Re: All things Science related. λν = c

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #363
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

BBC News - Cosmic inflation: 'Spectacular' discovery hailed

Quote:
Scientists say they have extraordinary new evidence to support a Big Bang Theory for the origin of the Universe.

Researchers believe they have found the signal left in the sky by the super-rapid expansion of space that must have occurred just fractions of a second after everything came into being.

It takes the form of a distinctive twist in the oldest light detectable with telescopes.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #364
MTK
\m/

Old 03-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #365
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

^fist bump.

Don't think people understand how important this discovery is. It's just yet more evidence that the Big Bang indeed happened. This CNN article covers it so the regular joe can understand what's going on with the discovery.

Big Bang breakthrough announced; gravity waves detected - CNN.com

For a scientist to still be alive to see his theory and work proven has to be one of the best feelings in the world. To know you changed history and science with your work should make any man tremble with joy. Such is the case of Prof. Andrei Lindei, who's one of the main people to come up with the theory of cosmic inflation. Today was his moment of glory when the scientific community proved the theory of cosmic inflation was indeed correct. This is the moment when he was told about the discovery:

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 03-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #366
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

SarcasticRover ‏@SarcasticRover 29m
Science can open your mind up to the universe… literally - it just needs some medical equipment and a saw. Hold still.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #367
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

This is why I will always be more aligned with Dawkins than a Tyson:

Dawkins vs. Tyson - YouTube
Old 04-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #368
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
^fist bump.

Don't think people understand how important this discovery is. It's just yet more evidence that the Big Bang indeed happened. This CNN article covers it so the regular joe can understand what's going on with the discovery.

Big Bang breakthrough announced; gravity waves detected - CNN.com

you had me at the apple .
Old 04-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #369
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Son, we live in a world that has asteroids. And those asteroids have to be deflected by men with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? You, ignorant science person? Science has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for dinosaurs and you curse the Ice Age. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the T-rex's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my science, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want science on that wall. You need science on that wall.

The Chance of Asteroids Hitting Earth Is Bigger Than We Thought - TIME
Old 04-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #370
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Google: Driverless cars are mastering city streets - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

pretty cool

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #371
over the mountain
Playmaker

i just read a scientific article that said if you hug your wife/lady/partner for 30 seconds or more it activates her hormone that causes her/lady/partner to feel more connected to you.

the twist is that you can not squeeze/touch/approach any of her body seductive body parts because that turns them off. you have to latently trigger the hormone.

im pretty sure there is a study that will say no guy can hug his wife/lady/partner for anything more than 10 seconds without having his hormone that makes him uncontrollably grope his wife kick in.

we cant win. occasionally they throw us a crumb but really we stand no chance and have no say in the matter. i should have married an ugly chick. have lots of fun until 35 then marry an ugly chick with a good family. ugggg i wanna start life over again. only after you make all the bad decisions do you understand how life works.

edit i would have linked the article but im on my mac book and dont know how to cut n paste on this one.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #372
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Spectacular!

Transistors that wrap around tissues: New implanted devices may reshape medicine

(Phys.org) —Researchers from The University of Texas at Dallas and the University of Tokyo have created electronic devices that become soft when implanted inside the body and can deploy to grip 3-D objects, such as large tissues, nerves and blood vessels.

These biologically adaptive, flexible transistors might one day help doctors learn more about what is happening inside the body, and stimulate the body for treatments.
The research, available online and in an upcoming print issue of Advanced Materials, is one of the first demonstrations of transistors that can change shape and maintain their electronic properties after they are implanted in the body, said Jonathan Reeder, a graduate student in materials science and engineering and lead author of the work.

"Scientists and physicians have been trying to put electronics in the body for a while now, but one of the problems is that the stiffness of common electronics is not compatible with biological tissue," he said. "You need the device to be stiff at room temperature so the surgeon can implant the device, but soft and flexible enough to wrap around 3-D objects so the body can behave exactly as it would without the device. By putting electronics on shape-changing and softening polymers, we can do just that."
Old 05-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #373
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Suspended Animation Human Trials About to Begin | I Fucking Love Science

This should be interesting.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #374
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 05-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #375
Giantone
Gamebreaker