. Why the media doesn’t give this the time of day is amusing.

In the end I believe it was mental illness...maybe drug abuse? But as long as it not the false narrative of white supremacy or gun violence, it becomes politically inconvenient to really find out why.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:58 AM   #370
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Throw you a bone and this is what you come up with?

Yeah, the story is gonna disappear because nobody is interested in reading about US Capitol police officers getting rammed to death by a nutjob anymore.

Also I saw the video of the two girls carjacking the Ubereats driver in DC next to Nats Park the other day. Really sucks for his family, but on the flip side the outpouring of support and the 1 million in the GoFundMe account is heartening to see.

My thoughts on the situation:

Both of those girls were so out of whack with reality they just walked past his dead body on the sidewalk without even a whiff of concern. Major F. One of them was even preaching on about how her cell phone was in the car like she was so disillusioned from reality that she didn't even recognize what she did wrong.

Given they're both minors and the DC justice system seems to be turning a blind eye to minors committing serious crimes I fully expect them to get light punishments. Personally if it were up to me, they'd spend at least the next 20 years in jail (just for punishment, not rehab) and then a hopefully reinvented justice system that prioritizes rehab equally or better than punishment would have come along that could make these girls functioning members of society. Otherwise the odds that they will go back to doing dumb shit like this without an ounce of remorse is very high.

For me the punishment angle is because I spend various amounts of time in DC every year, often right by that street near the bullpen where he got carjacked, and I drive a very similar car to his (all of which concerns me). I don't want to have to fear being carjacked in the most gentrified area of DC in the last 10 years.

Ideally these girls would be rehabbed through the justice system so when they are released from prison they would realize stealing cars (and the potential for 3rd degree? murder in the commission of a felony) is just not cool. The likelihood of this happening is slim imo without at least a decade+ of prison (unlikely to happen given they are minors). IIRC one of them has pending charges from stealing another car in January? So one of them stole a car, got arrested/charged/released, stole another car and killed the guy they were stealing it from. IMO that entire sequence of events means they need serious time. The reshaping of our justice system to prioritize reforming criminals into productive members of society - well I'll leave that to smarter minds than myself as I have no idea how to do that. But it is a discussion that needs to be had.
It’s a tragic situation...but not surprising. I agree with a lot u say here. While justice is a concern for sure, I don’t know what the answer is for punishment, but it shouldn’t be light and the kids should be off the streets.

I’d like to know why these pieces of trash aren’t in school? Where are the parents? Why is there an uptick in car jackings in dc? Literally all the relevant questions are never asked by the Dems or media in dc. They just keep letting it happen.

He Gets Us
Old 04-03-2021, 09:12 AM   #371
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
If his facebook page had images of trump instead of Farrakhan, you think that would get more traction? What about if he was just white instead of black...you think “obvious mental illness resulting from drug addiction” would be how you are thinking about this?

NBC today this morning show didn’t mention Farrakhan either...not surprised. Farrakhan is a well known fucking bigot. Period. Why the media doesn’t give this the time of day is amusing.

In the end I believe it was mental illness...maybe drug abuse? But as long as it not the false narrative of white supremacy or gun violence, it becomes politically inconvenient to really find out why.
I feel like you focus on the political aspect of it when it's just another mentally ill kid choosing to go out with a bang. BTW, that article about him on MSN was on the front page this morning. I thought the media was gonna kill the story because it doesn't fit their narrative?
Old 04-03-2021, 09:27 AM   #372
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
It’s a tragic situation...but not surprising. I agree with a lot u say here. While justice is a concern for sure, I don’t know what the answer is for punishment, but it shouldn’t be light and the kids should be off the streets.

I’d like to know why these pieces of trash aren’t in school? Where are the parents? Why is there an uptick in car jackings in dc? Literally all the relevant questions are never asked by the Dems or media in dc. They just keep letting it happen.

The Dems and the media are letting car jackings happen in the inner cities. That is a reach even for you.
Meanwhile there is a mass shooting and a hate crime committed by some rural white kid recruited by some nazi internet group every hour on the hour and Fox and Friends (like you) is talking about Obamas suit or Bidens age.
Just stop man.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:32 AM   #373
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I feel like you focus on the political aspect of it when it's just another mentally ill kid choosing to go out with a bang. BTW, that article about him on MSN was on the front page this morning. I thought the media was gonna kill the story because it doesn't fit their narrative?
Well we are less than 24 hours in, they need the clicks and eyes.

Also you mention I’m focus on the political...hmm I’m gonna let that go for now. But exactly who was posting L yesterday across social media when this was occurring?

Mooby, after the Aaron Long Atlanta Shooting spree the New York Times had written print/online final count in was like 17 articles in 48 hours. The Washington Post had 8 or 9. See it seems to be not really about crime, but the opportunity to push political lies/narratives. Aaron Long...mental illness going out with a bang? Absolutely not, we know what was pushed, even as the facts unfolded he had long been in group therapy homes for mental illness.

Do you know what the crime data says about who actually commits crimes against Asians?

He Gets Us
Old 04-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #374
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The Dems and the media are letting car jackings happen in the inner cities. That is a reach even for you.
Meanwhile there is a mass shooting and a hate crime committed by some rural white kid recruited by some nazi internet group every hour on the hour and Fox and Friends (like you) is talking about Obamas suit or Bidens age.
Just stop man.
Punch you know I love you...but you’re gonna have to take this L a lot better.

It’s a beautiful day outside! Ride bike, drank a beer and celebrate this wonderful Easter weekend!

He Gets Us
Old 04-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #375
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

White Nationalist hate crime and domestic terrorism is the biggest danger we face in this country Chico. Im sorry it is not people of color or dems or libs or cnn or me or G one. I know You are squirming at your keyboard trying to find a Fox news article that says otherwise.
If only it was BLM that tried to overthrow the government a couple months ago. So sorry.